1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Numb Genitals. Please help

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by joeviv10, Jan 21, 2019.

1. joeviv10

joeviv10 Fapstronaut

After feeling normal my whole life (libido wise) I went on a crash diet in the summer of 2016 (aged 21) The diet of 1500 calories mostly vegetables , lots of black coffee etc. I went from a normal 170 lbs down to 139 lbs in 5 weeks. About 1 or 2 months into the diet , I got really lean, six pack etc. I was enjoying the look and was distracted with work to realize what was going on. I noticed 3-4 months in that my morning erections were absent as well as spontaneous ones.

One day 6 months into the diet, I sat on the toilet and tried masturbating out of curiousity, to my suprise I had FULL BLOWN ED, and the penis would not get even 20 percent erect after trying for 10 minutes, and it was at this time I realized my genitals were NUMB like RUBBER. 0 sensation etc...

I knew it was time to stop the diet, and 2 years after I have little to no improvement. These are my symptoms

-0 morning/spontaneous erections for 2+ years
    -no feeling in ejaculation, low semen volume and force (a little bit just oozes out)
    -I have a discomfort in right testicle/vas deferns
    -genitals are numb like rubber, complete lack of sensation
    -I can not get aroused
    -no sweat from arm pits and genitals.
    -strange body odor.
    -Cold penis tip
    -Stress incontinenc
    -Scrotum is always high and tight as if I just ran across Russia

Out of blood tests abnormal was

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE (DHT) 220 (300-850)
    E2 12 (11.5-45)
    TOTAL TESTOSTERONE 650 (250-950)
    DHEAS also elevated as well as Liver enzymes.
    _

2. arken3

arken3 Fapstronaut

I understand many of your symptoms. I personally have Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS) which is a fancy way of saying "there's pain/inflammation and/or nerve issues in my pelvis, and nobody knows why men sometimes have this." I lost spontaneous erections, been 4 years now. I often think I don't have morning/nocturnal erections, but in reality I discover them about once every other week at least, so I think I am simply unaware of them. You could have them while asleep, too.

My libido is near 0. Sensitivity is way down for me, too. I've seen tons of medical people over the past few years. Nobody cares about my T, and since I have a beard, put on a little muscle with a little effort, etc, I don't think that's a problem for me. I have no trouble with sweat, tight scrotum, etc. So those I can't attest to. Testosterone and sweat would seem to go together, maybe, but I'd try NoFap and cold showers and a really good diet/exercise plan before I tried to get Testosterone supplementation (expensive and hard to get approved too).

Aside from hormones, the only thing we may have in common is a physical issue. I had a very tight pelvic floor, which I had to correct with physical therapy and exercises/stretches. This tightness restricts bloodflow, numbs nerves, and causes long-term inflammation. Therapy helped, but I still have low sensitivity (not quite numb, but I do have sometimes a rubbery sensation too). The latest guess from therapists is that I should do kegels, every day, multiple sets per day, for about 6 months straight. I have not been consistent with it, but I can tell you it feels pretty good while I'm doing it. Maybe something for you to investigate is your pelvic muscles.

3. joeviv10

joeviv10 Fapstronaut

It feels 100 percent hormonal... I have a very strange body odor as well. Its as if the glands in my armpit and genitals are blocked? Yeast like smell.

I messaged Dr. John Crisler who is one of the top TRT doctors in the world. I told him i never took steroids/ and am not on TRT, wtf would cause my issues. He immediately responded to check my DHT (Dihydrotestoserone) I got it checked the next day and had to wait 2 weeks for the results as they were sent out to Germany. They came back low at 220 (300-850)

The symptoms I suffer from are similar to those of have Post Finasteride syndrome

4. Have you had a thorough check over by your doctor? If so, what did he/she say?

5. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

From my personal knowledge, reading about the diet and for so long specially makes me thinknit might be the lack of fat, and meat in general. Fat (coming from meat, eggs, cheese) is essential for the cholesterol (which is good, not bad!) Cholesterol is like the raw material to make testosterone, made on your testicles. That's why long-term vegans go infertile. That being said please do yourself serious checkups

arken3 likes this.
  6. arken3

arken3 Fapstronaut

I'm confused, this is a disease caused by a hair regrowth drug. Did you use one of those products?

I would say as Retentionman mentioned: check your diet. You're having a systemic problem which means there is systemic cause. Look at the big picture of your health, and improve large areas of it. Exercise/diet are cliche, but important. There's also psychological elements to everything, I've learned. Don't dismiss them, either.

