1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. XnevertoolateX

XnevertoolateX Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

artifact and Mara43 like this.
  2. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - bit of a trying afternoon yesterday, hoping for better today.

3. XnevertoolateX

Hang in there... with your counter, you're an inspiration to many!
    Hope to see that thing keep increasing.

4. Checking in day 146
    Today one year ago I joined this forum! Thanks to all who have helped me in any way ♡

Thank you!

born3, Raskolnikov II, Hope23 and 2 others like this.
  5. Checking in. Almost have my first week completed. Asking God for the grace to teach this old dog new tricks.

Hope everyone else is doing good today!

6. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

Still prepping for my side project , things are shitty , but I can't complain anymore, Gotta deal with problems as a man, feeling tired after a hard ass session at the gym , and didn't get much sleep but im still working on my sleeping problem s , ordered earplugs and shades so i can sleep easy as im working at night. Reading success stories in nofap.com fuels inspiration to keep going, i keep reminding myself this shit is just temporary and things will eventually change hopefully for the better.

7. Yes, welcome back.

8. Warren of fleabags

Checking in - yesterday was a better day, hoping for more of the same today.

Thank you - I appreciate that.

9. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Congratulations! I'm glad you're here and thank you too for your support and advice that you helped many here, included me :)
    Keep fighting and never give up! May God bless and help you!

10. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Muchas gracias
    Ayer volví a caer
    Espero sea mi día 1 hoy

artifact and Raskolnikov II like this.
  11. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Necesito un amigo compañero de responsabilidad. Más o menos de mi edad. He tenido algunos aquí pero todos han desaparecido.

Hope23 likes this.
  12. Checking in. I've been completely free from PM but since I disclosed this problem to my wife we have been better connected then ever before, which is of course a great thing. I've been wanting to have a longer period of complete abstinence though so I brought the idea up to my wife and she's on board, so I'm doing at least 30 days of complete abstinence. I'm about a week in already. I think it'll be great to accomplish this.

13. XnevertoolateX

Thanks for letting me join this group -- new to nofap and this site.
    I'll start a journal soon (and link it in a later post), but just wanted to start by expressing my gratitude for this community and the opportunity to set my soul straight.

A quick intro... I'm in my late 30s and have been using PMO for basically my whole life. I never thought PMO was a big deal (largely because leftist school systems taught me so), in fact, I've used PMO to manage my moods and depression for the past 15 years.
    ...but, sadly, I only recently learned how detrimental PMO is to a persons health, confidence, and mental health.

Recently I suffered a series of family tragedies -- some my fault, some not -- which have brought me to rock bottom. My wife left me, I lost my job, and had to move in with my family. My mental health and social networks have also been more or less demolished. I started my nofap jouney in disgust with myself and more or less as an act of self-resentment. Basically saying to myself "F-you, self, you don't even deserve to wank anymore."

By what feels like a truly bizarre twist of fate, I found that being PMO-free for a couple weeks actually led to dramatically better headspace, despite my terrible life situation. I've struggled with social isolation, depression, and anxiety for a solid 15 years, and now I suspect that PMO -- which I thought I was using as a relief mechanism -- might actually be one of the major causes of all my pain.

Crazy how life trauma can be a catalyst for improvement.

Forutnately I'm so hurt by everything that's happened recently, that the discomfort of nofap hardly compares to the mental anguish I'm going through. In that way it actually made it pretty easy to get through the first 20 days. Praise God.

I don't expect it to continue to be easy, especially as my life, comfort, and libido return. As things get harder I hope I can lean on this community to continue to stay abstinent and continue to improve my life. The first half was pretty rough, but with the grace of God the second half will be prosperous.

If any of this resonates with you, please feel free to reply or reach out. I'd love to talk and support one another.

born3, artifact, Mara43 and 2 others like this.
  14. XnevertoolateX

Thank you -- stoked to be a part of the group!

artifact, Mara43 and Hope23 like this.
  15. Checking in for the day. One week down and almost one day into my second week.

Keep on fighting the good fight ladies and gentlemen!

artifact, Mara43 and Hope23 like this.
  16. Warren of fleabags

Checking in - hoping for a less stressful day today than yesterday

17. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Mara43 is your age :)
    And remember, if it seems that you have been abandoned by someone here, then God will never abandon you.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Mara43 and ️Winchester like this.
  18. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing your story with us! I know it wasn't easy for you to tell, but you took the right step. Congratulations! You started this journey to freedom like all of us here!
    I wish you endurance and strength not to get tired in your journey and never give up even if it seems that hopes are lost.
    May God help you stay on the narrow path and bless you.

I wish everyone else the same :)

19. Checking in. Enjoying a sober and sunny day!

One day at a time, folks! God bless.

Hope23, artifact and Mara43 like this.