How to overcome insecurity self doubt and build self confidence

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by theBornAgain, Dec 19, 2017.

1. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

I am a 26 year old male from India I have a degree in Engineering(2015) but I think I am not a good engineer I was a decent student with pretty decent IQ now I am Jobless, out of shape live with parents I do have a gf in a distance relationship who loves me a lot and good parents and I love them. I feel guilty of wasting my 20s I feel inadequate most of the time I do get busts of motivation and then it fades away. Currently I am preparing for Competitive exams to land a job I came close to success but failed. All my friends have got jobs The guilt and shame of being a 26 year old looser makes me fap I also got PIED thanks to that I cannot concentrate on studies. I am a procrastinator and have consistency issues I feel so helpless I try to be a optimist I give hope to my gf but sometimes I feel hopeless and delay what I need to do I feel like I am falling in a vicious spiral that is eating my life and I lost joy in many things and I feel everyone is moving ahead in life and I am stuck and I have only myself to blame. how can I help myself ?

pezzer likes this.
  2. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

There is no shame to not have a job at 26. You at least have a good diploma in a very respectable field.

What you need is a job, not remorse or introspection. Get a job, try as hard as you can to land an interview. It is good that you can see the mistakes in your past, but now is not a good moment to carry the extra burden of remorse. Just focus your energy into getting a job, you will have plenty of time to correct your behavior and repent afterwards.

pezzer and theBornAgain like this.
  3. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

Thank you Mike ! I am trying and I will try better until I succeed. Thanks for the reply mate I appreciate it .

4. ItalianMan

ItalianMan Fapstronaut

You will not find self confindence in a good job. You can find a very good job and earn a lot of money, but what happens if you lose your job? You will again fall into depression and self doubt. You have to understand that your weel-being does not depend on external factors, that's why you need to develop an inner happiness. All the external factors could disappear at any moment, but if your inner well-being is strong you can face reality no matter what happens.

However, you also need to understand that not having a job is not a big problem. Society tells you that at 26 you must have a job, be indipendent, have a girlfriend and so on. If you don't do these kind of things you will be labeled as a loser, but life is not the same for everyone. Don't think about these judgments and don't feel ashamed because they don't reflect the reality. Having a job is not moving ahead in life.

theBornAgain and Anonymous86 like this.
  5. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

How did you develop your inner happiness ?

6. Zen Mode

Zen Mode Temporarily Suspended

That is really sad to hear and I wish I could help. I would say focus on short term goals like improving self confidence and remove the self doubt. If you have the self belief then I believe anything is possible just remember to never quit trying and you will get that job soon.

theBornAgain likes this.
  7. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

Yes zen i will have faith and belief in myself no situation is greater than me and there are people living in far worse situations. I will get the job in 2018 i believe in it. Thank you for your reply.