1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by ꋫꑛꋫꁒ___ ꁒꐇꁒꐇꀗꌚꑛꐇ___

There's been a question pondering on my mind for some time now;

HOW DO YOU CONVEY YOUR SELF WORTH?

Through digital media?
In person? To individuals? To groups? In real world? Friends? Family? Associates/people you study/work with?
What are the attributes that help you convey your self worth?

I think this type of validation is natural and there is little wrong with it, in and of itself. What's important is how you convey it.
What are your opinions on this matter people?
TheIndianVegeta likes this.
delhiboy more_vert
delhiboy
for students it should be high scores and active sports and extracurricular activities.
delhiboy more_vert
delhiboy
for businessman it is success monetary, for a sports man it is achievement in his sports, politician - winning in election
and most important of all powerful friends and company + a supportive and high status family will convey your worth. every father of daughter would like to marry his daughter with such a man.
TheIndianVegeta more_vert
TheIndianVegeta
In my point of view self worth is a kind of western idea to our society. In a whole what we all want is an external validation ? External validation which mean we want some one to tell use that we are good even if we are not. This whole things set the locus of our consciousness out wards which should be inwards whole time.
Deleted Account likes this.
TheIndianVegeta
One more thing worth to add is if you are seeking it on Digital Media Such as facebook or some Whatsapp Group. Than its wrong.
Sadly what these platform induced a behavior in people which somehow
condition them to convince people to revere them as some sort of celebrity.
Question arises Who dont want to be famous?
Deleted Account likes this.
TheIndianVegeta
Honestly i would like to be famous welcomed cheered any where .
But more problematic scenario is Lot of these praises are fake in nature , just like lot of the wishes in social media on your birthday. You need to sit back and think i am sharing something so private and close to me to people whom i dont know whether they exist or not.
Seeking validation is ok but it should come in physical world not in cyber space.
TheIndianVegeta
So putting out a picture with filter camera and photoshop or sharing how cool your life is even if it isn't. Now that is wrong with today s' generation and literary sites like Facebook Insta are damaging Asian society more than the west. They are pouring money out of psychology of people to be praised seen etc and thus inventing new kind of psychological problems which have far reaching effects. Because believe it or not internet is addictive and they Knew it. More over exposing your personal life on social media for likes and comments which have no monetized or emotional value is Foolishness.
ꋫꑛꋫꁒ___ ꁒꐇꁒꐇꀗꌚꑛꐇ___ more_vert
ꋫꑛꋫꁒ___ ꁒꐇꁒꐇꀗꌚꑛꐇ___
FB is redundant at this point in time i agree to seek out social validation. But for artists and creators to promote their work and seek out potential clients for collaborations and gigs, it is still an indispensable tool. As far as validation is concerned; i think a healthy balance of internal and external validation is necessary for self evaluation. If you cannot show your progress at work or make an effort to bond with peers and family, i don't see anything wrong in seeking such validation.
ꋫꑛꋫꁒ___ ꁒꐇꁒꐇꀗꌚꑛꐇ___ more_vert
ꋫꑛꋫꁒ___ ꁒꐇꁒꐇꀗꌚꑛꐇ___
We are social beings, key word being social. Personally it comes down to where and how we seek validation. Like it or not we need it for personal growth and maintaining sanity.