1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

180+ days success motivations and tips (helpful for Muslim fapstronauts)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AabidJo, Jan 29, 2018.

1. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved Fapstronaut

1. I see that Allah created man to be imperfect. If man was created imperfect then how can Allah expect men to seek to be good?

2. If men do seek to be as good as they can, (pursuit of excellence), then can I go to Paradise even if I don't follow the rest of Islam? Can I be a good person in general and strive for excellence?

3. How can you be sure you have been good enough? What if Allah wants more? Do you go to hell?

4. I see that if I do something wrong to a friend, only that friend has the right to forgive me. What if that person withheld forgiveness all through eternity? Would I never enjoy Paradise?

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm eager to learn about Islam from someone who is knowledgeable.

Blessings.

Shahil and Warrior1995 like this.
  2. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

1. Allah expects from human beings the best of their effort. The rest is up to him - whether he will show mercy or not. But as he himself describes him to be infinitely merciful, and has already told human beings that he looks towards their effort, it is difficult to imagine he will change his word on the day of judgement. So, we believe he will show mercy to those who strove their best and let them enter his paradise.
    Good and perfect are not synonymous. Follow his guidance and be good to the best of our abilities.
    2. a)I don't get the first part of the question. If person pursues excellence in submitting his will to God, doing good deeds,observing the divine commandments and restraining himself from what is forbidden by God, then there is no chance for him to be a partial follower of Islam.
    b) We believe the only true guidance after the coming of the last and
    final prophet- Muhammad (peace be upon him) is Islam. We can never judge a person to say whether they are going to heaven or hell. It's only upto Allah to judge. If they never knew about Islam , may be they will be excused, because God is Just and Merciful.
    3. We can never be sure whether we are good enough in this life and that's the beauty of it. We have to strive until our last breath to do good deeds, seek repentance for our known and unknown sins.This uncertainty is essential for us to keep doing good as much as we can. We will know whether you were successful only on our deaths.
    4. If your friend sincerely pardons you in this life after you repented to God and sought the friend and did everything in your power to repair the harm you caused him (in pursuit of excellence), you won't have to bear that burden in the hereafter. If that person you wronged didn't forgive you in this life, you will face retribution from God on the wronged one's behalf to enact his justice. Along with that, you will bear the sin of disobeying God by oppressing your fellow creation. But you will not be punished for eternity for that particular sin(It is an injustice). Allah says: "Whoever will come to Allah with a good deed shall have ten times as much, and whoever will come to Allah with an evil deed, shall be requited with no more than the like of it. They shall not be wronged." (Qur'an 6:160)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  3. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

1. I still don't understand how Allah can be perfectly just, and allow sin to go unpunished just because we tried our best. For instance, let me use an example. Let's say a man robbed $500 dollars from another man. The man who lost $500 dollars accuses the thief, and they go to settle in court. The judges job is to be just. However, this judge is also a merciful judge. So, he decides to acquit the man who stole the $500. He says, "I know you took the money, but I am going to forgive you." Is that the end of the story? No! The man who lost $500 still wants it back. So the judge takes $500 from his own wallet and hands it to the man. All is good now. The thief has been forgiven, and the other man has been repaid.

According to your belief, Allah is both just and merciful. But you believe that if Allah is the judge, he just forgives the thief, maybe because the thief says he won't do it again. But it isn't over, because justice hasn't been delivered. Instead, only Allah's mercy is shown. This creates a contradiction. So, Allah is either all merciful, and not just. Or all just, and not merciful.

The true God is both. He is all just and all merciful. Instead of paying $500 to make things right, He gave himself.

2. Thanks for explaining.

3. To me, that seems very sad. I would not want to live life always knowing. It isn't beautiful, it's horrifying. Going through life, always trying hard but never knowing if you are going to be accepted isn't very assuring.

4. I guess what I was getting at was this: If I took a life on this earth, how could I be punished in eternity? There would be no equivalent. Allah couldn't destroy my soul, because that would be permanent.

4. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

1. I think you didn't read what I said thoroughly. There will be retribution for everything. If the wrongdoer sincerely repents, God can repay the person who was wronged very well. He is capable of doing anything. Why are you limiting his mercy and justice?
    2. You are welcome.
    3. If you already have an assurance for heaven, you can do any sin since you will be forgiven because of your belief? or just sit back and relax doing no good deeds? Such kind of mentality is not good for the proper progression of human kind. Human beings shouldn't be that much arrogant before God who deserves to be served and worshiped without any limits. How much ever you worship him or serve him, it will not be enough to show gratitude for even a few of his blessings on us.
    4. Who said everyone in hellfire will be punished in eternity? A person who believed in God and his messengers, but he transgressed the limits , may be forgiven without punishment if he had repented in this life, but if he didn't repent, he will be punished as a recompense for his sins. He will enter paradise after the punishment recompenses his sins. When a person kills another person in this life unjustly, it's the destruction of body. Why does Allah have to destroy the soul for that? The one who was killed will be recompensed for the wrong that was done on him. And God is capable of doing that very well.
    (...whoever will come to Allah with an evil deed, shall be requited with no more than the like of it. They shall not be wronged." [Qur'an 6:160])
    And he doesn't need a perfect atonement by someone perfect to forgive his creations, because he is infinitely merciful and oft-forgiving. The transgressions of the creation has no effect on him. Whether they obey or do not obey, it will not reduce anything from his kingdom or majesty.. That's why belief is always a choice.. I think the problem here is that you perceive God through some kind of anthropomorphic lens, and expect him to be like human beings...
    May Peace and blessings of God be upon you..

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    karimmassarani likes this.
  5. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

1. I am not limiting his mercy and justice. In fact, quite the opposite. God's mercy and justice are infinite. Therefore, one cannot surpass the other. They are equally infinite, equally eternal, equally unchanging. God cannot decide to limit His justice and extend his mercy. This is not because God is "unable", but because it goes against His very nature.

3. You're asking why would I do good things if I am already assured of being saved. Why not just relax and do horrible things if I'm already saved? Good question! A true believer in God will have such a love for God, that he or she will continue to serve Him even though they are already saved. It is out of love. I don't do good things because I want to get to Paradise. I do good things because God has already allowed me to enter Paradise. It is out of thankfulness, not because it is a task.

A great thinker named Paul wrote about this in Romans chapter 6.

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace."

If you have time and would like to know more, perhaps read the book of Romans, or even just the rest of Chapter 6.

4. I see. Allah can give recompense for bodily death, but just in a different form, such that the soul is not destroyed.

5. You mention that I am seeing God through an anthropomorphic lens. Or in other words, I think of God as just a super powerful human being. I can understand why you think that, but I don't think of God that way. God is infinitely holy, set apart from all that is finite. That is why angels sing, Holy, Holy, Holy, forever in adoration. Infinite Holiness. He never changes, even though humans change all the time.

Although God is set apart, He has given us some of His attributes, though in a finite form. For instance, just as God wants justice and mercy and love, so we also are sensitive to those things. We in no way fulfill them the same way God does, but we do have them nonetheless.

In Genesis we read, "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

AabidJo likes this.
  6. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

I see... There are clear differences between us.
    We believe God is capable of enacting mercy without compromising his justice in the afterlife.
    And we know that God looks to hearts and deeds. A person's faith necessitates him to perform righteous deeds. The former may not suffice. And we believe each of our good deeds will be counted and rewarded.
    A Just God will look at the hard work that his creation put in to pleasing him. The faith in him as the only one worthy of worship is necessary because that is the basic acknowledgement of his uncountable blessings on us. We believe that even true faith comes only with strife to achieve it. A person who sins, at the time of sinning is without faith. Because, if he had faith that he is being watched by God at that time, he wouldn't have sinned.
    It's too irrational to believe that God will treat the same way a person who tried everything in his power to please him during his lifetime and a person who sinned all his life and disobeyed him, just because both of them believed in something. That's against his justice.
    Why did he reveal the ten commandments and the Torah with many laws in the first place, then?
    With due respect to your beliefs, let me be frank. From our perspective, The New testament which is written by people like Paul and others who are not prophets of God, several decades after Jesus left this earth, is not as believable as Qur'an or Torah- which are direct revelations to God's messengers... We believe these are just assumptions they made about God... So let's agree to disagree here.

