1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Chrolik

Ever since March, I've really been trying to come back to church. I have been inactive for several years, and my addiction has made me want to get away from it, and move towards Christ. I'm not perfect. I now know how important Sunday is. I need the sacrament to be able to renew my covenants , and have the need for self improvement. The hard thing is, my wife doesn't seem to be interested in going back to church. She doesn't want to wake up Every Sunday morning with me, and doesn't want to fast, and doesn't want to keep certain covenants, and doesn't want to pay tithing, or be modest. It's really discouraging for me. I'm really trying to get us to the temple in January, but it feels like I'm the only one whose trying.
Don Gately likes this.
Wil Jones more_vert
Wil Jones
Dear Elder Jones you are hereby called to serve a mission and you have been assigned to Seattle Washington!!!
hope4travis likes this.
Tannhauser more_vert
Tannhauser
Hey @Chrolik that is tough. All I can suggest is to lead by example. Talk about what you heard in Church, don't ever talk bad about her to members, and tell her that she can come later if she wants just for an hour or so. Just to everything you can and stay positive. And if it comes to it, get yourself ready to go back to the temple and go there frequently.

Also, I don't know if every temple does it, but many of them will let you call in and place a name on the prayer roll. Perhaps it would be a good idea to do that at your temple for your wife and for yourself.
Dante's Shadow more_vert
Dante's Shadow
@Chrolik don't give up. You've gotta take care of your life and she's gotta take care of hers. It is easier when you can work together, and that's why we are here. But just because she's not to the point you wish she would be doesn't mean she never will. And turning to Christ is always going to help. Hang in there, bro.
Tannhauser likes this.
Don Gately more_vert
Don Gately
Just do what you can. You'll be surprised how big of a difference it makes if you do the right things, even if you do them alone.