1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New journal

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Warren of fleabags, May 2, 2023.

1. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Day 292 - busy day yesterday but mainly doing chores. The positive is we have food in the house and I have managed to make it work with the money we have. Pay day coming up this week and I am looking forward to the slight positivity that will bring with it. Not sure if we will be doing anything today - I will pose the question to my wife but she may want to take it easy again. Life is good.

Things I am grateful for:
    My gorgeous wife
    Food in the house
    Work done

Things I hope for today:
    Time to reflect
    Cuddles
    No stress

ANewFocus likes this.
  2. Warren of fleabags

Day 294 - it’s the start of a new week and back to work after my week’s break. It’s been a fairly good one although the financial pressures we have faced have made me feel like it’s been slightly strained. Still, need to focus on the positives - we have food in the house, there is fuel in the car, we have had a nice week. My wife has had to make a decision to help us out a bit money wise and while I am really grateful the guilt is real. My decisions have led us to this point. If I focus on that, though, it’s just a downward spiral and I won’t let that phase me.

My amazing wife
    Nice week off
    Good sleep

Things I hope for today:
    Cuddles
    No stress
    Jobs done

ANewFocus likes this.
  3. Warren of fleabags

Day 295 - not a bad start to the working week. Things seemed to go fairly smoothly. Today I have an important meeting with my boss, another colleague and representatives of another area - I don’t feel all that prepared for it. I’ve been chosen to help develop me professionally but sometimes I sit there and don’t quite understand everything that’s been spoken about…plus there’s the added pressure on the people left to run the ship back at base when I’m away. Fingers crossed that it stays fairly calm.

My beautiful wife
    Good first day back
    Food prepped for tonight

Things I hope for today:
    Good meeting
    Cuddles
    Jobs done

4. Warren of fleabags

Day 296 - meeting went well yesterday but it was quite a stressful day overall. Attempts to make a pudding for my family in the evening failed, which we all saw the funny side of, but I couldn’t help feeling annoyed with myself. The point was to make something that didn’t mean spending so much money on dessert and then have to go and buy something - kind of defeats the object. Roll on Friday.

My beautiful wife
    Successful meeting
    Everyone fed

Things I hope for today:
    Plans made
    Good conversations
    Cuddles

5. Warren of fleabags

Day 297 - I’m glad I took some time over the weeks break to do some planning in prep for these coming weeks. When we had our weekly meeting to look ahead yesterday I was able to just go through what was there and then focus on other important issues that come up day to day. My wife had a bit of a stressful day yesterday so hopefully I helped in some way to unload stress on that. Just looking forward to the weekend where we will be celebrating our daughter’s birthday with family.

My gorgeous wife
    Good sleep
    Plans made

Things I hope for today:
    Time for reflection
    Cuddles
    Jobs done

ANewFocus likes this.
  6. Warren of fleabags

Day 298 - Friday again - this week feels like it has gone quicker than most, which is nice in a way. Looking forward to getting stuff done and then going home for the weekend to celebrate daughter’s birthday.

My beautiful wife
    Pay day
    Weekend plans

Things I hope for today:
    Cuddles
    Jobs done
    Smiles

Warfman likes this.
  7. Warren of fleabags

Day 301 - over the weekend I hit the 300 day mark. I didn’t want to think about it - my daughter’s birthday much more important thing to reflect on. I am lucky I am able to celebrate with my family. Given my actions over pretty much her entire life time, I am lucky I still live in the same house as her. I am lucky to have such an amazing and wonderful wife who supports me thoroughly, even when I am being stupid when it comes to the cleaning. I have everything I need in this house and I am blessed. Things are hard right now on a financial side - they will get better. It’s a long slog. But they will get better.

My beautiful wife
    My amazing daughter
    A roof over my head.

Things I am hoping for today:
    Cuddles
    Jobs done
    Good time celebrating

Warfman likes this.
  8. Muha22

Muha22 Fapstronaut

300 days is a huge achievement only a few achieve. Congrats

Warren of fleabags likes this.
  9. Warren of fleabags

Thank you - the journey isn’t over yet. This is a journey I need to take over the rest of my life. But I’m grateful for the support.

Muha22 likes this.
  10. Warren of fleabags

Day 302 - my daughter’s actual birthday yesterday and such a good evening. Just eating nice food and watching a couple of films. Good family times. I’m so incredibly lucky.

My wife, who is the best person in the world to me.
    My daughter, who is such a star.
    My house, which we own.

Things I am hopeful for today:
    Cuddles
    Stress free day
    Jobs done

Syphax and Yin&Yang like this.
  11. Warren of fleabags

Day 303 - woke up with familiar anxiety again. So fed up with this. The obvious answer is to change something so that I feel more secure but I just don’t know what. It’s not as easy as I write it. Long day yesterday at work with some challenging issues. Need to concentrate on my positives and my own mindfulness.

