1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New journal

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Warren of fleabags, May 2, 2023.

1. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Day 278 - managed to get as much done as I could at work yesterday but may need to do some extra stuff over this weekend. Annoying but it will be worth it in the end. Just hope I get a chance to chill a bit as well.

Things I am grateful for:
    My gorgeous wife
    Weekend
    Good sleep

Things I hope for today:
    Cuddles
    No stress
    Jobs done

Mara43, ANewFocus and Hope23 like this.
  2. Warren of fleabags

Day 279 - I am so fed up of waking early in the night and my brain immediately starting to go into financial panic mode. In the past I would have reached for my device to drown it out, which would have eventually led to me making the wrong choices. I guess this is my new issue - my brain is starved of drama elsewhere.

My beautiful wife
    Happy cat
    Nice weather

Things I hope for today:
    Nice day out
    Cuddles
    Lack of stress

Mara43 and Hope23 like this.
  3. Muha22

Muha22 Fapstronaut

Are u having financial problems?

4. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

I’m one who constantly stresses about money. I’ve followed Dave Ramsey since before Dave Ramsey ( there was another who advised identical spending habits)
    My anxiety/insomnia got even worse after dday with my husband. I felt like our finances were the only thing I could influence or control. The thing that helped me was 1. Not having any debt except our house and only having a 15 yr mortgage.
    2. Several different savings accounts ie- Christmas account, emergency fund, general savings and retirement.
    For me- $20k emergency fund and I started to relax once my retirement hit $100k.
    This may look very different for you, it took years for me to get there. You can retire as multimillionaires if you are dedicated to not having debt, saving( yay compound interest!)and living frugally. So long as you work and continually advance either in the current job or moving to another profession. Looking back, I had no idea how much impact living this way would have on us today. Having the savings was really what helped my anxiety. No matter what happened I put 25% into some form of savings. Gave 10% to church or charity. Even when we were broke, those two things were constant. I quit working at 42, my husband retired at 52. I still save and give. Fortunately my husband completely trusted me with our finances. But yeah, my threshold for comfort was $20k emergency and retirement at $100k. Yours may be higher or lower but when you hit it, you will know. Lol. The anxiety starts if my savings dip below those.

5. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I second this approach.

Warren of fleabags and Warfman like this.
  6. Warfman

Warfman Fapstronaut

I started reading "Unwanted" by Jay Stringer. Interesting point he makes early in the book is often our acting out isn't always too dull the pain from something our subconscious desire to actually find out re-enact our sexual brokenness from the past. Kinda interesting, and kinda fits what your saying. Stringer went on to say we don't feel comfortable in a peaceful state.

Warren of fleabags likes this.
  7. Warren of fleabags

Things are very very tight at the moment - I made some bad decisions over the last few years money wise and I’m now regretting it every month with repayments. We get by but it’s always stressful for me.

8. Warren of fleabags

I know the changes I need to make to get to this situation - I just need to be in a position where my debts are repaid, which is going to take a while.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  9. Warren of fleabags

I’m just a drama llama, lol.

10. Warren of fleabags

Day 280 - feel calmer again today than I did yesterday morning. I think it helped that we have a plan for our week’s break next week that involves going to place we are already members of. My guilt now heads towards the fact that my wife is paying for a lot of things at the moment. Wherever possible I need to make things work. Still, it was a nice day out yesterday for us. Important meeting at work today - hopefully it will go well.

My beautiful wife
    A nice day out
    Better sleep

Things I hope for today:
    Successful meeting
    Cuddles
    Jobs done

Mara43 likes this.
  11. Warren of fleabags

Day 281 - meeting yesterday went well with some good next steps for us to consider. The only drawback is the disruption it causes to other members of the team, who don’t seem to quite gel with everything we are doing. Important presentation this coming week which we are fairly prepared for, just need a little more work. Had a nice dinner with the family last night all sat around the table, which isn’t a regular thing but meant we could have a frank conversation with stepson regarding attitudes.

My wonderful wife
    Good food
    Four days to go

Things I hope for today:
    Jobs done
    Preparations made
    Cuddles

Mara43 likes this.
  12. Warren of fleabags

Day 282 - I was so tired last night I fell asleep a lot earlier than normal. It’s probably the fact that I am coming close to my week’s break and, as usual, there seems to be a hundred and one different jobs that need doing before then. Prep for presentation is going well; more work on that today and then a planning meeting with colleagues looking over the next couple of months. My wife is not feeling very well at all, seems to be coming down with a cold which adds to her struggles with ME (that’s the condition ME not actually me). I hope to just support her in as much as possible without being too annoying, which is often what ends up happening.

