Post published by sfmark12

Question for everyone:
What tools are you using to help you learn a language?
For me I only use Duolingo at this point. I want to know more so I can advance my learning, this flatline I am in is slowly dying and I'm gonna need more tools to keep me busy. I am learning Spanish, once I feel like I mastered it I am gonna choose another one. All help is appreciated it!
oklock more_vert
oklock
Hi! I am a Spanish speaker and I am currently learning to speak English, so I will use my experience into learning the latter as way to illustrate what other resources you can use to improve your Spanish.
sfmark12 likes this.
oklock more_vert
oklock
Try to immerse yourself into the language, that is try to read, listen, write and speak in Spanish You can do this either by living in a Spanish speaking country or by consuming as much material in Spanish as possible and by speaking with a native speaker
sfmark12 likes this.
oklock more_vert
oklock
Also you can enhance your vocabulary by reading. Start with comics and then progress to more challenging material, do not worry about the pronunciation. As opposed to English, spelling and pronunciation is always consistent in Spanish.
sfmark12 likes this.
sfmark12 more_vert
sfmark12
Sorry for writing this late but I appreciate the advice a lot. I am gonna try to apply it. Time is just not on my side lately hahaha.
GypsyPrince more_vert
GypsyPrince
I find it helps to listen to music or finding a show in the language you are learning and stream an episode at a time. Do not move on until you thoroughly understand what they re saying.
Somewhere else more_vert
Somewhere else
Try diferentes sources, you tube is always a good place to look, there are all sorts of tutorials on there
Clauss24 more_vert
Clauss24
If you want to use an app, I recommend using memrise. I used it to learn French. Ups: differrnt methods of teaching which are really cool