1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-Negotiables [2024]

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FallingPetals, Jan 10, 2024.

1. FallingPetals

FallingPetals Fapstronaut

بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

It's 2024 and I am still a bit awkward on introductions so let’s just skip ‘em.

This is an open accountability thread where I plan to record my daily goals' progress. If someone else wants to join in, they are more than welcome to. I only have two rules for my threads. One, no cussing. Two, don't make them about something else, keep it relevant.

I have many things I want to do this year, but each month, I want to focus on 3-4 things that will be absolutely non-negotiable, inshallah. Meaning, they have to be on top of the priority list and preferably, on top of my schedule too meaning I need to try to do them first thing in the morning or at least, during the first part of the day.

For 2024 January, I need to focus on:
    1. Studying. I need to cover all my syllabus. I have exams starting on 1st Feb so this won't be a very balanced approach to studying since I have very less days left but before the situation gets even worse, I need to take charge.
    2. Read 1/4th of a juz of Quran.
    3. Read 20 minutes every day and finish two books, inshallah.
    4. Spend 30 minutes on course A.
    1 and 4 can be done only 5 days a week while 2 and 3 are every single day essentials. I was going to add waking up early but I know I will be studying a lot and that can mess up my routine so I don't expect myself to have a consistent sleep routine during this month.

That is all for now!

Bismillah.

P.S: The thread name was a term one of my awesome friends on here, IronMan, once used and I really liked it so credit goes to him. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    Mara43, Lou Bloom, onceaking and 4 others like this.
  2. FallingPetals

10/1/24 Wednesday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_x: 0/1
    2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 1/1
    3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it. :emoji_x: 0/1
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved by small consistent efforts. :emoji_x: 0/1

Lou Bloom and InnerMan like this.
  3. 1YearToGo

1YearToGo Fapstronaut

Nice thread, I like your goals. I have ADHD so for me having some sort of checklist to do really helps me to remain consistent. I recently bought an excel spreadsheet that helps me to track these habits and I've found it really useful. Although in all honesty, I could have made it myself but I'm lazy! I'll list my habits that I plan to do every day, some may seem strange as they will come automatically to most people but for me I have to keep track!

1. Brush Teeth, Shower, Skin Care
    2. Take Vitamins and medication
    3. Check investments
    4. Have breakfast shake
    5. Workout
    6. Tidy
    7. Do washing
    8. Have a healthy meal
    9. Drink another shake
    10. Study
    11. Read book
    12. Have a snack/meal
    13. Brush teeth, shower, skin care

I like that you have a timer for things like reading, this may be something I add. At the moment it tends to be just a chapter of the book I'm reading. I also have some monthly goals that are mainly to do with my studies, I am self studying the course so I book my exams when I'm ready for them. Having these monthly goals means I remain on track.

4. FallingPetals

11/1/24 Thursday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_white_check_mark: 1/2
    2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 2/2
    3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it. :emoji_x: 0/2
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. :emoji_white_check_mark: 1/2

Totally forgot about reading today!

5. FallingPetals

12/1/24 Friday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_white_check_mark: 2/3
    2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 3/3
    3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it. :emoji_x: 0/3
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. :emoji_white_check_mark: 2/3

Didnt feel like reading. Study progress is very slow and the stress is building up.

6. FallingPetals

13/1/24 Saturday

On weekends, 1 and 4 are not mandatory but since I have a lot to do in studying and things have piled up, I am supposed to study today too.
    1- Yesterday was just so busy, alhamdulillah. I didn't do uni study but I am enrolled in two more courses and their classes are on Saturday so that took up all my time. I won't count that as a 'cross'.
    2- I am not doing a quarter juz on some days but mostly, I am. I won't to be more specific in tracking the quantity from now onwards so I will try to do that inshallah.

1- Studying: If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. 2/3
    2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 4/4
    3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it. :emoji_x: 0/4
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. 2/3

I have 71 modules to cover in uni study. Goal is complete at least 5 today inshallah. I might stay up late.

