1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by emanuel_free

Checking in. Day 13.
I had read some time ago on our daily bread i think, that when we are in trouble, we should call 911, that's Psalm 91.1 ;) when God answers we should respond with verse 2 :) Of course it's not a recipe, nor empty words repeated from an empty heart. Memorising passages like this one help us on our darkest hours.

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the LORD,
“My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Hope it helps !
EquitableMove more_vert
EquitableMove
Nice, never heard that. Thanks
emanuel_free likes this.
Hopingforfreedom more_vert
Hopingforfreedom
Where it is written in the Book of Genesis, "Let us make man in our image and likeness (בְּצַלְמֵנוּ כִּדְמוּתֵנוּ), we note that the word "image" (i.e., tzelem: צֶלֶם) comes from the word tzel (צֵל), meaning "shadow," thus suggesting that man was originally created to cleave to God as closely as a shadow follows its Substance. Same word used in "will abide in the shadow of the Almighty."
Hopingforfreedom
"The LORD is your guard; the LORD is your protecting shade (again tzel) at your right hand" (Psalm 121:5), note that God's Presence here is likened to the shadow (צֵל) cast by someone who walks closely beside you, holding your hand (Psalm 23:4), ye tho I walk thru the shadow of death... Your CLUB and STAFF, they comfort me. The CLUB was used to fight off wolves, the staff used to help walk.
emanuel_free and Deleted Account like this.
Hopingforfreedom
So why is the Lord our God our refuge and fortress??? Because He is Omnipresent, helping us using His club to fight off the enemy, and helping to use His staff to keep us walking!! "If we ABIDE in Him". He is not Omnipresent to watch us and judge, He is by your side so you can CHOOSE HIM and seek His shelter!!!!! Yes, our response?, CHOOSE HIM instead of that sin... Excellent Verse emanuel free
emanuel_free and Tao Jones like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Solid stuff, @Hopingforfreedom . The OP was great and you have made it even better. Thanks to you both!
emanuel_free likes this.
emanuel_free more_vert
emanuel_free
wow! Thanks to you @Hopingforfreedom for your insights on this verse ! :)