Post published by St3v0

Something interesting I listened to this morning. All the kings of Israel were cast aside by YHWH because they went after other gods (idolatry) except for David. Even though David's sin was punishable by death under the Torah YHWH forgave him because David's heart never went after false gods but only served the One True God YHWH Elohim.

Have a great day everyone and stay true to the faith!!
victormanuel likes this.
Bob385 more_vert
Bob385
Great observation. Here are some scriptures written by David showing his attitude toward God:
St3v0 and victormanuel like this.
Bob385 more_vert
Bob385
HUMBLE – Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing... Psalm 62:9

REVERENT – I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:3

RESPECTFUL – Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. Psalm 31:9

TRUSTING – The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

LOVING – I love you, O Lord, my strength. Psalm 18:1
St3v0 and victormanuel like this.
Bob385 more_vert
Bob385
DEVOTED – You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. Psalm 4:7

RECOGNITION – I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. Psalm 9:1

FAITHFUL – Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:6

OBEDIENT – Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Psalm 119:34

REPENTANT – For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. Psalm 25:11
St3v0 likes this.