1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by renarin

I have seen many posts expressing the discouragement of fighting the same thing for years, and facing the guilt and the lie that we should already have overcome and be done with this battle. Remember Satan is the accuser of the brethren, and there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Not adjacent quotes). From Philippians 3: “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Sean Edie more_vert
Sean Edie
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
Hebrews 12:1
Henryforward more_vert
Henryforward
Great verse @Sean Edie I like to think of this when tempted with sins and remember that there are angels and also demons watching. It helps to remember that the saints and angels war on our behalves. And we have a great high priest Jesus interceding to God on our half. All our guilt has been paid for by his precious blood.
Ready_to_Stop and Sean Edie like this.
Henryforward more_vert
Henryforward
If we can just remember that. Revelations 12:11 and they overcome Satan by the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony. Next time Satan is tempting or accusing you. Tell him what the blood has done and does for you. He will flee quickly if You will just resist him.
renarin more_vert
renarin
Failure isn’t when we can’t get past a particular sin or struggle. Failure is when we stop fighting and give up. I have a photo I wanted to share, but can’t figure out how to upload it. It’s a quote from John Chrysostom: “Let no one mourn that he has fallen again and again; for forgiveness has risen from the grave.”
Neil4jesus more_vert
Neil4jesus
I often give in because it seems like the fight ends up consuming my life more than the actual act. If I just release the need my mind feels guilty for a little while and then I just let it go and get on with other things. I feel like if the devil is able to keep us in constant battle he wins too. So how do we not let the fight consume us? From my understanding we should be able to learn how to sublimate the need into other things, but I have not learned how to do this effectively. Any suggestions?
Ready_to_Stop likes this.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
The key is to not fight. Let Jesus fight for you. Seek Him and do what he calls us to. Preach the gospel, help the helpless, love God and study the Word.
Ready_to_Stop likes this.