1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

2 verses to quit

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 4:6-7

I think these verses show us how to stay free. Because 1, they show how continual prayer guards your heart and mind, which is extremely important. Secondly, I had to read the bible to find this out, so you will obviously have to read the bible if you want to learn how to live as a Christian. And thirdly, it shows the importance of meditating and memorizing verses. Since I will have to keep these verses in my mind somehow, they won't profit me if I forget them.

So we can deduce three things from this: Pray continually, read the bible, and meditate on the bible.

If you are born again, then sticking to these three things everyday will guard your heart. If we do this I am very confident we will be free, I also think these habits are required in order to spot problems that may lead us to fall. So they help in many ways, direct and indirect.

Tao Jones and F. Phoenix like this.
  2. F. Phoenix

F. Phoenix Fapstronaut

3. We pray with God and read and reflect on his promises to us, all so that we might know him better. It is God himself at work within us that guards our hearts and minds, just as the passage indicates. Whatever we do to connect to him and invite his peace into our hearts is worthwhile.

Isaiah 26:3 "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."

SwedishViking likes this.