When I was your age, I had some odd issues (unrelated) and convinced myself I had major problems, maybe a brain tumor. I saw a bunch of doctors and had MRIs, etc for some dizzy spells I had that were pretty scary. I was expecting a precise answer like a vitamin I needed, a Prescription to take, or a tumor that needed removed (silly how real I felt I had one), and turns out, I needed to get control of my brain. It was anxiety. I would get a thorough, regular doctor visit out of the way to start analyzing the big picture and can see more obvious problems that perhaps you can't.

7. joeviv10

joeviv10 Fapstronaut

no, I never took finasteride or any other drug steroid , and im not TRT.

I stopped the diet in December 2016, after 6 months. I have discomfort in my right testicle, groin area/vas deferens. This discomfort does not exist on my left. I had an ultrasound on my testicles all was clear.

Lumber MRI shows l1-l2 minor herniation, spina bifida l5-s1. Leg EMG confirms heavy loss of motor neurons in both feet. Shins feel wrapped in saran wrapped. Genitals are numb/rubber, as if a hormone is missing from them. Odd smell as well from the armpits, genital area, it does not smell masculine like before. No pre cum either. No morning or spontaneous wood in 2 years. Cold feeling in tip of penis, as well as high and tight scrotum. I have dry , tired eyes. I also developed a severe case of restless leg syndrome that went away after 6 months. At work I got out of breath picking up a chair, as if my vessels are constricted or something. The oxygen isn't going through my body like its supposed to.

I have had bouts of mild depression before but my libido always remained really high, and I never had genital numbness. Im completely lost as all this started during the diet, and it took me a while to realize what was going on. The doctor is sending me back from endocrinologist to urologist to neurologist to neurosurgeon and back in a circle 3 times.

Neurologist said back herniation is in the spot that innervates the genitals
    Urologist prescribed Saw Palmetto (anti androgen) which I didn't want to take.
    Endocrinologist said that my "carriers'' were low and to come back in a month with new bloods and I should get treatment (trt) , came back a month later and he recommended a sex therapist. Brain MRI came back clean. Also about a year and a half ago at work, while working I remember getting the bad oxygen feeling and I even noticed something come out of my nipples. It happened only like 2-3 times. When I gained the weight back it all went to my hips, moon face and buffalo hump. Prolactin was in the higher range of normal

Possible problems:

Normal Testosterone but low e2 , and low DHT.
    Minor herniation at l5-s1 , as well as leg emg confirming loss of motor neurons
    Prostatits or epididymitis?!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  8. joeviv10

joeviv10 Fapstronaut

anyone? It feels hormonal , but does someone think its a neurological issue?

9. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

Dude... you have the hormonal levels of an 80 year old man.
    No wonder you can not get it up. Your male hormone levels are by far too low.

"I went from a normal 170 lbs down to 139 lbs"

You probably have lost a lot of muscle mass which isn't helpful for a proper hormonal system.

"TOTAL TESTOSTERONE 650 (250-950)"

This is completely worthless.

In the human body not all hormones are bio-active. This means they don't interact with the body but are bound to other enyzmes and hormones.

That's why, in order to know if you don't have enough hormones you need to test for bio-active/free testosterone and SHBG. Bio-active testo is what makes your mate stand properly and helps with an overall healthy male physique. Going by your disaster-diet, you will of course have rock-bottom hormone levels.
    Eating enough fats is essential for having good hormonal levels. Because cholesterol --> testosterol --> testosterone.
    Cholesterine isn't bad. Fats aren't bad. Look at which alarming rate american males have turned into flabby emasculated manlets with their low-fat advocacy.

"Within cells, cholesterol is also a precursor molecule for several biochemical pathways. For example, it is the precursor molecule for the synthesis of vitamin D and all steroid hormones, including the adrenal gland hormones cortisol and aldosterone, as well as the sex hormones progesterone, estrogens, and testosterone, and their derivatives."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol

The english wiki entry is by the way, a biased joke. Other language-entries are way more objective.

"In circulation, 97.0 to 99.5% of testosterone is bound to plasma proteins, with 0.5 to 3.0% unbound.[2] It is tightly bound to SHBG and weakly to albumin.[2] Of circulating testosterone, 30 to 44% is bound to SHBG while 54 to 68% is bound to albumin.[2] Testosterone that is unbound is referred to as free testosterone and testosterone that is bound to albumin is referred to as bioavailable testosterone.[2] Unlike testosterone that is bound to SHBG, bioavailable testosterone is bound to plasma proteins weakly enough such that, similarly to free testosterone, it may be biologically active, at least to some extent.[2] When referenced collectively (i.e., free, bioavailable, and SHBG-bound), circulating testosterone is referred to as total testosterone.[2]"

Also, make sure to check your cortisol and stress-hormone levels as well as
    thyroid hormonal levels as they can cause major problems and be the cause for low testo.

Free T:

• 5.05 to 19.8 ng/dL for men 25 to 29
    • 4.86 to 19.0 ng/dL for ages 30 to 34
    • 4.65 to 18.1 ng/dL for ages 35 to 39
    • 4.46 to 17.1 ng/dL for ages 40 to 44
    • 4.28 to 16.4 ng/dL for ages 45 to 49
    • 4.06 to 15.6 ng/dL for ages 50 to 54
    • 3.87 to 14.7 ng/dL for ages 55 to 59
    • 3.67 to 13.0 ng/dL for ages 60 to 64
    • 3.47 to 13.0 ng/dL for ages 65 to 69
    • 3.28 to 12.2 ng/dL for ages 70 to 74
    Bioavailable T:

• 83 to 257 ng/dL for men 20 to 29
    • 72 to 235 ng/dL for men 30 to 39
    • 61 to 213 ng/dL for men 40 to 49
    • 50 to 190 ng/dL for men 50 to 59
    • 40 to 168 ng/dL for men 60 to 69
    No ranges have been determined for men age 70 and older. Clinically low total testosterone levels are recognized as less than 220 to 300 ng/dL.
    ---------------------------
    Normal test results show total testosterone levels of:
    • 280 to 1,100 ng/dL for men

• 15 to 70 ng/dL for women

850 ng/dL is not the maximum-safe amount. Even with your 650, you are barely in the middle of total T.

10. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I have some questions:

Why did you feel the need to go into that drastic diet?

Did you have a habit of sexually fantasizing to get yourself aroused?

Do you have hair loss?

I think in your case it was the diet and especially the coffee that caused this, coffee is a very powerful stimulant and it basically kept you in high stress for months. How many coffees did you have per day?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  11. Always be positive

Always be positive Fapstronaut

12. Hi, I believe I also have chronic pelvic pain syndrome, with tight muscles in my pelvis and abdomen that are unable to relax and constant pain. And have some ED and PE. I believe PMO addition may have caused it and may be preventing recovery. I used to PMO once a day. Now down to once per 3-10 days, but still addicted. Doing PMO makes the muscles down there more tense and more painful for days afterwards. I dream that if I can stop one day maybe after many months the pain and cramps will be cured, but I don't know. I recognize that stretching would probably be good, and do that sometimes (maybe a few times a week), but I also find it hard to make myself do that. I probably should do twice a day for 30 minutes or something. With stretching I wonder if it might temporarily make it worse (more irritated) but eventually make it better. Alcohol and full bladder also makes the pain worse. I have been suffering this for about 3 years.

archy0 likes this.
  13. arken3

arken3 Fapstronaut

Yes, full bladder, or even slightly full bladder seems to trigger sensitivity for me. Alcohol not required for that.

There's a lot to this topic, and I suggest you look at forums dedicated to CPPS. I think it's a lot of factors that cause it, and it takes a lot of factors to cure it. Yes, chronic PMO probably harms the muscles and they need stretched. You also may seek a physiotherapist as they can guide you and actually help loosen knots in your pelvic floor if you have that problem.

One easy thing to do yourself is kegels... I'm like you in that I haven't been able to make myself do them frequently for some reason. It's sort of an odd thing and hard to tell if you're doing it correctly or not, maybe that's why.

14. Thanks for your reply and advice - I have clicked "start a conversation" on your profile in case you might be interested to have further discussion (no worries if not). I got two books "Headache in the pelvis" (https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/...vis-by-david-wise-phd-and-rodney-anderson-md/) and "Heal pelvic pain" (http://www.healpelvicpain.com/about-book), the second one seems more possible to follow and has suggested stretches. But yes, I find it hard to be rigorous about doing them everyday.

arken3 likes this.
  15. arken3

arken3 Fapstronaut

Yes I had heard about those but hadn't really dived into them as I assumed the physiotherapy I had taught me all I needed to know. I should check them out, especially "Heal Pelvic Pain".