5. It's blasphemous in Islam to think that God has any similarity with anything we know or anything we can imagine. Yes he bestowed a few of his noble qualities to his creation. But the extends of these qualities that God possesses, are unimaginable for man.

Thanks for your clarifications. we will strive in his path until our death doing as many good deeds as possible and try our level best to avoid sins, God willing... May God guide us all to the straight path he is pleased with..
    Peace...
    (P.S. If you want to continue the conversation, we can begin another thread and copy and paste all these there. This discussion was not the intended topic of this thread.)

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

Alhamdulillah... 109 days.. I would like to share some of my realizations during this journey. I hope some of you may find it helpful. So for the last one month or so, I took a harder approach. I avoided everything that is unncecessary- instagram, facebook, youtube, every useless info out of the bay. Social media was limited to just whatsapp... And I controlled my eyes, lowered my gaze from everything that is useless- which means not just that is haram, just that is not concerning me... It did wonders, I feel. I have gained a more peaceful mind... I wish I can continue like this forever.. I've got past many of my insecurities and have become less judgmental about people around me, I believe... But I want to eradicate prejudice and prejudgment from myself. I want to see people for their character, and not for any of their external appearances..
    Moreover, there is a level of self confidence that enables me to do things that I think is right without fearing what people would think.. This change is phenomenal. I'm ready to stand different from the crowd..
    One thing I still have to work on is time management which is not going very well so far. I'm not giving enough time for memorization of Qur'an which is most probably the reason for absence of barakah in my time...It's all a matter of priority...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  8. Masha'Allah brother . Congratulations for 110 days .. Its a big achievement .. I am near achieving 90 days since i left this sinful life. May Allah protect us against vulgarity and devil's deceptions. Ameen

Shahil and AabidJo like this.
  9. O my God u just remind me that i was experiencing the same thing absense of barakat in time.And i too not giving time to Quraan.Thanks Abid love u bro, u opened my eyes.

Shahil and AabidJo like this.
  10. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

Aameen..
    May Allah make us the people of Qur'an.. Aameen

Shahil and Warrior1995 like this.
  11. Ameen

Shahil likes this.
  12. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

I think some of us have a wrong attitude towards shaythaan and his deeds. We shouldn't blame shaythaan all the time we mess up. It's our fault. He can only whisper. We are the ones who do the mistake. We should take the responsibility. In fact that is what makes us(human beings) different from him. When he disobeyed Allah he blamed Allah for his disobedience (
    قَالَ رَبِّ بِمَا أَغْوَيْتَنِي لَأُزَيِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَأُغْوِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْمَعِينَ . إِلَّا عِبَادَكَ مِنْهُمُ الْمُخْلَصِينَ
    Iblis said: "My Lord! In the manner You led me to error, I will make things on earth seem attractive to them and lead all of them to error, but your sincere slaves.).

But when Adam AS and Hawwa SA made a mistake, even though they made the mistake due to the deception of shaythaan, they never blamed iblees. Instead they took the blame upon themselves. They prayed :
    رَ‌بَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ‌ لَنَا وَتَرْ‌حَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِ‌ينَ"Our Lord, we have transgressed our own selves. If you don't forgive us and show mercy to us, we will be among the losers."

And on the day of Judgement:
    {وَقَالَ الشَّيْطَانُ لَمَّا قُضِيَ الْأَمْرُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَعَدَكُمْ وَعْدَ الْحَقِّ وَوَعَدْتُكُمْ فَأَخْلَفْتُكُمْ وَمَا كَانَ لِي عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ سُلْطَانٍ إِلَّا أَنْ دَعَوْتُكُمْ فَاسْتَجَبْتُمْ لِي فَلَا تَلُومُونِي وَلُومُوا أَنْفُسَكُمْ مَا أَنَا بِمُصْرِخِكُمْ وَمَا أَنْتُمْ بِمُصْرِخِيَّ إِنِّي كَفَرْتُ بِمَا أَشْرَكْتُمُونِ مِنْ قَبْلُ إِنَّ الظَّالِمِينَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ} إبراهيم: 22
    " And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, “Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment.”(Ibrahim 14:22)
    This is what I realized so far. Several times before, I sought refuge in Allah whenever I got an urge. Recited Ayat al kursi. Still i ended up sinning. So I realized, it's not shaytaan, but it's me and my nafs. So I stopped blaming everything and everyone else for my own acts. I'm the one who is responsible before Allah. I think that realization was crucial in my nofap journey. Moreover , we have see this from a medical perspective as well. This is a disease- an addiction. So, we have to see what experts say on the matter to de- addict ourselves, to rewire our brain.

