Volunteer Moderators?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sarah-Walker, Jan 28, 2024.

Moderator Application Available

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

Does anyone know if NoFap takes applications for volunteer moderating anymore? I tried searching everywhere but couldn’t find anything, and I wonder if they already have enough and just stick with them?

Semtex likes this.
  2. They recently added new moderators I think, like within the last 6 months or so.

3. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

I was asked to apply, so I applied. No response from those who reached out to me. I've replied to the initial message multiple times over the past 6-9 months and nothing...no acknowledgement or anything.

It's unfortunate as I take my recovery and this community very seriously. I'm on here every day and have the bandwidth to help. I truly believed the opportunity to volunteer would enhance my commitment to NoFap, and was thrilled to receive messages about helping. Never realized I would be completely ignored. It's a bit of a shame but I am still doing my thing on here everyday and growing my 100+ day streak.

4. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

That’s a shame, especially when they were always saying how they’re short staffed and needed volunteers. Hopefully you’re able to get on there!

I was discussing with my partner how if I was able to get in how it would be good for me, as it would require responsibility and give me something good to do alongside the other stuff I’m trying to do. I’m on here every day anyways, so it’s something I could definitely handle.

GeorgeJetson likes this.
  5. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Maybe you'll have better luck than me. I continue to reply every month or so to the initial message sent to me and I continue to get no response. I guess it's not in the cards for me right now.

Sarah-Walker likes this.
  6. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

That’s a shame though, and honestly not fair to you who was not only asked but also have spent so much time trying to get on it.

Like, I can’t see how simply replying or making a decision instead of ghosting you would take that long or much effort. :mad:

GeorgeJetson likes this.
  7. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Literally 1 minute to reply to me and tell me to kick rocks...that would even be better than being ghosted. Lol.

Sarah-Walker likes this.
  8. The Moderation Team will post a notice whenever they begin accepting applications for Moderator Assistants again.

9. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

Okay thanks, you may lock this if you wish, or if it’s easier I can delete it instead!

10. You can leave it up in case others are wondering, too.

Sarah-Walker likes this.
  11. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

Sure I’ll do that, cheers! :)

hope4healing likes this.