35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In. Day 106.

All is well.

artifact, flyswat, Alex_Al and 2 others like this.
  2. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Finding recovery a bit challenging at the moment but I am ok. No desire for PMO right now, my mindset is that its poison and I just cant go near it. I could be in some sort of flatline and that might change at some point. Still have my recovery as the most important thing in my life.

3. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Keep at it bro! you are doing great and mindset is good too. Same thought process helps me. P is not our need. But staying away from it is our need.

Martial and born3 like this.
  4. BlueOrange1

BlueOrange1 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

artifact and born3 like this.
  5. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In. Day 107.

Did workout today. Feeling good. No desire for PMO.

goingforit, artifact, flyswat and 2 others like this.
  6. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Going again, trying for 30 days this time!:)

7. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Back to the gym yesterday, grateful to say it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be after being sick for two weeks. In the past this kind of disruption would always lead to not resuming a positive activity. I know it it's important to break this cycle and am grateful I was able to do

I've heard that true recovery is 20% abstaining and 80% developing healthy habits and doing healthy activities, and that it's crucial to find the right habit that fills the right need. I used PMO to fill quite a few needs, like soothing myself when feeling stressed or anxious, filling time when I was bored, avoiding unpleasant situations that I knew I should be dealing with. The list goes on.

Setting the intention to explore this more deeply and try to list all the needs that PMO filled, then list healthy alternatives for meeting them. It will probably be a life long process.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  8. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Same thing here, I also worked out yesterday after almost 3 weeks break for various mental and physical reasons. I also tend to not resume positive activity after disruption and yes this is a cycle which we need to break. Also, it wasn't that hard to workout as I thought.

But, yeah for next 3-4 days, I will have to literally push myself to workout. Disruption is bad for us.

9. @cleaningupmyact and @BlueOrange1 - You have both been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group and good luck in your recovery efforts.

10. koalaone

koalaone Fapstronaut

Checking in, I’m still going okay.
    Staying busy with helping other people, also have a project that’s really interesting

artifact, goingforit, Martial and 4 others like this.
  11. Been really struggling of late with momental health and using PMO too much but it definitely doesn't help and lowers my self esteem so I'm going to try and keep away. One day at a time

12. Alex_Al

Alex_Al Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey guys... Almost 2 months clean from PMO. Although the last days i used my phone more than i should and p-subs make their presence. But i find the strength to leave them behind again and so...
    Tomorrow i ll embrace the 60th day of freedom.
    Keep going fellows!

13. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In. Day 109.

Did workout today, feeling good and energetic. But I struggle getting good sleep, slept only 5 hrs. So I feel like zombie but 100 times better than what I feel after PMO session.

goingforit, flyswat, Alex_Al and 3 others like this.
  14. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Things are going ok. The thing about recovery and not using anything to escape is dealing with myself, I am the real issue and I need a lot of work. I am at peace with that. Its not always easy though, but then again easy was never promised and I have done enough easy for one lifetime anyway. Always looking for the easy way out or acting out in some way or other. PMO is not/cant be an option, I have made that as a concrete decision. Yes I might fall on that but I don't intend to ( one day at a time) and I have no justifications/get out clause in my back pocket that I would usually have available the last 30+ years.

I have never had one relapse where I hadn't on some level started justifying things, you know, a little look, a little touch. 100% of the time there had always been metal activity around it paving of the way on some level. Even if it seemed to happen out of the blue I had been lusting in the mind or entertaining it in some way. So I need to remain present, inner eyes peeled.

15. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

Back on the streak again, pretty much over whatever sickness I had the last 2 weeks. Expecting a bit of a wave in the next few days, but quietly confident I can make it, and very excited to get back to having 30+ days under my belt again. :D

Alex_Al, goingforit and livinginhell like this.
  16. Reset for me. Finding it difficult to get a streak going.

I have not been using P, which is a good thing, it has all been M. However M leads to P sooner or later so I have to put a stop to it.

flyswat, artifact, Alex_Al and 3 others like this.
  17. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In. Day 110.

flyswat, born3 and goingforit like this.
  18. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

You can do it bro, good luck. Stay clean.

19. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Checking in. Find the best substitute for p and m is anything that nurtures yourself. Working out, cleaning up, shaving, skin care, going for a walk, relaxing and reading a book, stretching, meditating, watching a movie. Depending on the urge, I decide what to pick, if it's more of an immediate need, watching a movie or working out. If it's more maintenance, it's meditation or stretching.

Good luck today!

Bernard O., flyswat, artifact and 2 others like this.
  20. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In.
    Why everybody is silent here last couple of days?