ItsFinallyTime likes this.
  13. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

One of the scariest ahadith:
    جاء في ذنوب الخلوات الحديث الذي رواه ابن ماجه (4245) عَنْ ثَوْبَانَ رضي الله عنه عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنَّهُ قَالَ : ( لأَعْلَمَنَّ أَقْوَامًا مِنْ أُمَّتِي يَأْتُونَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ بِحَسَنَاتٍ أَمْثَالِ جِبَالِ تِهَامَةَ بِيضًا فَيَجْعَلُهَا اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ هَبَاءً مَنْثُورًا ) قَالَ ثَوْبَانُ : يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صِفْهُمْ لَنَا ، جَلِّهِمْ لَنَا أَنْ لاَ نَكُونَ مِنْهُمْ وَنَحْنُ لاَ نَعْلَمُ ، قَالَ : ( أَمَا إِنَّهُمْ إِخْوَانُكُمْ وَمِنْ جِلْدَتِكُمْ وَيَأْخُذُونَ مِنَ اللَّيْلِ كَمَا تَأْخُذُونَ وَلَكِنَّهُمْ أَقْوَامٌ إِذَا خَلَوْا بِمَحَارِمِ اللَّهِ انْتَهَكُوهَا ) . وصححه الألباني في " صحيح ابن ماجه " .

Ibn Maajah (4245) narrated from Thawbaan (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “I certainly know people of my ummah who will come on the Day of Resurrection with good deeds like the mountains of Tihaamah, but Allaah will make them like scattered dust.” Thawbaan said: O Messenger of Allaah, describe them to us and tell us more, so that we will not become of them unknowingly. He said: “They are your brothers and from your race, worshipping at night as you do, but they will be people who, when they are alone, transgress the sacred limits of Allaah.”

May Allah protect us and purify us.....

14. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

But again and again. let me tell you what I learned: if we want to succeed, we have to step up. We cannot expect the same results for the same actions. If we ar not succeeding, we have to change our actions. And I guarantee you, if we want a change genuinely, it's not enough to sincerely wish for it, we have to make sure we exhibit that desire to change THROUGH ACTIONS, by sacrificing our comfort. I can boldly say that Nofap is not about NOT DOING, but it's about DOING. Doing good productive things, being more spiritual. Otherwise, we cannot expect help from Allah.. So let's start doing...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  15. AabidJo

AabidJo Fapstronaut

From islamqa.info :
    Firstly: we advise you to keep away from all sin, minor and major, and to beware of it and avoid it, for sin is bad news for the one who does it. We will quote here some of the effects of sin, as described by Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him):

1 – Being deprived of knowledge for knowledge is light that Allaah causes to reach the heart, and sin extinguishes that light. When al-Shaafa’i sat before Maalik and read to him, he admired him because of the intelligence, alertness and understanding that he saw in him. He said, “I think that Allaah has caused light to enter your heart, so do not extinguish it with the darkness of sin.”

2 – Being deprived of provision. In Musnad Ahmad it is narrated that Thawbaan said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘A man is deprived of provision because of the sins that he commits.’” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 4022, classed as hasan/sound by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah).

3 – Sense of alienation that comes between a person and his Lord, and between him and other people. One of the salaf (righteous predecessors) said: “If I disobey Allaah, I see that in the attitude of my riding beast and my wife.”

4 – Things become difficult for him, so that he does not turn his attention towards any matter but he finds the way blocked or he finds it difficult. By the same token, for the one who fears Allaah, things are made easy for him.

5 – The sinner will find darkness in his heart, which he will feel just as he feels the darkness of night. So this darkness affects his heart as the physical darkness affects his vision. For obedience is light and disobedience is darkness. The stronger the darkness grows, the greater becomes his confusion, until he falls into innovation, misguidance and other things that lead to doom, without even realizing, like a blind man who goes out in the darkness of the night, walking alone This darkness grows stronger until it covers the eyes, then it grows stronger until it covers the face, which appears dark and is seen by everyone. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas said: “Good deeds make the face light, give light to the heart, and bring about ample provision, physical strength and love in people’s hearts. Bad deeds make the face dark, give darkness to the heart, and bring about physical weakness, a lack of provision and hatred in people’s hearts.”

