1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

40% of Americans are one paycheck away from poverty

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 29, 2019.

1. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

quick google definition: The definition is opportunity. The American Dream is having the opportunity to come from nothing and being able to get everything. In a lot of countries you're stuck in the place you're born but in america you can be a poor boy from the ghettos of chicago and become president.

Alpha Romeo and diesel2256 like this.
  2. I thought it would be worse. I'm a little better off I'm only one direct deposit away...

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. Ok, so maybe we can acknowledge that there is a possibility for someone to make it big in America. We also have to acknowledge that the vast majority of Americans will not make it big and countless people are in poverty or are on the razor’s edge.

4. So, the question is this: How do we maintain this “dream” where someone might be able to make it big but also find a way to help the masses of Americans who are in dire straits?

5. diesel2256

diesel2256 Fapstronaut

Go back to the America where a dude with a highschool education could support a family of five, own a house, a new truck, and buy a boat? As in, Make America Great Again? Yeah, we need the same policies that created that utopia. The same people who made that possible. If you're actually interested in creating such a society, look at why those people were able to accomplish that and why it all fell apart. The answers are actually very simple, but they will cause so much cognitive dissidence for you I don't think you could handle it.

6. Yea, something like that.

Lay it on me.