My gorgeous wife
    Tasty food
    Roof over my head

Things I hope for today:
    Less stress
    Cuddles
    Jobs done

12. Warren of fleabags

Day 304 - woke up this morning feeling better than yesterday. On the whole it was an okay day - plans in place to support a member of the team which hopefully will have a positive impact on everyone else. Enjoying my baking at the moment - today’s experiment is cookies which I’ve never baked before. Fingers crossed they will be okay!

My gorgeous wife
    Plans made
    No stress

Things I hope for today:
    Cuddles
    Jobs done
    Better sleep

13. Warren of fleabags

Day 305 - very happy it’s the end of the week. Not been a bad one overall - looking forward to the weekend and just having the opportunity to chill with the family will be nice.

My wonderful wife
    Bills paid
    Better sleep

Things I hope for today:
    Stress free day
    Cuddles
    Jobs done

14. Warren of fleabags

Day 308 - it’s been a nice weekend. We haven’t done an awful lot, apart from going on a walk yesterday which turned into a very muddy trek after we took a wrong turn. I really enjoyed the time with my wife and daughter, even if it wasn’t exactly my wife’s cup of tea. Life is good - there are so many things in it that I feel I take for granted. I just want this positive mood to go on for as long as possible, and if there is a dip to be able to handle it swiftly and sensibly - not immerse myself in the self-deprecating muck of my own inner anxieties. Basically, I just want to be a better person.

My gorgeous wife
    Lovely weekend
    Good sleep

Things I hope for today:
    Cuddles
    Jobs done
    Little stress

ANewFocus likes this.
  15. Warren of fleabags

Day 309 - yesterday afternoon was slightly trying. A member of the team is still causing significant issues and it’s really beginning to affect the rest of the group. I have to try and find a way to support everyone to the best advantage possible. Not easy. Thank goodness for my home life which is where I can chill and enjoy time with my wife.

My beautiful wife
    Good sleep
    Good food

Things I hope for today:
    New strategy
    Cuddles
    Less stress

ANewFocus likes this.
  16. Warren of fleabags

Day 310 - a slightly less stressful day yesterday. The team member causing issues was calmer, though we had to have someone working with them quite a lot of the time to make them feel supported. I don’t blame them - they’ve got so much other stuff going on in their life that of course they are going to need to offload in some way. I’m grateful I have my wonderful wife to talk to about this and for the support she gives me. Mothers Day on Sunday and I hope that she likes what we’ve got her - it’s not much but it’s meaningful (I hope).

My beautiful wife
    Calmness
    Jobs done

Things I hope for today:
    Plans made
    Decisions made
    Cuddles

17. Warren of fleabags

Day 311 - so many issues yesterday at work. Probably the most stressful day we have had for a while. I’m pleased that I was able to seek out support where needed but it still does you in slightly. Thank god for my wife. She knew instantly that I needed to just go home and just be. I love her infinitely more for her kindness and compassion. I totally don’t deserve this woman in my life but my god I’ll do everything I can to keep her happy.

My wonderful wife
    Some plans made
    Today is a new day

Things I hope for today:
    Less stress
    Cuddles
    Plans finished

18. Warren of fleabags

Day 312 - a calmer day yesterday following the events of the week so far. Just happy it’s now Friday. Looking forward to plans at the weekend which will hopefully go well. Ultimately life is good and I need to embrace it.

My gorgeous wife
    Friday
    Jobs done

Things I hope for today:
    Cuddles
    Stress free journeys
    Better sleep

19. Warren of fleabags

Day 315 - it’s been a nice weekend. My wife enjoyed Mother’s Day even if it rained horrendously. We were still able to go out and have a nice time.

Ended up staying up to watch the Oscar’s - wasn’t planning to but started watching the first bit and then my wife woke up feeling unwell, so she watched it with me. We ended up chatting afterwards and it was just lovely having that time with her. She managed to get back to sleep - I couldn’t, so today should be interesting energy levels wise. Just be kind to myself I guess.

My wonderful wife
    Shared conversations
    Good weekend

Things I hope for today:
    Sleep
    Stress free day
    Cuddles

ANewFocus likes this.
  20. Warren of fleabags

Day 316 - managed to get through yesterday without a lot of effort, which I am grateful for. Slept all night for once too, so have woken feeling fairly refreshed and positive. A busy week at work this week and several late nights too due to meetings with other groups, but just need to take it all in my stride. I feel fairly prepared, just hope there are no little nasty surprises waiting for me.

My gorgeous wife
    Good nights sleep
    Lucozade

Things I hope for today:
    Good meetings
    Cuddles
    Calmness

ANewFocus likes this.