Relationship issues during Reboot

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Bia20, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Bia20

Bia20 New Fapstronaut

Hello I'm new here so I don't know how to use it right. Well I'm exactly 7 days without p. My goal is to reach 30 days and I'm fighting for it. I made a definite decision to get out of it, because I was acting very badly with the people I love. Especially with my mother and my boyfriend. At the beginning of the relationship I told him about the addiction, he already had it too but he had recovered, it was not something that bothered him in the relationship. Addiction and other issues had been making me act bad with him for a long time. He tried to help me get better, but I didn't accept his help, I was at rock bottom with no expectations for the future in relation to everything, he wanted to move on to another phase, that is, he wanted to marry me. But I didn't feel ready, and I wanted to change first before taking that step so I kept stalling him when he got into it. I don't want to be a mother, I never have. He had accepted that early on, of having a childless marriage. But it seems not now. Well the point is that I realized how much harm I was doing to my life and his life. But my willingness to want to change was too late because our relationship is hanging by a thread. And I believe that maybe it won't work anymore, because he doesn't believe in my change, and he can't forgive me and every time we're together he keeps brooding over the mistakes of the past that I made. We are practically always fighting because he is always complaining about my attitudes, and I am changing them. I know change doesn't come overnight but I'm trying but it seems to me that it's not enough for him. Just yesterday he said horrible things to me and after that he tried to do something sexual with me. It really doesn't understand. Have you guys been through this?

+TenPercent likes this.
  2. Congrats on a full week without P. This is where it all begins.

i imagine this is a very difficult time for both of you. His recovery can be helpful … or it might make it harder for him to understand your recovery.

Do you have any help? A therapist or a recovery group? An Accountability Partner?

Newwaters22 likes this.
  3. Bia20

Bia20 New Fapstronaut

It was great to have spent this whole week without it, it was liberating. Entering the Nofap forum every day has been really good, it motivates me not to see it again. Yes it's been very difficult, lately we basically just fight. It's been difficult for him to accept my recovery. He hasn't even spoken to me anymore. No, I'm alone on this journey.

+TenPercent likes this.
  4. It’s a personal journey.
    And a great victory.
    Hopefully your relationship will improve. What I know for sure is that your ability to have a relationship will improve as you refrain from this solitary and isolating activity.

Stay strong!!

5. Bia20

Bia20 New Fapstronaut

thank you for strength. And yes, it's true, the further I stay from that, my relationship will get better because that's what was making me treat him badly. I'm not going to give up, even if I don't do it I'm going to continue and one day I'll be able to get rid of this addiction, I believe that everyone here will get it.

+TenPercent likes this.
  6. Tafi

Tafi Fapstronaut

They commonly link evilness and bad with the devil, I would link it with women who breaks their loved-ones heart and treat them bad, although they treat them so good. I feel so much empathy towards that poor man who is stuck in an unhealthy relationship.