1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Mr. Sleep, what the f*** is wrong with you?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Steve Sancteria, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

So I am currently having some...sleep problems I try to fix for a couple of weeks now.

I go to bed at the same time for months and wake up at the same time for months as well and I didn´t have had to problems when I´ve started.

I use ear plugs for years to sleep cause neighbours...and I also started to use a sleeping mask cause I can´t darken my room entirely.

So most of the time, I wake up in the middle of the night 1 time and this causes me not feeling AS great as I could...not feeling bad but...if you pay 4$ for 2 cups of tea and 1 cup is only half full, you would feel pissed, right?

Last night I´ve tried to sleep in the darkest corner of my room without the sleeping mask...this ended up having first the same problem and after that I had like 3 nightmares...one of them had a ton of triggers which made the morning rly uncomfortable as well.

Anyways, do you guys have similar problems or HAD similar problems and found a way to fix it?
    Could it be a side effect of rebooting?

2. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

How is your stress and anxiety?

If you are a person willing to try supplements, you could try time release melatonin.

If it continues to the point it affects your life contact a doctor.

3. Steve Sancteria

I feel amazing during the day, my mindset exercise in the evening caused in the beginning actual amazing sleep as well as dreams, like driving a lamborghini or producing some music with cool music producers. This was...2 weeks ago.

For me, taking supplements is a short solution keeping the actual problem unsolved, so I rly try to fix it the natural way.

I gonna do a more detailed research, trying things out for 1 week and then I gonna ask a doctor

4. Steve Sancteria

There is one more thing I´ve forgotten to mention, it could be the problem as well.

I´ve started 3 weeks ago to drink 3 liters each day, ofc I´ve started to set a time when I should stop drinking to prevent running to the toilet in the night as well.
    Even tho I´ve set the time 2-3 hours before bed, I still wake up having that preasure, sometimes it even hurts. But I don´t have that feeling when I wake up in the middle of the night.

5. syndicate-london

syndicate-london Fapstronaut

Well, I too have the same sleeping problem - sleep at 10, wake up at 1 or 2 a.m. If the night is kind enough, they'll even give me a nightmare. (I tried turning off wi-fi and mobile data on my phone and also put my laptop on airplane mode - interestingly, the next time, there's no nightmare. But this is non-conclusive since it's just a day and two.) But, it's mostly due to blue lights from the screens.

I'll try with reducing water intake to 3 liters instead of 1 gallon each day, as what you have tried.

Steve Sancteria likes this.
  6. Steve Sancteria

I can remember, after waking up the 1st time, I did place my mobilephone next to me, after that I had 3 nightmares out of nowhere, I might wanna turn it to airplane-mode as well, thanks for that tipp

I've done a power nap of 30 minutes, it rly helped a lot getting a bit of energy, but it's so rediculous how bad bad sleep affects the fact you gonna have strong urges, from 20 days of no urges, feeling amazing and alife to 1 massive monster urge only cause I've slept totally bad

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017