Manscaping??

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by joe.8843, Jun 15, 2014.

1. joe.8843

joe.8843 Fapstronaut

Are any of you guys into manscaping below the belt? I like to keep my pubic hair short and my ball sack and dick shaved. What styles do you like. How do you keep from edging when you are handling your pack when you manscape?

2. IGY

IGY Guest

Manscaping/womanscaping/transcaping (my spell check is telling me they are not real words). In fact, it all seems somewhat bizarre to me. Why? Because it looks unnatural. So much so, that some guys that shave their pubes and genitals look like prepubescent boys! Why would anybody want to look like that? I am a pragmatist. I firmly believe that the most effective way to approach this challenge is not to touch your cock (except to wash and piss). So, even if you are into this unnatural past time, at least give it up while you are supposed to be keeping your hands above your waist. After all, there is not just the touching of your cock and balls at the time, but you will also avoid the urge to scratch any itches in the following days. You might even realise you look better (or at least not a minor).

3. Fadeless

Fadeless Fapstronaut

I would recommend to manscape. Yes I trim below the belt every week or two. It keeps everything looking neat, clean and 'approachable'. It also shows you care about your appearance too.

Everyone who has trimmed/shaved for a long period of time will know that it's so much better than leaving everything to grow into a fuzzy bush. It also looks even better. Many women have said that they prefer a guy to manage everything down there. Some wanted clean shaven and others wanted a nice short trim on a man, however a very very low percentage wanted an unmanaged zone. Think about it, imagine your girl left it 'natural', just how appealing would it all look?

As for the itchiness, don't shave against the grain or better yet, just use a trimmer and trim it all down. It's quicker and easier to do.

4. Argh having a strong shaving fetish and reading this is the dumbest thing I could do - thanks God for making me stronger!

You are both right, IGY and Fadeless, I think your arguments are just as valuable, touching your genitals as less as possible on one hand and taking great care of yourself on another.

Beyond simply aesthetics purposes, it really depends I think. Personally I prefer totally shaven guys and hairy girls. It's really a matter of: is this rationalization, like "oh I'm gonna touch my cock but it won't really be touching my cock because what I do is shaving", or is it a genuine way for you to feel neat and clean and so stronger and more focused against adversity (urges)?

5. IGY

IGY Guest

I infer from the notion of keeping it all clean and 'approachable' (or it also shows you care about your appearance), that you seem to think that to remain as nature intended means being dirty, unapproachable and not care about one's appearance. It is the same crass argument some use - those that haven't had a piece chopped off the end of their cock are dirty and smelly. It is simply inaccurate and disrespectful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  6. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

IGY, if you let the hair on your face grow "as nature intended" and never trimmed it, people would assume you were dirty and possibly homeless. If you let your natural odor accumulate, instead of using artificial products to remove and mask it, people would find you very unapproachable. (Maybe it's a city vs. country thing? I don't know.) I prefer a clean look and feel, and it isn't about image. It's more about sensation and hygiene.

Oh, weird thought... Do wax parlors do guys? Is it even possible?

7. IGY

IGY Guest

Thank you for illustrating my point. I said nothing against cleaning products. Being clean is a factual thing. Your personal fetish of shaving and the concept of a clean look and a clean feel is in your head, somewhere. You have, yet again repeated this myth that if you have body hair (and now a beard) you are unclean, lol.

8. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Fapstronaut

I think so, I heard its called getting a "manzilian", havent really investigated it further though...

I dont understand your point at all IGY, you never cut your hair or what?
    Why even get into a debate over personal preferences, no one is right and no one is wrong.

9. IGY

IGY Guest

The person originating the thread asked for opinions about so-called manscaping, which I gave. It is others that have taken issue with me. I accept that some people, like the moderator, may have a shaving fetish but I object to the inference that those that let their body hair grow naturally are unclean and unhygienic. e5s is entitled to her view. But she is not entitled to suggest that those who do not succumb to the fad of recent years of smooth bodies, do not look or feel clean.

10. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

IGY,

Of course you can have a beard and still be clean, but cleanliness is more easily achieved and verified when you keep the surface area of your person under control. A trimmed beard attracts less food mess and is more easily wiped down with a napkin. Fact. The same basic physics applies to other areas of the body. Hair of all kinds retains odors and requires time to dry after washing. That's one reason why some folks prefer to keep their head hair short. It's less work to maintain.

The original question was how to keep from edging while manscaping (shortening the hair). You responded by calling the practice "unnatural" and implying a connection to pedophilia (utterly specious). You're always free to do what you like with your body, but in this thread you're demanding more respect from others than you're offering. Shake the chip off your shoulder already.

11. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Fapstronaut

Actually he wanted tips on how to do it without edging, what technique to use etc. I think your personal opinion on whether to manscape or not is totally irrelevant for the original poster.

Why wouldnt she be entitled to express her opinion about manscaping in a manscaping thread?Thats just silly.

Also, if you were together with a girl for five years and all of a sudden she got a thick black mustasch, would you like her to womanscape it or keep it as nature intended?

12. IGY

IGY Guest

I said, right at the outset, in answer to the original post - give it up while you are supposed to be keeping your hands above your waist. I simply said that if a man shaves of all body hair he has the appearance of a boy that has yet to go through puberty. My point was, it just looks odd, that's all. You inferred a connection to paedophilia - I didn't. I don't understand why you keep trying to bust my balls over this. You have your own preference, I have mine. Why do you keep banging on about it?

13. IGY

IGY Guest

As you can see, his question was: Are any of you guys into manscaping below the belt? I answered the question and explained why I am not into it. So far, so good?

The other question he posed was: How do you keep from edging when you are handling your pack when you manscape? I suggested: give it up while you are supposed to be keeping your hands above your waist. I also added something that came up with someone for whom I am an AP: you will also avoid the urge to scratch any itches in the following days.

So, why wouldn't I be entitled to express my opinion about manscaping in a manscaping thread? That's just silly. Talking of being silly, I won't dignify your question with a response, lol.

14. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Fapstronaut

I think it is pretty obvious that was a rhetorical question just to start things off, dont you?

Actually my question is not silly and you refuse to answer it because you would have to admit that your little "keep things as nature intended"-argument falls flat.

15. fapadonna

fapadonna Fapstronaut

I trimmed down the chinchilla about an hour ago. I'm not sure if it was a smart idea. It feels a lot more breezy down there. Staying strong

16. Rootbeerdude

Rootbeerdude Fapstronaut

I have shaved bald for since about age 16. So 8 years now. As part of nofap, I have stopped shaving. At first I liked it, nice and short. Now it is getting a little unruly, and I feel uncomfortable as if it is not "approachable" as someone else said.

But I am also trying to own the natural aspect, and stay open to my beliefs about "style". I have always liked clean shaven or waxed women, and figured they wanted about the same.

I have gone down on girls with bushes before, and thought they needed to shave. Sometimes I even told them to if we started dating. But now I feel like changing my disposition. There's nothing wrong with hair down there. And if I've got a bush and she's got a bush, then that sounds hot to me. But then again, maybe I am seeking novelty only since I've honestly never had bush-on-bush sex before.

One last thought. We have a lot of sweat glands in the pubic area, and the pubic hair helps hold in "our" smell. It's a pheromone thing. Napoleon was said to write his love (josephine?) in France when he was coming home, and tell her not to bathe so he could smell all of her when he arrived. Now the French could be weird, and he might have been weird, but it is also true that our culture today holds artificial sent in high regard. There is a difference between nasty Body Odor, and someone's personal sent. You know, when you smell your gal's hair when she hasn't taken a shower in a day and the product smell is gone and there is a faint smell of her?

I find it hard to be with someone if I don't like "their" smell. Everyone smells bad after a certain point, but I like to like the smell of my significant other, and I think by shaving, and only wanting her shaved I may be missing out on a more sexual attraction of pubic pheromone smells.

Yea.

17. FolicAcid

FolicAcid Fapstronaut

I only have my scrotum shaved THAT'S IT(Had surgery on it and to let it grow out irritates the HELL OUT OF ME)!!!! I love "all natural" the more on a women the better as long as it doesn't go to far down the border I'm OK. Hairy Butt NO :mad:

18. Hotshot

Hotshot Fapstronaut

I manscape. For a few reasons.

1. Motorcycle rides, on my crotch rocket. This can pull my gooch hair if I don't keep up with it and becomes quite painful as I ride.
    2. My GF likes it.
    3. During sex I feel a more fluid "glide" and it's almost like the hair takes away from it or soaks up some wetness or whatnot. I can't explain it further.

19. EnjeeNick

EnjeeNick Fapstronaut

I have like everything organized. Its like minecraft-induced OCD. So I've always manscaped by trimming everything down there. If its too long its like bothersome and I notice it. Plus I think it looks better trimmed. I'm also a fan of the stubble, not like a weak stubble but not too strong, I just think it looks really good. So yeah thats just me.