1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by stands to reason

Can an Accountability Partner = a [Comfortablity Carpenter]?

A question here, today, can a victorious, sincere Accountability Partner (AP,) one who has conquered PMO, can they ever be compared equal to someone still fighting with temptation and trapped in sins? Do you ever think to gain anything of benefit by seeking such help? Is your prospective AP still pretending to be consistently hurdling past their regrets, but still survives chained in deviant thoughts? Is this the one, your one potential partner that you are hoping rescues you? Is that the liability partner you wish for?

I don't think so!

We view the many conversations which ask, "Can someone help? I need or want an accountability partner." An [accountability partner] is a person who coaches another person in terms of helping the other person keep a commitment. A sponsor is one who assumes responsibility for some other person or thing. If we know what an accountability partner and a sponsor is, then...

What is a comfortability carpenter ?

[Stands To Reason] with the intention of sharing something not read as discussed yet. From sufferers who desire a winning accountability partner (AP) there is a definite need to rule out accountability partner sound alikes. The ones that have NO soundness in them. How can they expect us to desire them as a serviceable assistant? So, I made-up the term [comfortability carpenter] and placed it here to help you identify these types. To protect you, and strengthen you, and save you valuable time. Do not accept a Fapstronauts like this as an accountability partner. Receive words of encouragement, sure, only don't expect and wise words there way. These sufferers offer an attractive invitation of helping you beat your 'addiction' with sincerity, with personal attention and warm kindness in hopes suck you in and to latch on to it. Understand these messages are froward wicked AP wannabes.

Wannabe. 1 : a person who wants or aspires to be someone or something else or who tries to look or act like someone else. 2 : something (such as a company, city, or product) intended to rival another of its kind that has been successful especially : one for which hopes have failed or are likely to fail.

How can you tell who's who? If you think you have God, pray and ask for His help. Read their words, slowly. You can tell a truther from a liar. Who's been on NoFap® for several months or years, and still relapsing over and over? You will know them by their fruit. They will waste your time? Be kind to them. Learn as much as you can from them, for they are teaching what not to do. Just be smart enough to recognize this. Learn what not to do, and then turn them over to hunt someone else. Offer them kind words, but your hurting deep in PMO too, and need real answers. Real support. NoFap® while useful is not the only place to find proper solutions. Let them find someone else to work with. They want you to end your 'addiction' together. [
Stands To Reason] does not explain away sin as an addiction.

Understand this, once and for all: PMO in NOT an addiction, it is sexual sin. You cannot overcome PMO thinking that you will beat this as an addiction. You risk bringing yourself down by listening and accepting, "the plain-ole-good-luck thoughts, positive words, congrats, and the human strength willpower pep messages of the usually 'addicted.' " Staying in the addicted mindset is their safe place. Please don't make it yours. If you think you are addicted, figure out you are brainwashed, and it only makes excuses easier when you have an 'addiction culprit pill' to swallow. You can just blame your relapse on the addiction. 'Oh, I'm trying but I'm an addict, give me a break I'm sick?" "I'll do better next time. No one can stop me now! I can beat this!" It has worked yet, and how long has this been going on? No! that should never be an excuse, ever again, from this day forward. Your learning a truth, together with Stands To Reason. Stand firm on this schooling experience. End all PMO struggles. You can do this with God. You cannot do this on your own. Believe it. It's truth! Acceptance to repentance, the path that will save your life. [Stands To Reason,] a Christian. By the power of Jesus Christ, I am an :emoji_lion_face:vercomer of sexual sin. Praise God!

The
carpenter AP does this skillfully, like a professional carpenter craftsman. I describe them as [comfortability carpenters] for this reason. Their magnificent in coercing someone weaker, to follow them. This is another stronghold keeping unregenerate Fapstronauts towards defeat. [Comfortable carpenters] construct a secure place in their mind where they resort to when they fail and relapse. They can stay hidden in their mind, in their sin, until it no longer makes them feel any remorse or shame. If they stay in this stronghold they will eventually want to share there inability to leave. That's when they will offer their help to you. God sees them as He sees all of us. None of us can run from God. That's part of the reason why we all need to run to Him.

