Newbie here to the NoFap community

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Dakota12, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved Fapstronaut

Hey I'm 17, but the same kind of thing has happened to me. I also have had dreams that I was masturbating resulting in a wet dream. It's terrible to wake up and feel that shame. It's so deeply ingrained that my subconscious does it involuntarily. I never thought I could make it this far, but 27 days ago I joined NoFap, and I'm 27 days clean. I hope you break this addiction and make things right with your family.

Best wishes.

2. Dakota12

Dakota12 Fapstronaut

Thanks D.J. Means a lot coming from you.

D . J . likes this.
  3. Dakota12

Dakota12 Fapstronaut

Thank you ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved. I hope that I can too. I just know that I have to take each day at a time. Live life in the here and now reality. This has helped me control myself by realizing that I can actually achieve a multiple goals by living in the present self (immediate reality) compared to seeking and living a fantasy. You see the fantasy is something you chase to only find the ultimate euphoria at the end of the rainbow. Well let me tell you there is nothing to find. There is nothing there. It is an infinite road of emptiness. I have the choice to PMO or not. In the end I am the one that dictates that. I just have to continue to strengthen my mind and retrain it throughout this process and never give up like I have so many times before. Education has been instumental to the recovery process. The more you know the clearer the picture gets. The clearer the picture gets the easier it is to realize just how dysfunctional the compulsive binge behavior is.

Congratulations on your 27 days of PMO free activity. Keep on killing it!

4. Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler Fapstronaut

55 days of no PMO! Congrats to that. @Dakota12 .

I know the "fantasy, ritualization, compulsive sexual behavior and shame" loop all too well. One of the most agonizing things for me, is to be in the midst of that loop, and to know you are in that loop, want to get out of the loop, but it does not stop. After the supposed "victory," the shame and guilt of not stopping is right there to meet you.

Driving and whacking? Really? You are in deep! I may have saw you one time, driving down the road. :) I was thinking "Is that guy... no... no way... no way is he..." I think it's safe to say that is a bad idea! But of course you know that.

You mentioned recognizing triggers. Isn't that the truth. So many triggers to choose from. Everything is "fine" and then suddenly you are triggered and everything unravels in a moment's notice. Recognize those triggers, call them out in the moment, then move on to something ELSE!

I hardly know you, and certainly don't know your wife... but man, I think she loves you. Give her a nice gentle hug when you can.

Thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work man! Keep moving forward!

Ayjaydubya, Dakota12 and D . J . like this.
  5. Dakota12

Dakota12 Fapstronaut

Thanks bud! Appreciate the support, keep on keepin' on!

Ayjaydubya, D . J . and Carl Spackler like this.
  6. Ayjaydubya

Ayjaydubya Fapstronaut

No need to feel shame because of a wet dream--it's a natural occurrence, not your fault. Congrats on 27 days!

7. Carl Spackler

What's the word on the streets of Dakota? Any news to report? The good, the bad, the ugly? Keep pointing forward!

8. Carl Spackler

Hey there @Dakota12 ... Hoping you are out and about being busy with your life. Regardless of the news, would be good to to know how you are doing.

Peace to you and your family!

D . J . likes this.
  9. Carl Spackler

@Dakota12 - Just taking one more crack at checking in with you. I hope things are going OK in your world.