1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do so many girls like astrology?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by HealingBodyandMind, Feb 3, 2024.

1. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

It seems to me a lot of girls are into astrology, like the different star signs and stuff

why do girls like this kinda stuff so much? I never hear guys talk about it, it’s always girls

why is it like this?

✘ ✘ likes this.
  2. I don't know, it's just one of those mysteries like why do so many of them love shoes or why do they go to the bathroom in pairs?

[​IMG]

3. HealingBodyandMind

The bathroom in pairs could be like a safety thing, like two of them together could easier defend off an attacker

and shoes could be like a looks thing, so they look good

but the astrology thing is like a worldview, like a belief system - and I wonder why so many adopt that view

Astrology has a lot to do with birthdays, girls are the ones who give birth to people, so maybe it’s a natural transition to that sort of belief system

4. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Astrology is not true. But it's the part of our culture. We all believe in our culture, so it has a part in our mind. Our lives are based on our past attitudes and astrology is one of the world views. It's not scientific but than again everything can't be science. I don't believe in astrology. I don't think many girls do as well.

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  5. I don't know, you might be overthinking it. It could be as simple as they find them entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2024
  6. kaotic

kaotic Fapstronaut

I thought he was onto something

7. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Just your doxa-tic bubble, classic materialistic scientist point of view, nothing to do with real ''facts'' mere opinions. The astrological scene is full of clowns and self-made ''astrologers'', there is few good ones, and you probably don't know that mostly of the serious politicians own a personal astrologer. Nothing new under the sun, since astrology came into being first for the king and nations, only later for the individual. Of course you should not take seriously the horoscopes you find on the journals.

8. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I think it's because it gives them hope. I believe that it's natural to feel that there is a reality that is beyond our understanding. A lot of people feel a spiritual void and they are looking for answers. Astrology, psychics, necromancers, mediums, channelers and whatnot are, in my opinion, a bunch of New Age nonsense. It's a counterfeit.

9. They hated him because he spoke the truth.

[​IMG]

Meshuga likes this.
  10. HealingBodyandMind

I think maybe girls like astrology because it is more “colorful” and kinda different than the “traditional” mainstream religions

also, a lot of the other religions have women sort of on the outside and not main characters. But astrology can be really personal with girls and like they are a main part of it

11. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

I’ve noticed this too especially on Facebook people I’m friends with. I personally don’t like them and how people separate star signs from others like they are not cared for. Some act superior and act like it’s their trait..

My belief is that they are just letting it define themselves, I’ve noticed people let the traits be them.. We all act the same at times, We all can be stoic, passionate, confident, or just a decent human being. A star sign shouldn’t define us.

One post that really got on my nerves on Facebook was a post to Water signs and that in 2023 apparently they had a horrible year. For starters I’m a Virgo not a water sign and I’ve had a horrible shitty year in 2023. It just annoys me how they need to group people together because of their signs and define certain people with traits.

12. daniella846

daniella846 New Fapstronaut

For example, I can't explain it, I just like astrology. I was very interested in the signs of the zodiac and researched it for a long time. I even forgot about studying and turned to https://oxessays.com/write-my-essay for help. I've already graduated from university and I'm thinking of taking some astrology classes to study it professionally

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    silex_jedi likes this.
  13. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Maybe instead of asking a group of guys ask the girls yourself.

silex_jedi likes this.
  14. Evan_K

Evan_K Fapstronaut

I say this not to be mean, but if a girl believes in astrology, she's likely low IQ.

15. DamarisChandler

DamarisChandler New Fapstronaut

Many man also believe in astrology!

16. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Its in the same league as sigma alpha beta shit for men

tawwab1 likes this.
  17. Avanchzel

Avanchzel Fapstronaut

It's just something fun to believe in, at least for the ones I know, they don't really take it seriously.

18. Nirodha

Nirodha New Fapstronaut

19. vitekastrid

vitekastrid New Fapstronaut

I've pondered the same question myself. But you know, it's not just girls who find it intriguing. I remember discussing astrology with my guy friends once, and it sparked some really interesting conversations. Reminds me of this quiz I came across about angel numbers (https://angelnumbersinfo.com/quiz). It made me realize how exploring different beliefs can be eye-opening for anyone, regardless of gender.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  20. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

It's a mind virus. If you have a mind susceptible(as in the host enjoys it), it'll infect you, make it's home, and spread from there. For dudes, it's sports. Heh. I find it totally ludicrous, and I'd be less bothered if women didn't treat it like it was a real and deep ultimate truth of the world, but just a fun idea. Some girls are chill with it, others are too much. Either way it's just a fact of life.