1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by cabbagE_

I had a very poor experience a couple years ago that I told of on this website about visiting my bishop. He just sort of left me, and that really made me depressed and overall left me worse than before I went to him. That bishop left, and I have another bishop now that seems a lot better. I'm wondering if you guys think I should give it another shot. If I should, what should I say to him this time so that he won't meet with me for 4 weeks then just forget about me?
thelucky1 more_vert
thelucky1
Hey, I'm happy for you that you're still going at it, since that's what it takes.
cabbagE_ likes this.
hope4travis more_vert
hope4travis
I think you should talk to him. Be frank with him about the past; use it as a way to let him know how you hope counseling with him can help you. And then let go of that past and look forward.
cabbagE_ and Tannhauser like this.
thelucky1 more_vert
thelucky1
I wrote a message for you then the stupid website deleted it because it was too long. The tl;dr is that the bishop is a busy guy and doesn't have a lot of time for you. If you want to guarantee progress, you must be the one who leads and follows up with any appointments. I think it's just sort of a given he's going to forgot about you at some point because for most people stopping PMO isn't something you suddenly just "do". My bishop "gave up" on me, but that doesn't mean he stop caring. I know this sounds harsh, but you'll be better for it. Good luck
hope4travis and cabbagE_ like this.