1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Checking in on day 20. Hope everyone is doing well.

artifact, JJ_Kino, Mara43 and 2 others like this.
  2. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Keep it up

artifact and Mara43 like this.
  3. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I am on day 149 no sex, no PMO
    No fantasy, no euphoric recall
    40 year old male

I am grateful to have very few lust thoughts, no strong desire to act out, no urges to fight off. The problem has been removed.

I am keeping strong boundaries around the internet, attending 12.step meetings, keeping in touch with other addicts.

Wishing everyone a steady recovery

Without God's help I am powerless over lust

Handel1742, artifact, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  4. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - important presentation today

artifact, JJ_Kino, Mara43 and 3 others like this.
  5. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Good luck in presentation!

6. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I am on day 150 no sex, no PMO, no fantasy, no euphoric recall
    40 year old male

Wishing everyone a steady recovery today

thank God, I don't have to struggle with urges today..thank God I don't have to look at toxic images or videos today

7. I'm curious why you are not allowing yourself to M or O? For me the focus is on ridding myself of P but I do not see M and O as the enemy, it's natural to want to M and to O no?

8. Checking and going strong on 15 days and heading for a month! Finding doing weights at the gym to be SUPER helpful in this journey and in my life in general

9. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

Why is fapping bad? There are so many reasons. It's addictive, it's terrible for male health, it causes erectile dysfunction.

Hope23 and Mara43 like this.
  10. Guys, let me share my point of view and experience
    Yes, it's completely natural to have sexual impulses. But the problem with M is that it's addictive. Even a single "dose" may be enough to get hooked!
    When performing a behavior consumes more time than intended, when you want to stop or reduce it for whatever reason but you find yourself repeating it anyway, when you leave aside other things that you should be taking care of in that moment because you are engaged in the behavior, and so on, we have big red flags...
    In my case, the problem is 99% with M and 1% with P. By the way, it was M what led me to watch P!
    I can say M has had a negative impact on my psychological health.
    M is not harmless.

11. 120 days now!!!! Yay! :-D

artifact, Hope23 and JJ_Kino like this.
  12. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Boss post and I love it. Thank you for this it's very inspirational. God bless

artifact, Be Inspired and Mara43 like this.
  13. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Excellently said! I totally agree 1000%

artifact, Be Inspired and Mara43 like this.
  14. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Congratulations! Keep moving forward and never give up! God bless you and help you!

I wish the same to the others!

Be Inspired and Mara43 like this.
  15. Thank you. It's only my experience

Hope23 and Be Inspired like this.
  16. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - happy Friday everyone

artifact and Hope23 like this.
  17. Gazan

Gazan Fapstronaut

Hi all. I relapsed again today. Started scrolling through Twitter pretending that I was looking for some crazy videos to entertain myself a bit but at the back of my mind I knew I was hoping to accidently come across some nudity. And I did, and ended up spending an hour watching and masturbating. My conscious brain just switched off. Shit!

18. Does fappling cause erectile dysfunction? Since I was a teenager I put have fapped hundreds of thousands of times, maybe more! And I do not have erectile dysfunction

Why is it terrible for male heath if you fap say once a week or once a fortnight? Why is fapping terrible for male health?

Do you not find that the build up of sexual energy needs an outlet? Do you have wet dreams instead of fapping? I just know that the energy eventually needs an outlet

artifact likes this.
  19. I agree that M led to to use P

I also agree that M can be addictive. What do you do with the sexual energy in order not to M? How do you achieve this? Do you have wet dreams instead of M and O? Just because the energy eventually needs an outlet and that is why some people M...but also others M because of addiction I totally get that