6 – Deprivation of worship and obedience. If sin brought no punishment other than that it prevents a person from doing an act of worship which is the opposite of sin, and cuts off access to other acts of worship, that would be bad enough. So the sin cuts off a third way and a fourth way and so on, and because of the sin he is cut off from many acts of worship, each of which would have been better for him than this world and everything in it. So he is like a man who eats food that is bound to cause a lengthy sickness, and thus he is deprived of many other foods that are better than that. And Allaah is the One Whose help we seek.

7 – Sin breeds sin until it dominates a person and he cannot escape from it.

8 – Sin weakens a person’s willpower. It gradually strengthens his will to commit sin and weakens his will to repent until there is no will in his heart to repent at all… so he seeks forgiveness and expresses repentance, but it is merely words on the lips, like the repentance of the liars, whose hearts are still determined to commit sin and persist in it. This is one of the most serious diseases that are most likely to lead to doom.

9 – He will become desensitized and will no longer find sin abhorrent, so it will become his habit, and he will not be bothered if people see him committing the sin or talk about him.

For the leaders of immorality, this is the ultimate shamelessness in which they find great pleasure, such that they feel proud of their sin and will speak of it to people who do not know that they have done it, saying, “O so and so, I did such and such.” Such people cannot be helped and the path to repentance is blocked for them in most cases. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All of my ummah (followers) will be fine except for those who commit sin openly, and that includes cases where Allaah conceals a person’s sin, but the following morning he exposes himself and says, ‘O So and so, I did such and such last night, so he shamelessly exposes himself when all night his Lord had concealed his sin.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5949; Muslim, 2744).

10 – When there are many sins they leave a mark on the heart of the person who commits them, so he becomes one of the negligent. As one of the salaf said, concerning the aayah (verse)–

“Nay! But on their hearts is the Raan (covering of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn”

[al-Mutaffifeen 83:14 – interpretation of the meaning]

this means sin after sin.

How this starts is that the heart gets stained by sin, and if the sin increases then the stain grows bigger until it becomes the raan (covering of sin and evil deeds), then it increases until it becomes a seal, and the heart becomes covered and sealed. If that happens after a person had been guided and had understood, then his heart is turned upside down, and at that point the Shaytaan gains control over him and directs him as he wants.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    ItsFinallyTime and Warrior1995 like this.
  16. How is that possible?
    Yesterday, i was watching a video on youtube, in which i heard each and every word same as u wrote here today.I think Allah wanted me to take this thing serious. But the thing is, i have the same thought that sheetan can do nothing more than whispering in our minds. What we do is our fault, we should reject those thoughts by immediately reciting ayat ul kursi and the names of Allah Almighty.

AabidJo likes this.
  17. Alas! Unfortunately, we were one of those who transgressed their limits.Yaa Allah we don't want to be more like those who crossed their limits. The One and only One Allah can save us from this....

AabidJo likes this.
  18. uncleiroh

uncleiroh Fapstronaut

As-Salam Alaykum,
    First of all, dear brother, I would like to congratulate you for striving to your utmost. Allahuma Barek Lak! I advise you, I and other Muslims to stay firm on this path, and to keep renewing our intentions to please Allaah.

Second of all, dear brother, as you have noticed, I quoted a specific portion of what you typed above. Brother, where did you get this information from? Our Aqeedah is the exact opposite of what you claim. After someone passes away, they can not see what we do. Only Allaah can see what we do and that is sufficient.

19. infinity.point

infinity.point Fapstronaut

Assalam-o-alikuum.
    Thanks a lot for this. I really had this urge. Thank Allah I saw this. Now I am sure I won't be able to continue PMO. :)

AabidJo and ItsFinallyTime like this.
  20. planb512

planb512 Fapstronaut

Jazak Allah Khair, beautiful posts and really useful to any brothers out there trying to get rid of this filthy habit.

AabidJo and ItsFinallyTime like this.