1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Lamento que hayan desaparecido
    Hola, hi!
    Thanks for thinking of me xD
    La verdad no me siento preparada para dar acompañamiento. Lo más que puedo hacer es compartir mis experiencias, lo que a mí me ha funcionado y las recomendaciones que yo misma recibo de mi compañera de responsabilidad y otras personas del foro, así como tratar de dar ánimos, jeje. Pero si eso sirve, aquí estoy.
    Estaba pensando en preguntarle a mi AP si puede ayudar a Keli o recomendarle a alguien, pero Keli no habla inglés y mi AP no habla español...
    ¿Qué opinas, Keli?

2. So sad... I'm sorry
    I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case
    "Every cloud has a silver lining", the saying goes
    It will be

3. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias.
    Yo hablo en inglés con mucha gente aquí con el traductor.. me traduce automáticamente en el teléfono..

Hope23 and Mara43 like this.
  4. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Día 0 de nuevo.
    aunque caí solo una vez necesito salir de esto.

artifact likes this.
  5. Sí, pero ¿funciona solamente en páginas web, o no? Lo decía porque normalme me comunico con ella por Telegram. Creo que no entra seguido aquí. Pero de todos modos le voy a preguntar

Bueno, que haya sido una sola vez ya es ventaja. Ánimo.

6. Checking in - day 148
    I'm struggling again. My mind has been suggesting me toughts and memories of M and P. I notice that M has been more and more present in my mind lately.
    I felt in danger and afraid to decide to fall, especially last Tuesday at evening. I woke up with urges twice during the night from Tue to Wed. This is so stressful!
    The idea of giving in sometimes seemed appealing, but at the same time it scares me because I don't know how or when it's going to end. I'm really afraid of ending up like one year ago...
    Today was calmer. I went to the church with some fellows, it was a relief and now feel much better ^^

️Winchester, Hope23 and artifact like this.
  7. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - happy Friday everyone

️Winchester, Mara43 and Hope23 like this.
  8. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

I'm very sorry to hear that you have it. Continue to stay strong in God's strength and don't give up, you can do it!
    I pray for you! May God help you!

9. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Lasted a week.

Reset today

artifact and ️Winchester like this.
  10. Checking in for the day.

As cliché as it sounds, I'm having to remember to take it one day at a time. The only day that counts is today.

I don't want to go back. Death before PMO!

artifact, Hope23 and Mara43 like this.
  11. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

Checking in , life feels so beautiful without PMO,

12. Thank you, I need it. I feel vulnerable

13. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I had a tough week mentally/spiritually, nothing to do with PMO directly. More of dealing with fear and doubt, I feel much better the last couple of days.

14. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry things are like this for you right now but it's admirable that you're putting forth this effort. This is a difficult thing. I, like you, didn't realize this was an issue when I was younger (41 now). But once I met my wife and tried to quit, I realized I couldn't. It does this insidious damage that can be hard to fully recognize. Life can be quite difficult for sure and it really is commendable that you're here trying to work on this.

One thing that I really feel has helped me and I'm still somewhat early in my journey with is meditation. I've mentioned this before and not trying to push it onto anyone but I'm starting to believe in the benefits. In the past I never understood it and never developed the habit but now that I have it has helped calm my mind a little - I'm less on auto-pilot. I'm more likely to notice my thoughts and where my mind goes. I've used Jeff Warren's 30 days for beginners (Calm App) and now sometimes I'll do one of those and sometimes I just set a timer and meditate without any guided listening. It took a few months probably before I really noticed any difference, and only about 10 minutes/day. I'm hoping that it gets even better as I continue. Anyway, thanks for being here.

artifact, Hope23, born3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. It really is about the present moment isn't it. I've spent a lot of time dwelling on the past or dreaming/hoping about the future, not fully understanding that it's in the present moment where you create both your future (to a degree) and your past.

16. Strong work to get through it. There are tough moments for sure but they always end one way or another. Sometimes when I get a strong urge right now and get a little anxiety over it I just smile, which has somehow taken away some of its power.

17. XnevertoolateX

XnevertoolateX Fapstronaut

Thanks, man. For what it's worth, still going strong. Praying for a series of miracles to get my life together.
    Glad you're fighting, too.

Given that you've passed the 90-day mark, do you have any experiences to share? Anything I can look forward to? Are the benefits I hear about online during a reset really that good?

I'll be honest, I'm skeptical... but I don't really have anything else going for me, so might as well find out for my self...

artifact and ️Winchester like this.
  18. XnevertoolateX

Good on you for getting to church and hanging out with people. Being around community definitely makes things significantly better, doesn't it?
    Hang in there -- I know it's tough. You're doing amazing keep that streak going!

19. XnevertoolateX

Thank you... and congrats on an amazing streak. I hope to be in that position one day giving support to newer members!

artifact, Hope23 and Mara43 like this.
  20. Finishing day 150!! :-D

You're right, they won't last forever
    Wow, I would never have thought of it! Thanks :)

Yes, of course!
    Thank you! ^^
    With God's help everything is possible