1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to overcome insecurity self doubt and build self confidence

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by theBornAgain, Dec 19, 2017.

1. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

I am a 26 year old male from India I have a degree in Engineering(2015) but I think I am not a good engineer I was a decent student with pretty decent IQ now I am Jobless, out of shape live with parents I do have a gf in a distance relationship who loves me a lot and good parents and I love them. I feel guilty of wasting my 20s I feel inadequate most of the time I do get busts of motivation and then it fades away. Currently I am preparing for Competitive exams to land a job I came close to success but failed. All my friends have got jobs The guilt and shame of being a 26 year old looser makes me fap I also got PIED thanks to that I cannot concentrate on studies. I am a procrastinator and have consistency issues I feel so helpless I try to be a optimist I give hope to my gf but sometimes I feel hopeless and delay what I need to do I feel like I am falling in a vicious spiral that is eating my life and I lost joy in many things and I feel everyone is moving ahead in life and I am stuck and I have only myself to blame. how can I help myself ?

pezzer likes this.
  2. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

There is no shame to not have a job at 26. You at least have a good diploma in a very respectable field.

What you need is a job, not remorse or introspection. Get a job, try as hard as you can to land an interview. It is good that you can see the mistakes in your past, but now is not a good moment to carry the extra burden of remorse. Just focus your energy into getting a job, you will have plenty of time to correct your behavior and repent afterwards.

pezzer and theBornAgain like this.
  3. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

Thank you Mike ! I am trying and I will try better until I succeed. Thanks for the reply mate I appreciate it .

4. ItalianMan

ItalianMan Fapstronaut

You will not find self confindence in a good job. You can find a very good job and earn a lot of money, but what happens if you lose your job? You will again fall into depression and self doubt. You have to understand that your weel-being does not depend on external factors, that's why you need to develop an inner happiness. All the external factors could disappear at any moment, but if your inner well-being is strong you can face reality no matter what happens.

However, you also need to understand that not having a job is not a big problem. Society tells you that at 26 you must have a job, be indipendent, have a girlfriend and so on. If you don't do these kind of things you will be labeled as a loser, but life is not the same for everyone. Don't think about these judgments and don't feel ashamed because they don't reflect the reality. Having a job is not moving ahead in life.

theBornAgain and Anonymous86 like this.
  5. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

How did you develop your inner happiness ?

6. Zen Mode

Zen Mode Temporarily Suspended

That is really sad to hear and I wish I could help. I would say focus on short term goals like improving self confidence and remove the self doubt. If you have the self belief then I believe anything is possible just remember to never quit trying and you will get that job soon.

theBornAgain likes this.
  7. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

Yes zen i will have faith and belief in myself no situation is greater than me and there are people living in far worse situations. I will get the job in 2018 i believe in it. Thank you for your reply.