1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Money is the meaning of life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Leanmaxxing, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Not saying it’s the only meaning. But it is the most important meaning of life if you want to live. There is no way around it, you can refuse the system and say whatever you want to help you cope but you WILL pay the bills, because the alternative is to be homeless and starve. Even if you don’t pay the bill, someone else is so you are still dependent on money. Without money, you are seen as worthless and useless. With a lot of money, you can almost do anything you want and have total freedom from work. Therefore money is the meaning of life.

You can debate and say this or that is the real meaning of life but it is all debatable. Money isn’t debatable. It is not optional. Money rules everything that we need and want which is why it’s the meaning of life. And don’t say stupid shit like “we need oxygen so oxygen is the meaning of life by your logic.” No shit we need oxygen to live, if they can charge us money to breathe, they would.

Money is the reason that people wake up everyday. You spend more time and energy earning money than any activity that you’ll ever do. Without money, you can’t do shit. You can’t even live and have basic necessities. It is the meaning of life. This is something that we all can agree on.

2. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Damn bro... You right. I think you just figured out the meaning of life.

Panna and Leanmaxxing like this.
  3. xuledywo

xuledywo Fapstronaut

Your perspective on the significance of money in life is certainly a pragmatic and commonly held viewpoint. It's true that in our current societal structure, financial stability is crucial for meeting basic needs and achieving a certain level of comfort and freedom. The practical aspects you highlight, such as paying bills, avoiding homelessness, and securing necessities, are undeniable realities.

However, it's worth noting that the meaning of life can be subjective and varies from person to person. While financial stability is undeniably important for survival in the current system, some individuals find meaning in relationships, personal growth, creativity, or contributing to a greater purpose. It's a complex and multifaceted topic that invites diverse perspectives and discussions. For more insights on life perspectives and discussions, you may find Cardailytips.com to be a valuable resource.

Mara is back and NfBigGlP like this.
  4. The meaning of life is to play Starfield, available now on Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series S and Series X, and Game Pass for Windows and Game Pass for Xbox.

5. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Didn’t know we had Chatgpt members here! Anyway it seems like this guy need more Skyrim!!!!

6. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

I need to learn how to invest my money. I save a lot of money but don’t know what to do with it. Currency devalues over time and I need to invest it into assets that outpace inflation and depreciation.

7. Matrofe

Matrofe Fapstronaut

I would put school to the same file that money belongs ,any school from first grade to the university. Literally we were told that school will provide a job for us but what it proves are literally roads with gates that are only for those who have the highest notes the rest of people with average notes are left to starve.In order to get a job they can ahieve it through friendship or going to work below their educational grade.I wager that you heard:
    'Gentlemen don't talk about money' where is the meaning behind that? There indeed is, if he has a lot of milions he will buy half of the city and you will rent from him,literally giving him money by nothing by providing you the house you rent for studying,working in the bigger city you do not have money to buy a house.Even though the house he bought was half of the price it is now, he could because he was born before you or he had the money from his parents you did not have thus he is literally above you and if you want to win the rat race you have to get highest notes in school and to obtain it: you should have lovely parents that are paying for you educational in better school, they pay for teachers to teach you in home, they give you better food so you can grow stronger, taller even smarter. If the parents are out of money chances are that the child will have harder to get above the surface. Money is more important that only for the actual person, it is even more for his children and family.

8. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Your are correct in that money is needed for almost everything. However, chasing after money will not give you peace. You'll just get stuck in a cycle of endless desire for more. There is no peace in this life -- only passions.

9. [​IMG]

10. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Money gives us freedom and that is the only reason i want to be reach. I've started my own business two years ago and all our clients can check online reputation of our shop these days. I think we have much more satisfied customers than those who are completely disappointed with our services.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  11. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    , things become important when we make them important, making money to me is like air, i breath it, i dont focus mylife around the need to breath or when the next time i get to breath, what is important to me is full filling my passions

Kierann, onceaking and SirQwerty like this.
  12. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Wow. I can't believe this is a real actual post. NO, money is not the meaning of life and it certainly does NOT give us freedom. Money gives people choices, THAT'S IT. Marilyn Monroe had money. So did Jonathan Wraith, Kurt Cobain, and Robin Williams. Just do any internet search for billionaire suicides and you'll see plenty! Money is not everything and it never should be!! Greed can easily consumes and kill people if it gets bad enough. Different people have different takes on the meaning of life, why we're all here, and how we all got here, but at the end of the day, when I look at my life, what matters most is love for people I care about. It's about love for my fellow man. Showing compassion, grace, mercy, and love whenever possible and appropriate. I don't let people walk all over me, but I help people out when they need it (if I can) and I never wait for someone to ask for help if it's clear that they could use some help.