My gorgeous wife
    Three days to go
    No stress

Things I hope for today:
    Plans made
    Cuddles
    Prep going well

13. Warren of fleabags

Day 283 - prep for important presentation today went as well as it could yesterday. I will have a little time with the team to go over it once more before we get it done and then that’s one less thing to worry about. Planning session also went well, using what we know has worked in the past to help prepare for the next couple of months. Have a brief meeting with boss late this afternoon but also need to be home in time to get to stepson’s parents evening at school - not expecting any major issues on that front, he works hard. My wife continues to feel poorly from a cold and had a tricky day at work yesterday. I feel like I am supporting her as well as I can. Ultimately we are looking forward to our week off next week and the chance to have a day just the two of us on Valentines Day.

My gorgeous wife
    Plans made
    Good sleep

Things I hope for today:
    Successful presentation
    Cuddles
    Good news tonight

Hyperlord and ANewFocus like this.
  14. Warren of fleabags

Day 284 - the presentation went as well as it could do and I’m glad that’s it over and done with. Now to just navigate the last day before a week off - I want to try and make sure I have as much ready for when I return as possible so that there is as little stress as I need. Parents evening went well for my stepson - he’s on the right track, anyway.

I need to be more positive in life. I am so quick to turn to the negative. I always thought I was an optimist but I guess in recent years that has morphed into pessimism. That makes it trickier to handle difficult situations and conversations. I’m fairly certain that my addiction played a big part in this too.

My wonderful wife
    Presentation done
    Friday

Things I hope for today:
    Plans made
    Calmness
    Cuddles

ANewFocus likes this.
  15. Warren of fleabags

Day 285 - thank goodness it’s the weekend and the start of our week off. Yesterday went well, all things considered, and am in a good position for when we come back from the break. In the meantime we have plans for everyday in the week, even if they are only minor. Looking forward to spending time with family and my wife.

My gorgeous wife
    Weekend
    Week off

Things I hope for today:
    Chores done
    Time to relax
    Good results in sport

ANewFocus likes this.
  16. Warren of fleabags

Day 286 - so once again my financial insecurity has added to me disappearing into my own head. My wife was on it almost instantly. Made me look at my general negative air and shake myself out of it. Today I read a post on the forum where someone is reflecting on how they too disappear into that negativity and fear and actually how they need to stop and really focus on the positives. I try to do that every morning on this journal but maybe I don’t actually think properly about it. It’s a sense of complacency I guess, which I know can be dangerous.

My wife who loves and understands me so much more than I do myself
    My daughter who is brilliant
    Sunday

Things I am hopeful for today:
    Nice morning out
    Cuddles
    Good sports results

ANewFocus likes this.
  17. Muha22

Muha22 Fapstronaut

It is good to have a wife to keep you grounded

Warren of fleabags and ANewFocus like this.
  18. Warren of fleabags

Day 288 - we had a slight scare with our cat the other day, which inevitably made us have a sight scare with money. However, it all turned out all right in the end. Glorious sunshine yesterday meant we had a nice day out - though it is still a little chilly. Looking forward to another day with my wife and daughter and to tomorrow with my wife.

My gorgeous wife
    Nice days out
    Happy results

Things I hope for today:
    Safe journeys
    Quality time
    Cuddles

ANewFocus likes this.
  19. Warren of fleabags

Day 290 - yesterday was a really nice day. The wife and I managed to go out just the two of us and see a show which was fantastic. Reminded me of when we used to see stuff all the time while we were dating. Only difference being back then we didn’t have to come home and pick up our daughter. I’m pleased that I also didn’t overstep the mark. I think a couple of years ago the selfish addict in me might have expected further intimacy on Valentine’s Day night - but yesterday I was ecstatic just by the closeness we had and cuddles in the evening. I think this shows just how much more I value the time spent with my wife on an emotional level.

My wonderful wife
    Lovely day out
    Travel stress free

Things I hope for today:
    Safe journeys
    Nice weather
    Cuddles

20. Warren of fleabags

Day 291 - another nice day out yesterday with wife and daughter. Only a couple of days left in this week off before returning back to work, so we won’t be doing that much now to make sure our batteries are recharged. I will take the opportunity to do some work in prep for the coming weeks and maybe…maybe…some writing of my own. I haven’t done any of that for so long. I think I have lost a lot of self-confidence in myself, or maybe just got lazy? I need to properly go for it and stop regretting not attempting sooner. Life is too short.

My beautiful wife
    My gorgeous daughter
    Nice days out

Things I hope for today:
    Good fortune
    Resilience
    Cuddles

ANewFocus likes this.