1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Money is the meaning of life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Leanmaxxing, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Oh sh**! I’m going in again. Oh well. Behind money, isn’t there a power game going on? By that I mean the power to survive and live comfortably? The power to not have to work at a job your heart’s not in. To free up your time, in other words. And the power to attract attractive women?! To have a certain status in society? To be held in awe by others? (ooh! ouch!) etc etc.
    I’m not saying I’m “right,” just saying about “money”! I look forward to hearing your thoughts. No need to go on a rampage.

2. Reconstruction141

Reconstruction141 New Fapstronaut

I think money stops becoming the meaning to life once your necessities are met (safety, security, nourishment). After that, I don't know. I'm stuck on that part.

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Air is the meaning of life?

4. viktraaa

viktraaa Fapstronaut

In my opinion, not money is the meaning of life, but emotions. I have, for example, very positive emotions caused by travel. Of course, money is needed for this, but still there are people for whom money is the most important thing and they don't even spend it. I love to travel so much that I already have my favorite hotels and, for example, yesterday I called Boyne Mountain Resort customer service to book a room and not overpay on the sites for it. It's really cool and I can't wait for the next trip

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  5. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Humans can make anything meaning of their life, but fulfilling that meaning requires money. Just to survive you need so many things and it so happens that you don't need to go and hunt for food, you can always exchange it for money. Money is economic energy, you can convert it into food, shelter or whatever you need.

My meaning of life is not money, it's just a tool to keep me alive so that I can live a meaningful life, I surely need money to do most of the task, but it's a means not the goal. I have seen rich people committing suicide, a meaningless life can force you into depression, I have seen people who have donated all their wealth to charity to start seeking peace.

Some people's meaning of life is god, others focus on their family, few focus on society, few wants to become god etc etc. surely there are people who are so self centred that they can't dedicate their life to something else and still haven't figured out what gives meaning to their life or they are still deciding which thing is worthwhile to dedicate my life towards.

6. Eritede

Eritede Fapstronaut

Money makes life easier by providing access to necessities and opportunities, but true fulfillment comes from relationships, personal growth, and experiences. While you can't deny the importance of money in today's world, it's equally important to focus on happiness, health, and fulfillment. Using cashing out services like those available at 신용카드 현금화 can help manage finances effectively. But ultimately, it's the moments shared with loved ones and the memories made that truly give meaning to our lives.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024 at 9:07 AM
  7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Indeed! To say nothing of awareness.

8. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

I don't think anyone is arguing that. The bottom line for me is that money gives a person options. An argument could easily be made that money can provide momentary or temporary happiness, but in my opinion, it never has and never will be the meaning of life.