So, these comfortable's, these are there set boundaries and will not let anyone across to make them face and call out their sin. Without God's forgiveness, they are aware they will have to pay a their penalty. Imagine, in lieu of their hard blind hearts, they still agree to become an accountability partner to someone else. But even if you at NoFap® are this way, even if you are the one asking for an AP, even if you could stop PMO (long-term) on your own, remember, the sick cannot help the sick recover. Disagree, okay? Willpower is a strong wile of the enemy. And, since we are discussing only sexual sin at NoFap®, say, you appear to end PMO for many months, or years but with willpower alone, other unrepentant sins in one's life will still send the sinner to hell. Be warned now, while you still have time to change your mind. Sin is wrong, friends. But what I view here as equally bad, is when sinners want out, they allow the wrong voice to guide them, by going to other unregenerate sinners. Especially when they relapse and then justify it by sharing guilt with partner. "We can beat this together!" How can the sick help the sick? You think it is a safe harmless place for you, this stronghold created in your mind; darkness still in your thoughts. It's a dangerous life -threatening place to remain. Life-threatening because all sin leads to death.

What these [comfortable carpenters] will show, in time, is that they want to remain uncountable while putting on a pretense at your expense. They can protect their personality and rationale their psyche this way. Relapsing after relapse with no will end in sight. They can justify their relapsing, edging, and willpower, whatever. They can hide in unwillingness to become vulnerable, and come out from their errors. They refuse to do what the Bible teaches. For them, they would rather stay in the darkness of torment than to face their fear of light and walk the way God says to walk. We are to walk in His light, the light of His Spirit. So, with no place to turn [comfortable carpenters] come to NoFap® and set up a membership account. Being friendly, and wearing words of sincerity, they post for help.
They'll list goals, like no PMO, but subconsciously they aren't ready to go forward with such a difficult endeavor. Because of this, and using willpower alone, they limit themselves and remain cycling in circles. They aim to attract and partner up with others. But they can't, really, because they have not brought their thought life into subjection. Dark thoughts still hold them too, resulting every time in a relapse. Whereto, they construct the place described as a way to endure there own pain. A strong, familiar, seemingly safe, and a relaxing place. A dark place of concealment that will drag them down. But hopefully after reading this, no you too, as their blind partner?

If you honestly want to be free of sexual sin, you must go to God. You must confess your sins. And then turn from them. With God you can do this, for good, and stay out of hell, too. Because you have allowed darkness in by improper thoughts, you, like every NoFap® sufferer, who hasn't repented from their sins, will not recognize the danger you are in, dealing with the dark thoughts that are keeping you chained. Your hidden sins are invisible, so, only you and your Creator know what you're doing. So if you are allowing this seductive, harmlessly seeming place, in your mind, and go there when stress is too great. You are in a demonic fortress which the Bible calls a stronghold. Meditate on what Scripture says about strongholds. Get them strongholds (curses) out of your life. We all have opportunity to change a deadly location or destination into an path that leads to an eternity in heaven. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; But you, dear member, are now aware. Stay away from seeking a [comfortably carpenter] as a guide. Stay away from selfish invitations of such support. When you need and want an accountability partner, it is recommended, you seek and find a true Christian. One who has put their sin behind them. One who has compassion to help direct you in the course of positive results direction, who knows God's commands and is successful in overcoming Hard Mode. We are here to help one another stop PMO. Then lets do it. As of April 13, 2019, I am on Day 73 Hard Mode. The Bible says I will not be tempted to sin, because in prayer, in daily meditation on His commandments, I am walking in His Spirit and I trusting in unwavering faith He will not let me fail. See the difference between this promise from God and your using willpower in your own strength?

Let us help ourselves first. Then when you have overcome sexual sin you can guide another to God's commands and let them work out their own salvation. We are here to help one another. Let us help ourselves by first being honest.

Wishing you find peace. In deed and truth,

:emoji_lion_face: