Anyone like Football??

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by nl ur, Dec 22, 2023.

1. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

You need at the very least that goalpost while in soccer just a couple of rocks will do. Being tall is good however explosive power is even more important, cristiano ronaldo is/was considered one of the most athletic player in soccer but if you compare him to top rugby or basketball players he will come short, in those sports they are bigger, jump higher and sprint faster, what soccer players have over them in term of athleticism is just agility and endurance.
    Carrying the ball with your feets while maintaining field awareness rely far more on skills than just sprinting while doing the same with your hands which come naturally.

I don't know as much about rugby or basketball as i do soccer but in soccer you can be in your mid-late 30s while still being one of the top players as you don't need to be as athletic as younger guys as long as you are more "technical".

2. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

I never said sprinting. I said it requires a bodily intelligence. Which is why it require a lot of athleticism. It's natural for us to transport things with our feet across distances.

Rugby is another sport with a really low bar for entrance. There's maybe one position in the entire game that requires height and even then you can be fine if you're not tall.

3. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Football can be epic, I remember the remuntada of Barça against Paris, of probably greatest matches ever…I suppose with all that new arabian league football is becoming less interesting.

josealejandro.ven, SethLCU and Khufu like this.
  4. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Based

En?gmatic likes this.
  5. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

Why watch soccer when you can watch hockey? Hockeys literally soccer but it’s a bunch of armored warriors beating the shit out each other with sticks on ice.

En?gmatic and EmperorLaStrang like this.
  6. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Yep, the Canadian spirit is strong in you man. Hockey is just more funny than Soccer.

7. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I love football, I'm currently watching Barcelona FC female soccer , they been doing great

SethLCU and En?gmatic like this.
  8. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Gotta watch out for those trippers ,they slide an trip you, one match Barcelona players kept getting sniped out, one got injured :(

SethLCU and En?gmatic like this.
  9. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I love the ADHD on this thread ,first we talking soccer, then switch to what country has the healthiest drinking water

En?gmatic likes this.
  10. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

This happen every single time, and it’s a good thing, it mean users are creatives, and we use to go back to the old topics btw. Don’t trust tap water btw, Justin Castro is doing something to it.

{Ananta} likes this.
  11. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    In the west coast of my country just recently they stopped placing fluoride in drinking water ,remember as kids when they did that fluoride soak on our teeth they warned us thoroughly not to swallow it , I'm ADHD myself , I look forward to the exciting topic switching on the whim

En?gmatic likes this.
  12. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

Fluoride is perfecty fine, it does not calcify your pineal gland and it is perfectly fine for your health. Trust the Science.

13. Muha22

Muha22 Fapstronaut

Have you been to Philadelphia

14. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Have you been to the US?

15. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Sure is! I've been living most of my life in places where no fluorosilic acid is added to the public water supply AND I've been brushing my teeth with non-fluoride toothpaste for the last three years. I've lost all my teeth and tomorrow I'M GOING TO BE WIPED OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET!

En?gmatic likes this.
  16. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

It's another thread that shows that at times this forum is no better than social media. I don't know why people can't accept that some people have different tastes in sports and leave them to it. Personally, I appreciate both sports.

17. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I suppose at least they beat Wigan.

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  18. En?gmatic

En?gmatic Fapstronaut

This is just how philosophy works man, if you read a book by Plato you’ll see that Socrates when he has to opinate he has to enlarge the discussion on other arguements, you know, to see the greater picture and find the real truth that isn’t the mere doxa you are bringing with your comment in our beautiful socratic argumentation of Soccer and other sport.

Icewarrior, SethLCU and {Ananta} like this.
  19. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I don't use fluoride tooth paste either, pieces of my teeth chip off ,am I gonna die soon to ,

Icewarrior likes this.
  20. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

I used to like football. But now only watch world cups.

SethLCU and {Ananta} like this.