2 months of no pmo then something happened

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Okay so the title says it all. After I got almost 2 months streak of no pmo, something was happening. It seems during this time a new addiction or source of dopamine will gradually kicks in. Yes that's true. I always find myself spending most of the day watching youtube. I feel ashamed about myself, it seems like what's next. I was longing with something which i dont know.

I need to get rid of this. I noticed that my mind always tricked me. Whenever I got an idea or goal my body insisting for some excuses till such time that I couldn't make it.

Why is it so hard to do the things that I should have been doing. I feel no energy

FezMan76 and Little Prince like this.
  2. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I can relate. What your experiencing is being more accountable for your actions. It’s a normal thing to get you to do what you are wanting to do already.

It’s hard to do the things that you should be doing because we get complacent and like our routines and patterns. After we try to change, the brain still picks what’s the safest and most comfortable option. Which seems to be watching too much youtube and procrastinating from whatever you are trying to do. So the exercise is to keep training the brain on who you are becoming. I still escape from work by watching one hour or so of youtube / other media + this forum, but it’s better than wasting 4 hours or more, and before that days or weeks escaping from work.

FezMan76 and Mr. Cynism like this.
  3. Exactly bro, these days I feel more in charge with what days it's gonna be. As what you've said more accountable with the experiences you'll gonna make. And that's definitely true.

Regarding to being complacent, I actually agree with that. It seems just because we think we did it; we gradually from pmo then we think of ourselves as someone with an edge from others. And because of that we choose to do what's more comfortable and safe...

Yeah that's true, whenever I think the word study and the books that I'm about to read, I feel uncomfortable like it seems to acquire lots of effort and that's what my instinct wanted.

ruso and FezMan76 like this.
  4. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Indeed, and for better or for worse all we can do is exercise the self control to show the escapist/complacent side of you, that that shits old and boring and you are looking for new challenges and experiences.