7. FallingPetals

14/1/24 Sunday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_white_check_mark: 3/4
    2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 5/5
    3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it. :emoji_x: 0/5
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. 2/3

8. FallingPetals

15/1/24 Monday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_white_check_mark: 4/5
    3/4 modules done

2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 6/6
    Not really a quarter but still.

3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it. :emoji_white_check_mark: 1/6
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. :emoji_x: 2/4

My feet are still freezing.

Take care, all.

9. FallingPetals

16/1/24 Tuesday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_white_check_mark: 5/6
    One out of five courses complete.
    2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 7/7
    Not really a quarter but still.

3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it. :emoji_x: 1/7
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. :emoji_x: 2/5

Lou Bloom, Caged_bird and InnerMan like this.
  10. FallingPetals

17/1/24 Wednesday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_white_check_mark: 6/7
    One out of five courses complete.
    2- Read Quran Quarter Juz: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_x:
    7/8
    3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it.:emoji_white_check_mark: 2/8
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. :emoji_x: 2/6

10 min break turned into an hour and I was so sleepy that I fell asleep. Didn’t even follow through my night routine, or do Quran, or even turn the lights off. Didnt even take an extra blanket like I normally do and I can feel my body aching cos I curled up too much due to the cold!

Just fell asleep in the same position lol.

Alhamdulillah

I am confident that I will complete course 2 today, inshallah. 10 modules to go.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Lou Bloom, One Eyed Owl and InnerMan like this.
  11. FallingPetals

:emoji_white_check_mark:Goal: 10 modules

Alhamdulillah done with another course! Not gonna lie, I rushed through this one and did an average job because I really don't like this subject haha.

For the rest of the studying left to... My goal is to finish everything 5 days before exams so I can prepare well this time. Plus, my exams are in person so that's gonna be challenging and new. Kinda worried about that. It's been a while I gave proper proper exams.
    • So, Friday - Sat - Sun, need to complete course 3.
    • Mon - Tue, Need to complete course 4. Honestly, slightly unrealistic...
    • Wed - Thurs, Complete course 5. Inshallah.
    18/1/24 Thursday

1- Studying:
    If you don't do it today, tomorrow will be worse. :emoji_white_check_mark: 7/8
    Two out of five courses complete.
    2- Read Quran: The Furqan is your only true guide. :emoji_white_check_mark: 8/9
    3- Read 20 min: Even if it's a little bit, just do it.:emoji_white_check_mark: 3/9
    4- Course A: Big goals are achieved with small consistent efforts. :emoji_x: 2/7

To compensate for missing Quran last night, I did it first thing in the morning. Honestly, loved it more.

Hmm... wondering if it's realistic to expect myself to cover course A lectures during this time... I don't think I can, honestly. Maybe I should leave that a top prioriy in Feb, after uni exams are done. If anything, I should have been doing course T homework which I have neglected all week and that's a course I started in person so it's not self paced, meaning I will be questioned about it very soon lol. And yes, this course is really important to me. Alright. It's decided, there needs to be a change in priorities mentioned in this list keeping in mind the need of time.

Alright, bye.

12. FallingPetals

19/1/24 Friday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_white_check_mark: 8/9
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_x: 3/4​
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_white_check_mark: 9/10
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_white_check_mark: 1/1​
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? :emoji_white_check_mark: 4/10
    4- Did I cover Course T? Starts tomorrow, inshallah.

Testing if I like this format better than the last one... hmm.

13. FallingPetals

:emoji_white_check_mark:Goal: 7 modules Alhamdulillah!!!

20/1/24 Saturday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_white_check_mark: 9/10
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_white_check_mark: 4/5
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_white_check_mark: 10/11
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_white_check_mark: 2/2
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? :emoji_x: 4/11
    4- Did I cover Course T? Starts Monday, inshallah.

