30 Days Meditation Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by StoicContemplation, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

Day 56&57: Meditated

xXsinnerXx and Vedant4 like this.
  2. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

Day 55: meditated
    Day 56: meditated
    Day 57: meditated
    Day 58: meditated

No excuses!

Mauritius and Vedant4 like this.
  3. Vedant4

Vedant4 Fapstronaut

Day 27: Meditated

Mauritius likes this.
  4. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

Day 58: Meditated

5. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

Day 59: Meditated

6. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Fell off the wagon harddd. Looking forward to every day in February. Since breaking up yesterday with my gf, need all the challenges I can do.

Today Meditated. Didn’t like it, felt uncomfortable to be with my mind. Gotta get used to it again.

7. baba_yaga_

baba_yaga_ Fapstronaut

So how you guys meditate? I mean do you kick out all thoughts coming to the mind, or keep wandering from one thought to another, or keep focusing on a single thought?
    I tried meditating but the thoughts of the subjects I have been studying lately keep coming to the mind. I mean it's a good thing that my brain is working on them but I want to take control over ANY thought, be it useful or not. Can anyone tell me what's the right thing to do?

8. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I just try to concentrate on my breathing in and out. Some days it’s helpful others are not. Since recent uncomfortableness with it all, I am also curious as to those who’ve meditated for 30 days or more, what do they do?

Mauritius, Vedant4 and baba_yaga_ like this.
  9. Vedant4

Vedant4 Fapstronaut

Day 28-29-30

It's wonderful to have started meditating again and to have reached 30 days. Thanks to all for the support and sharing. Meditation now continues. :)

Mauritius likes this.
  10. Vedant4

Vedant4 Fapstronaut

Hello @ruso and @baba_yaga_ ,

I don't focus on thoughts, but focus my attention on the inhalation and exhalation, in a specific point of the nose, in order not to lose direction, this does not mean not noticing what happens, but not letting myself be carried away through speculation. This ancient technique is called Vipassana, which means "insight" and "see things in-depth, as they are" clear vision of what is happening, the mind is focused on breathing.

If you want to learn more I recommend the book Mindfulness in Plain English: 20th Anniversary Edition by Henepola Gunaratana.

baba_yaga_, Mauritius and ruso like this.
  11. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

Day 60: Meditated

I do not want to stop this practice, so I would like to continue for another 30 days, with an increased duration of 20 minutes. The last few days have been hectic, and I couldn't concentrate on meditation as much as I would have liked, so for the next 30 days, I will give my best.

I focus on the external sounds first, for a few minutes, then body scan if I feel like it, and then focus on the breath. After 60 days of meditation, my mind still wanders, and the amount/intensity varies from day to day. When that happens, I try to bring my attention back. I wouldn't say I can control my thoughts now, but it's much better than Day 1.

12. StoicContemplation

Day 59: meditated
    Day 60: meditated
    Day 61: meditated

Looks like I finished the challenge a second time but I think I'll quit meditating from now on. I find it a waste of time. You can use your time a lot more efficiently.

Just kidding. Meditating is awesome. Sign me up for another 30 days.

Concerning how I meditate: I understand meditation in the sense that I don't understand it. I just breath in and out, whilst trying to concentrate on my breath. I let the thoughts pass by and sometimes I achieve a level of mindfulness where my mind is empty.

If you want something more pragmatic: https://markmanson.net/meditation

baba_yaga_, Vedant4 and Mauritius like this.
  13. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

Day 61: Meditated

Lol

xXsinnerXx and Rosamund like this.
  14. ssmike100

ssmike100 Fapstronaut

I just started meditating. On day 3. Up to only 3 minutes. But doing it at least twice each day so far.

Mauritius, Vedant4 and Faceless Void like this.
  15. PhantomAssassin

PhantomAssassin Fapstronaut

Starting over. Day 1, streak 1

Rosamund, Mauritius and Vedant4 like this.
  16. Vedant4

Vedant4 Fapstronaut

Day 31-32 Meditated

Mauritius likes this.
  17. PhantomAssassin

18. StoicContemplation

Day 62-64: meditated

Meditated on the bus today (a long bus trip though, the private bus type). Was a bit hard because all of the stimuli around me (hearing the phones of other passengers, people talking, people walking on the pathway, etc.). On the other hand it was a good exercise to remain stoic and keep meditating and not to give in to the urge to look and break the meditation (e.g. "Maybe the ticket boy is coming").

19. PhantomAssassin

20. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

Mauritius likes this.