Is it normal for guys to like pink?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bingles, May 7, 2023.

1. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

I love pink but everyone I know says it's for girls only. Is this true? For my birthday I was wanting to get a pink baracuta harrington jacket.

2. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Don't worry about the pink vs blue thing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

In the Victorian period pink was considered a “ male” color. I don’t think color has a gender lol. Buy the pink jacket!

Meshuga likes this.
  4. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

They're Americans, they do things different.

Really? I thought that was just a myth. This is the jacket I want:
    [​IMG]

5. Diazepam

Diazepam Fapstronaut

6. Diazepam

Diazepam Fapstronaut

Is not for girls, anyway , you have to give a fuck about other people opinions. If you like it , use it.

If you like pink they will say you are gay,
    if you dont like pink they will say you are sexist

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT

Restored Rebooter likes this.
  7. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

I hate both Madrid teams.

The area I live in is very working-class conservative, you get dirty looks if you like "girly" things. I'm not sure of my sexuality yet but I don't think that should have an effect on what colours I can and can't like. I just want to be myself and not be judged.

8. In life you’re going to find people who think pink is only for women and then you’ll find people who will say pink is for everyone. I’m in the latter group; however, I still think there’s tasteful and tasteless displays of the color pink.

Anyway, you will always be judged. Some might think you’re a poof, while others might think you’re stylish. Some might think you’re a stylish poof. At the end of the day you can’t please everyone. Buy it and wear it with pride.

You could also correct people when they say it’s pink by claiming it’s salmon, rose, or hibiscus.

9. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

I like softer shades of pink since it compliments outfits and other colours better, and it's just a pleasant colour to look at. But harsher shades like hot pink are trashy and way too bright for me personally. I live in a working-class city so 90% of people wear trackies and a north face jacket. Not many people are well or smartly dressed unless they're middle-class tourists. Everyone is so stuck in the small-town gossip mindset. I just want to wear what I want. Colours shouldn't be restricted by gender.

10. Buy the jacket then and wear it. Who knows, maybe you’ll inspire other pink repressed men in your town to do the same.

11. CharleyBryan

CharleyBryan New Fapstronaut

Yes, it is perfectly normal for guys to like the color pink. Colors are not inherently gendered and can be enjoyed by anyone. The association of pink with femininity is a relatively recent cultural development and varies across different societies and historical periods. It is important to remember that gender expression and preferences are personal and individual, and there is no right or wrong way to express oneself in terms of color preference.

12. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Yes, I like pink pussy, for example. I think it's normal.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  13. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

That's disgusting and dirty.

onceaking, Meshuga and JustinX like this.
  14. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I think you should wear what you want. Personally, I am not a fan of pink but I do not make assumptions about guys that wear pink. My favourite colour is yellow - daffodil yellow for example. Do people think I a gay when I wear a yellow t-shirt? Maybe they do. But I don't care. I understand that in your teens it is difficult to be assertive, but I hope you will do it bro.

15. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

I like pink because it's vibrant and soft. Not a fan of the darker shades like hot pink but pastel, flamingo, etc are nice. But people are so stuck in the small-town mentality that any deviation from what's seen as "normal" is viewed as taboo. Homophobia is common and I don't want to deal with that crap.

16. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

Is that why a lot of mens shirts are pink?

17. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

You can thank feminism for ruining your favorite color.

Around the 1890’s, feminists decided boys were too violent and girls were too passive. Naturally they blamed socialization instead of biological traits. They noted red was the color of masculinity, of blood, of anger and aggression, and blue was the color of femininity, softness, and sadness. They weren’t exactly wrong. Color can affect mood, and we have used it in advertising, prisons, schools, any place we want to subliminally control the masses. Red can get people riled up, and blue can soothe them down. Naturally, since we can’t celebrate our differences, feminists convinced department stores to adopt their policy and push red, modified down to pink, to encourage girls to be a little more assertive, and blue for boys so they would stop being so… boy-like. Interestingly, it was well known what they were about and conservatives of the day pushed back, trying to get department stores to maintain red/pink for boys and traditional blue for girls. You could tell the social views of a store’s customer base by the colors in their baby department. By the 1920’s, when consumerism in the US really took off thanks to an absurdly bullish economy, the progressives had won that particular battle in the culture war.

None of that has anything to do with your current situation. Pink may have been acceptable for working class men in the US and Europe in 1900, but it’s 2023 and we’re operating under a different set of stereotypes. Buying and wearing the jacket has risks. It’s a bold decision. Since bold, risky behavior is more frequently associated with masculinity, ironically, wearing a pink jacket in your working class neighborhood might be the most masculine thing you could do. You’re still going to draw side eye and some will call you a poofter, if not to your face, then in their minds. Others might admire you. One thing is for sure; you will stand out and draw opinions. Not necessarily from everyone. The best people will mind their business and let you be. Most people are not the best, though.

If you like it and want to wear it anyway, do so. Just be aware of the probable consequences.

18. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

I knew in old films like Cinderella wore blue but didn't think it was once a feminine colour. Blue is nice but not as vibrant as pink, I like pink because it's pretty and soft. A less harsher version of red. The Harrington jacket is very much associated with the working class and mods and skinheads wear them a lot. Elvis Presley, James Dean, Steve McQueen. An extensive history. Just like with red, the pink makes it pop out from the environment. It's a comfy, stylish jacket and pink would work well with it.

[​IMG]
    Combo (right) in a red Harrington jacket.
    [​IMG]
    James Dean in a Harrington Jacket
    [​IMG]
    Danny Dyer in a Harrington jacket
    [​IMG]
    Elvis in a Harrington jacket

Meshuga likes this.