So tired. Gonna sleep well. Inshallah.

14. FallingPetals

4/8 modules completed this morning. I slept a lot. Not because I needed the rest but the bed was way too warm and cozy AND I was kind of avoiding facing life lol

21/1/24 Sunday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_x: 9/11
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_x: 4/6
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_white_check_mark: 11/12
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_x: 2/3
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? I don't remember! 4/11
    4- Did I cover Course T? Starts Monday, inshallah.

15. FallingPetals

This probably belongs to my journal but for now, I will just write it here.

I completed the super imp task which required creativity and I enjoyed doing it while jamming to nasheeds. Until the task ended. The extra stress was lifted and a certain nasheed started playing. And I felt it. Strongly and deeply.

It's mostly sadness that my heart has been feeling and I could feel it very very clearly now. It's good, at least I am not feeling a mix of different things. It's more clear.

But I don't know how to console my heart. Except through crying.

No longer in the right frame to study... It's okay. I need to be with myself right now. I need to console my heart somehow.

22/1/24 Monday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_white_check_mark: 10/12
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_white_check_mark: 5/7
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_white_check_mark: 12/13
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_white_check_mark:
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? :emoji_x: 4/12
    4- Did I cover Course T? :emoji_white_check_mark: 1/1

16. FallingPetals

23/1/24 Tuesday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_white_check_mark: 11/13
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_white_check_mark: 6/8
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_white_check_mark: 13/14
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_x: 2/3
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? :emoji_white_check_mark: 5/13
    4- Did I cover Course T? :emoji_white_check_mark: 2/2

17. FallingPetals

I need to write down a short letter to myself that reminds me why I am doing what I am doing... like a pep talk I can read to feel inspired again when I am procrastinating and wasting time.

Did a new study set up to motivate myself. Me likey. Got my cup of coffee and now going to start inshallah. Gonna use the pomodoro technique.

18. FallingPetals

Alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alameen.

24/1/24 Wednesday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_white_check_mark: 12/14
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_x: 6/9
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_white_check_mark: 14/15
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_white_circle: 2/4 It was 1/4th almost
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? :emoji_white_check_mark: 6/14 I honestly don't remember that well
    4- Did I cover Course T? :emoji_x: 2/3

I am going to read, work on project H, cover course T and then study.

I like these emojis :emoji_small_red_triangle_down::emoji_small_orange_diamond::emoji_small_blue_diamond::emoji_white_small_square::emoji_arrow_right::emoji_eight_spoked_asterisk::emoji_eight_pointed_black_star:

19. FallingPetals

Second and third done as well. Only 4 left and then, I will be done with this course! Inshallah ya rabb.

Done for the day!

25/1/24 Thursday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_white_check_mark: 13/15
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_white_check_mark: 7/10
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_white_check_mark: 15/16
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_white_check_mark: 3/5 Alhamdulillah
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? :emoji_white_check_mark: 7/15 Less reading but a lot of reflecting
    4- Did I cover Course T? :emoji_x: 2/4

Truly grateful. Allah is Most Merciful. Allah is Most Kind. Allah is Most Loving. :emoji_blue_heart:

Lou Bloom, InnerMan and One Eyed Owl like this.
  20. FallingPetals

26/1/24 Friday

1- Did I study?
    :emoji_heart: 14/16
    Did I meet my study goals? :emoji_purple_heart: 8/11 YES I DID course 4 FINISH
    2- Did I read Quran? :emoji_blue_heart: 16/17
    Was it 1/4th Juz? :emoji_yellow_heart: 4/6 Alhamdulillah
    3- Did I read at least 20 min? :emoji_green_heart: 8/16
    4- Did I cover Course T? :emoji_x: 2/5 Yeah, so, it’s a non-negotiable. Need to figure out a good time for it.

Also, I might not go for my class today. I am really sleepy and tired.

Alhamdulillah ya rabb.

One Eyed Owl, Lou Bloom and InnerMan like this.