Read or heard a book, comics challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Revanthegrey, Jun 9, 2022.

Do you want to keep the audiobook section?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Hi

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

I will put the ranks on the principal page .
    @Smirre congrats for reach Advance I

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    Smirre and ConstantineReboot like this.

2. Had been travelling a lot and was occupied in multiple engagements. Gonna resume the endeavour from today.

Updated some of the books in the list above.

P.S. : There were some others books as well that I started reading but gonna update them later as and when the ones mentioned above are completed.

Smirre and Revanthegrey like this.
  3. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

4. Thanks a lot, mate. :) And again, many thanks for this thread where one can track their progress. :D

Smirre and Revanthegrey like this.
  5. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Let's gooo :emoji_raised_hands::emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend::emoji_books:

ConstantineReboot likes this.
  6. 4mins59secs

4mins59secs Fapstronaut

Joining in.
    I want to read some books on learning Mandarin and this will keep me busy away from fapping.
    I also like the accountability of this book reading group.
    None of my books are likely to be thick but we all have to start somewhere.
    Beginner.
    Books read 0

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  7. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Welcome to the brotherhood of books! :emoji_bar_chart::emoji_scroll::emoji_books:

8. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Book: 667
    Actual page: 217
    Minimun of pages per day :20

9. Person_Need_To_Change

Person_Need_To_Change Fapstronaut

I love reading but I've never completed a book, I've been wishing for my whole life that I be a reader someday, someone whose brain is filled with information/knowledge.

For me, I will start with a book called (1984) man this book is a monster, I read a couple of pages from . and for knowledge I'm an Arab so I read with arabic language . If I completed a good fair amount of the book I can make a summary for it and say whether it deserves reading and buying or not. :) I'd like to join :--)

10. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Welcome to the challenge:emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend::emoji_book::emoji_bulb:
    "There is just progress when someone spend his time on books"

11. Person_Need_To_Change

@Revanthegrey bro, I haven't read since then which makes me ask about how I get motivated to read book. I know the fact that reading gets motivation but I want to start. A little brief about me I'm a student and my time is limited and I'm very busy, sure I have some free time. How I force myself to start... like is there a method that you use that stimulates you to read.(asking as a beginner)

12. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Yes , it is normal that part, this is what i did to get motivate:
    -Choose a book acording to the topics you like:
    Examples:
    -Horror, action, Sci-fi , fantasy , high fantasy,mystery there a lot of them.
    -Avoid books which stories you already know by movies(because there is no surprise).
    -You can try read one before sleep.
    -Start with reading one page (it will took you just minutes,) , if you want to continue go ahead.
    -Don't effort to use the imagination(if you want to do it no problem too), just understand what the characters and the description are saying(interpretation).
    -Avoid start with long books , start with short ones to finish fast.(The feeling of end one is cool).

Another recomendations:
    -Before buy a book , listen the review without spoilers on youtube or google (to avoid negative surprises).
    -There are books of the years 1935 so careful, because the language can be different, it is better books close to our generation.
    -Avoid buy a classic book, at least for the moment( the language can be complicate and the way to tell is sometimes wt* ).
    -Avoid books like poetry for the moment.

That's it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  13. Person_Need_To_Change

@Revanthegrey Man I'm glad I found such a kind helpful friend like you. those advices are amazingly helpful, but I wonder why shouldn't I effort in imagination.. and for me I have no problem about starting with a long book as long as I'm interested in it. thanks again for the respond :)

14. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

You're welcome!,oh well that part it is just an opinion:emoji_grin: , it happens to me when i read one for example:

*the palace explode and many worms appears on the walls to helps Atreides to rescue his sister and kill the enemy of his father as revenge*
    Then i imagine that scenerio and get a reflexion of what happens.
    [​IMG]

Then i return to read.
    On that process instead of reading 10 pages on 15 minutes i just read 6 pages.
    Because i go with the details with using the imagination on the mind.

Of course if you love the book , you can taste it on that way.

You just give me a reflexion right now haha.
    Maybe should i enjoy more the books and reading with more imagination and worry less about how many pages i read.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  15. Person_Need_To_Change

I read 5 pages from my book and it felt amazing and interesting. I want to share with you why I chose this book (1984). As I'm from Egypt so Sadly I have to say that my country is going through an era from the worst eras that it has lived in it's entire life (Poverty/Injustice/Inequality/System-Corruptions..) and the most hurtful one that there isn't any kind of freedom which makes you fear to express your feelings/ideas/opinions about your country or your rulers. You feel like you're being watched 24/7. which Exactly what the book is about. I feel like every detail in the protagonist's (Winston Smith) life I had saw. The book talks about London in an unfortunate period of time that wasn't there any freedom and the citizens were being watched and observed all the time so much so that every house had a monitoring device that record people video and audio... there is so much details and a lot to say but I think this is enough for today. wish me luck with the new habit.:emoji_book: Bye.

16. Debapriya

Debapriya Fapstronaut

I am in
    Book- 1
    The Animal Farmby George Orwell

17. Person_Need_To_Change

18. Person_Need_To_Change

@Revanthegrey is there a problem with reading 2 different books or more to prevent getting bored. or it can make me distracted?

19. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Well i never tried to read two books honestly so i don't know the results but yeah there are some boring acts on the stories.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  20. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Welcome to the challenge :emoji_nerd::emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend::emoji_bulb: