1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am having another horrible bout of insomnia. Pls help!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Feb 4, 2019.

1. I am having what appears to be another case of horrible insomnia in what seems like the first time in a while. I just can't seem to fall asleep no matter which method I do. It doesn't matter if it's paradoxical intention or slow breathing or whatever. My heart is beating so fast, it feels like it's going to burst out of my chest any time. My mind is racing so fast, I keep ruminating about me having to go to school with no sleep whatsoever.

Pls help me. If you are reading this, pls help me quickly! I don't want to go to school restless. It also doesn't help how mean my dad is since he cussed at me indirectly after waking him up out of desperation.

Anyways, peace out.

2. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

I had withdrawal induced insomnia a few times, there isn't really anything you can do about it, beside trying to relax. The more anxious you get about it, and the more you worry, the more tired you'll get. Relax, meditate, use the time for something useful. Remind yourself why you're doing this, sift through your life and your choices, think on how to better yourself. Self reflection is a good way to spend idle times, abd you'll fall asleep eventually :)

Nugget9 and Marskell like this.
  3. Marskell

Marskell Fapstronaut

Hey Captain Rex,

I get this problem too sometimes. Aside from all the good sleep hygiene rules, if I can't fall asleep, I watch one of these art restoration videos -

Sounds silly and random... But it's interesting enough that my brain is distracted from obsessing about my insomnia, and yet is paced slow enough that my body starts to relax.

Be kind to yourself.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  4. bobross

bobross Fapstronaut

Did I mention audiobooks? :D Or Vob Ross himself (the real one) :D That man has a magical aura of calm around him

5. I cant give any clear answer to this I have had isomina on and off since I was a kid overthinking ruminating could be a lot of things stress is huge part of it , your diet . I now think to myself that I am going to have some days were I sleep really well and sometimes I will be up overthinking things

6. Caio Nazario

Caio Nazario Fapstronaut

It must be exactly the same problem that I'm having, I can not sleep at night because my brain keeps thinking for that reason I go to school and sleep on the way back and forth from the van and still a little in class, The justification they told me was that my brain is working so hard and so fast and it is turning itself off, I sleep 1 hour, I stay awake 3 hours ... infinitely.
    I was advised to look for a neurologist and take an exam that measures how fast the brain works.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  7. Rebirth_2019

Rebirth_2019 Fapstronaut

Get some melatonin natural sleep aid. They sell melatonin at any vitamin or stores Ike vons CVS

8. Thankfully, I managed to fall asleep at around 2:30 to 3 AM last night. It was all thanks to the plushies I had on my bed. I was also breathing in from the base of my spine, focusing on my breathing, and listening to 432 Hz music as well.

I should do that same thing tonight and every other night for now on. Plus, that was just an occasional sleepless night so it's not that big of a deal for me anyways. I can easily survive a restless day by eating healthy and drinking lots of water throughout the day, minimizing naps, etc.

Marskell likes this.