Post published by Maanamana

Hi everyone!
I have a problem, cause I've meditating for month, but my neck hurts after 7-8 minutes of meditation. Even if I'm lying on a ground it hurts. So I'm wondering if there is any position that will help me.
Tincho more_vert
Tincho
Have you try to stretch your neck before meditating?
The man who was Thursday more_vert
The man who was Thursday
Is it really bad pain? Do you have a medical condition? If it's not, then some degree of pain is normal in meditation (although the most common is leg or knee pain), and you can try to just be patient with it, see if it goes away after a while.
Maanamana more_vert
Maanamana
No, I haven't stretch. Maybe the reason is cold shower before meditation.
Maanamana more_vert
Maanamana
Yeah, sometimes I'm able to let go this pain but often I'm not.
The man who was Thursday
is it very intense pain that doesn't go away? have you seen a doctor about this?
Maanamana more_vert
Maanamana
I will go to doctor tomorrow. No, it's not intense pain but very distractive.
Can_do_this_will_do_this more_vert
Can_do_this_will_do_this
I think meditation must not be the reason. Meditation is the most excellent thing in my life, for me it is the art of thinking nothing...,so you can perform it anywhere, anytime, anyway...... You can meditate anyway you want it's the exercise of mind, not the physical body but the internal one.... Buddha and Geeta too prefer Meditation... I had already made a thread on Nofap about meditation, you can check it out.... Have a good life....
stoneyman22 and Maanamana like this.
The man who was Thursday
well, good luck on that. As I said, pain is normal thing in meditation, so you can use it to train your mind (I know, easier said than done), but just try to focus on it and "let it be" instead of reacting to it.
Maanamana likes this.