1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Napoleon
    5/10
    Could have been way better

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  2. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Undoubtedly, Yeah. I also enjoyed watching ‘Glass’ and ‘Split’. Quite a thriller.
    upload_2024-1-27_16-46-35.gif

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  3. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Talk to me.
    6ish/10

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  4. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Split is better than Glass.

Lou Bloom likes this.
  5. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Agreed! :D

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  6. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Mandy (2018)

This movie is good. Nicolas Cage is one of my favorite actors. But sometimes he doesn't choose a role of his own caliber and sometimes does bad movies. But this one was ok for me. R rated violence and scenes though.
    PR: 7/10

Lou Bloom likes this.
  7. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Rewatched the Kick Ass series. I liked it. Had a lot of potential to grow. I don’t know why was it not continued. :(

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  8. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Watched it long ago , I almost forgot about this two movies. Yes, the movies were good comedy and action.

Lou Bloom likes this.
  9. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Eastern Promises (2007)

Great movie. Ruthless , gritty and suspenseful. But 18+ warning. I do not get bothered by these scenes because I have gotten used to it. But the story and screenplay was great. Crime thriller.
    PR: 9/10

Lou Bloom likes this.
  10. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Free Guy (2021)

Ryan Reynolds is a good actor. The story was interesting and I liked it. Based on the game world and animation style. The story was fun.
    PR: 8/10

Lou Bloom likes this.
  11. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

I watched Inception the other day too and forgot just how good it is, was blown away. Your list is on point too!

12. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

13. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Nocturnal Animals
    8/10

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  14. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Lou Bloom likes this.
  15. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Trainspotting (1996)

A good movie about addiction. I really Like it. But they're lots of sex and R rated scenes.
    PR: 9/10

Sarah-Walker and Lou Bloom like this.
  16. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

True that! But, I personally perceived it as the struggles one has to endure if things go drastically south and lessons one could learn. This movie also helped me understand competently the toils an addict lives through. I appreciated the raw manifestations of the characters and direction. I completely agree the movie should have ended on a positive tone instead it leaves the viewers on a rather painful and miserable note.

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  17. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

An absolute gem, and the 2nd one ‘T2’ is also among my favs. :D

Sarah-Walker and Mr. Cooler like this.
  18. Sarah-Walker

Sarah-Walker Fapstronaut

I watched two films yesterday that are not only fascinating, but on some level educational.

A Clockwork Orange - 1971 (9/10)

I should note, if you haven’t made it far in recovery don’t even attempt to view this film due to the nudity, nature, and content of it.

I wasn’t a very big fan of it due to a variety of reasons, but it wasn’t until my boyfriend bought the 4K version that really transformed the film. It now really feels like a dystopian society set in the UK, as the colours pop, the grain is gone, the sound is remastered, and it really adds to the atmosphere of the overall film.

It’s dark, harsh, realistic, but also in my opinion a take on society, and the governments failure to act or do anything to actually help people.

Trainspotting - 1996 (10/10)

During my recovery this masterpiece has been one of the greatest films for me to watch, as it not only showed how low a person can go with an addiction, but what it’s like fighting it.

I won’t spoil it but there’s a brilliant scene in there that was relatable in terms of Mark’s recovery, and it really moved me. The entire film was a masterpiece from the 90’s techno Britpop (which captured his up and downs), but also how relatable and well acted all the characters are.

It’s hands down one of my favourite films, and I recently rewatched it in anticipation of the 4K release soon!!

Mr. Cooler and Lou Bloom like this.
  19. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

No, I love the ending, it's just the movie scenes are a bit upsetting and triggering for me. I watched it long ago and that time is was addicted to pmo. So, I can't judge it now.

Sarah-Walker and Lou Bloom like this.
  20. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

As I said to our mate @Mr. Cooler, Trainspotting is an absolute gem. Danny Boyle has just created a marvellous work.
    I always admired Stanley Kubrick’s work. Clockwork Orange is a work that takes courage, and patience to understand it. Wow, what a day for the cinema, everyone sharing legendary movies here. :D

Mr. Cooler likes this.