1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do so many girls like astrology?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by HealingBodyandMind, Feb 3, 2024.

1. mateorosi

mateorosi New Fapstronaut

I'm a girl and I don't believe in horoscopes and astrology, I believe in God

FocusIsLove likes this.
  2. MustardSeed55

MustardSeed55 Fapstronaut

@mateorosi Nice! I don't know if you feel the same way, but it seems to me (at least as an Eastern Orthodox Christian) that it is harder for men and women to find good matches in the Church. I guess...I've just been to a handful of Orthodox churches and don't find a lot of girls who are of marriageable age, if any at all (well, there is one within 100 miles of me :) ). And I guess, there aren't too many young guys in their twenties, either.

I do see around me a lot of girls who like astrology, though :). Maybe the religious people, like me, are just more hidden from social life? Just pondering...

3. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

I think it might be eastern orthodox. I've attended many different non-denominational church throughout my life and there have always been women 20-35 I see in service and in the small groups. Location could be a factor too. I am in the US. Specifically I've been in Nevada, South Dakota, and Florida.

4. MustardSeed55

MustardSeed55 Fapstronaut

Good point. I did know a lot of girls when I was a Protestant... Well, I guess I should be more aware that my experience is not the normal for most Americans :)

5. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

Yeah, I've heard some good thins about eastern Orthodox. I really don't know much of the details, but I have heard it's a lot like Catholicism, but generally less seeming contradictions w/ the bible, and less scandals.

What drew you to that denomination if you don't mind me asking?

6. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

sometimes a kebab is just a kebab.