For Music Lovers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DraKon, Sep 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DraKon

DraKon Fapstronaut

So, if you ask one of the most things that I love, certainly I would say Music. And that's the reason for creating this thread: I want to share and receive recommendations, can be any music genre and any language. I will start with two, both from my country, Brazil:

1. Angra - Temple of Shadows: this album it's out of this world. If you want to give a try, listen to "The Shadows Hunter" and "Late Redemption" - it has some Portuguese in the lyrics.

2. Geraldo Vandré - Para Não Dizer Que Não Falei das Flores. It's a classic, an anthem used against the totalitarian regime in the 60-80's here, still strong today.

Links for YouTube:

The Shadows Hunter -
    Late Redemption -
    Para Não Dizer Que Não Falei das Flores -

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Velu283, Torakak and Deleted Account like this.
  2. DraKon likes this.
  3. 2304

2304 Fapstronaut

"Angra - Temple of Shadows" is a really interesting music. I'm more of a classical music person, but I recommend you listen to Piedade Fernandes...

I don't even get a word she says, I just love listening to it.

4. DraKon

DraKon Fapstronaut

Yeah, she sings in Portuguese too, but is European Portuguese. Great song with some poetry in it.

5. 2304

2304 Fapstronaut

Yeah, I wish I knew some Spanish so that I could understand her.

6. Torakak

Torakak New Fapstronaut

Tool. Parabol and Parabola. Or some Devin Townsend. Music definitely does help me through so many things. I’m always open to new music. I’ll give those songs a listen.

7. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

Anyone into jazz?
    Give Gogo Penguin - A Humdrum Star a listen

Also, if you want to hear something you've never really heard before, try Sevish. He makes microtonal music, if you don't know what it is or if you want to know why his music sounds so weird, hit me up and I'll explain
    My favorite tune of his

8. MusicMakingMonk

MusicMakingMonk Fapstronaut

I messed up on the gogo Penguin link. Just youtube or spotify them, they're fucking great

9. Here's a few great folk/traditional songs.

A blues song

10. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Listen to A Perfect Circle's newest album, Eat the Elephant :emoji_thumbsup:

Torakak likes this.
  11. Torakak

Torakak New Fapstronaut

I have and I love it. Maynard just makes me happy. The Doomed is wonderful.

0111zerozero11 likes this.
  12. 0111zerozero11

Maynard has saved my a** in some hard times. An esoteric philosopher, he is. I always get excited when I cross another who appreciates his work!

Torakak likes this.
  13. DraKon

DraKon Fapstronaut

Sounds good. I'll check it out.

14. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

I love Tool and A Perfect Circle also! Pretty much everything Maynard does is awesome. And Slayer (love your avatar). I'm an SO not PA, but I've been digging Killswitch Engage's "Incarnate" lately. I've loved them since they first came out but that last album really resonated with me this year.

Torakak and 0111zerozero11 like this.
  15. 0111zerozero11

You won't regret it, I promise. His bands are based on Carl Jung's theory of unconsciousness; Tool is based on anima & A Perfect Circle, based on animus.
    The theory of unconscious archetypes is fascinating & the way Maynard portrays each type depending on the band, is nothing short of brilliant.
    Enjoy

16. 0111zerozero11

I haven't heard Incarnate... Will definitely give it a listen!
    I feel like Maynard wrote the latest APC album just for me; He knew I was headed towards an avalanche as the wife of a PA. I think I'll send him a Thank You for getting me through some s**t card ;)

17. Torakak

Torakak New Fapstronaut

I think anyone who gives it all like he does deserves tons of happiness. Those who create things that can make me feel everything. It’s almost emotionally exhausting, but in a wonderful way. I remember the first Tool song I heard was Sober live. My immediate reactions were: Wow, this is wonderful, and sadness due to the fact that I hadn’t discovered them recently. But music absolutely helps me through everything. There’d be no way I could function without it. I’m glad so many people on here can relate on that level. It’s universal.