There's a meme going around that says:

"Why didn't you ask for help?"
    "Because you saw I needed help and didn't offer."

But you stick with money being the meaning of life. Good luck taking that with you when you leave this life.

13. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Then why do I spend about 40 to 50 hours a week making money? Why do I need it just for survival? Why can they just raise the price of basic necessities like rent and food, forcing us to work more?

Let me be clear, I don’t want money to be the meaning of life, I’m saying I don’t have a choice. Money defines the quality of life. Of course there are miserable rich people but there are also miserable poor people so why does that even matter? I’ll tell you right now, I’d rather be rich and miserable than poor and miserable.

I spend most of my waking hours invested in making money. I’m not materialistic at all, I would live very modestly if they can make living expenses affordable and improve working conditions so people can actually enjoy life without money having a huge impact?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
  14. AbelHimself

AbelHimself Fapstronaut

I don't know what the meaning of life is, but I'm not sure money is, though. And masturbation definitely isn't, of that I'm sure.

15. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

You don't NEED money. There are a lot of people in the world who have never owned any amount of any currency. If you want to live on the grid with a heated and powered home, then sure, you have to make money or you'll lose the house.

Ans yes, you absolutely have a choice as to whether or not you make money the meaning of your life. You said in the OP not to say something like oxygen, but only say that's not the same because they can't charge us to breathe, which is a stupid defense. Why isn't shelter the meaning of life then? Why isn't water the meaning of life? You CHOOSE to make money the meaning of your life because that's what you want most. It's pretty self righteous to tell everyone what the meaning of their lives is, not just what you think the meaning of your life is.

And while we're on the subject, who are you to tell 8 billion people what the meaning of life is? And why does it have to be something you think we need? Why can't it be something different for everyone? Why can't it be Kraft Macaroni & cheese? Why can't it be relationships?

Failing_upward and onceaking like this.
  16. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Money can be the meaning of life if you want it to - we create our own meaning.

The way I see money is important but not everything. You can't live without it but having lots of it won't necessarily bring you happiness and peace, in fact, it can bring an extra set of problems. As Joe has pointed a number of famous billionaires have killed themselves but people it's not just those who kill themselves who are struggling. I heard Steven Bartlett talk about how after he became wealthy he was suspicious of anyone who wanted to be his friend because he thought they were after his money. He said the only people he's actually friends with are those he knew before becoming a millionaire.

Perhaps we need to accept life is suffering and we will never get rid of suffering no matter what we do or achieve.

Failing_upward and Leanmaxxing like this.
  17. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Survival is the meaning of all life.

Human survival has evolved to making money as a means for survival. Sure, there’s always living off the grid to survive but if you don’t want to do that. I don’t want to do that. Then money is the meaning of life. Again I’m not saying it’s the only meaning but it controls everything around you and working for money takes away a lot of time and energy from your life so it is an important meaning of life.

18. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Okay, but why is money the most important meaning of life though? Over food, water, shelter, relationships, or love? You're not answering that. Just because we need paychecks to pay bills doesn't mean money is what's most important. That's nothing more than you just being greedy.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Money has made it easier to trade items etc, for example. Try reading Yanis Varoufakis short book "Talking to my Daughter" for a deeper insight into money.
    Without a skill you can be seen as "worthless and useless."
    Death isn't debatable. Does that make it the meaning of life? (This is an area well worth looking into!)
    Do you question your own assumptions? (Another area well worth looking into!)

20. wd4t

wd4t Fapstronaut

yeah but if you go to Thailand you can live for a buck fifty

the meaning of life is life and how our current system works everything you see is a progression or regression of previous systems and policies

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023