1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Jewish girl

1. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    I didnt know how to settle withoit some sort of fantasy first. In the end i stayed up until i was literally dropping. Literally didnt stop eating the entire day though lol!
    Jul 10, 2017
  2. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Tonight im gonna just go to bed and try to embrace whatever emotions come. Im sure my fantasies are there to cover up emotion.
    Jul 10, 2017
  3. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    I ate my lunch at 10.30 haha! If i had supper at work, id eat it now lol!
    Jul 10, 2017
  4. Star Lord
    Star Lord
    Mind of matter.
    Jul 10, 2017
    Deleted Account and Jewish girl like this.
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    It's great to hear that you persevered! Takes a lot of strength to that! Proud of you! :) Stay strong! And best of luck!
    Jul 10, 2017
  6. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thanks! :-)
    Jul 10, 2017
  7. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    I have red marks on my wrist from the elastic pulling! Ive only been using it for 4.5 hours! Might have to find a different method!
    Jul 10, 2017
    Deleted Account and Star Lord like this.
  8. Star Lord
    Star Lord
    Self inflicted pain is not a good alternative. Wishful thinking is better.
    Jul 10, 2017
    The Blue Ocean and Jewish girl like this.
  9. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    I thought the suddenness of the elastic would shock me out of the fantasy. It works pretty well. Im kinda desperate
    Jul 10, 2017
  10. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Also, it doesnt really hurt much. Tiny sting
    Jul 10, 2017
  11. Star Lord
    Star Lord
    When overcoming this addiction, it's important to try and do so through will power, with very limited aids. The power of our mind is all we need. Trust me. Believe in your ability. Truly.
    Jul 10, 2017
  12. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @Jewish girl It's acceptable for a very short while more, but the whole rubber band technique is negative motivation. That is, you're trying to program your brain to associate the act of fantasising with a fear of punishment.
    Jul 10, 2017
    Jewish girl and Star Lord like this.
  13. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @Jewish girl So try your best to not make this your go-to technique, this is supposed to be stop-gap at most. Please don't carry on for too long with hitting yourself with a rubber band. I don't like the idea of people punishing themselves :(
    Jul 10, 2017
    Jewish girl and Star Lord like this.
  14. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thank you @Star Lord !! I believe i can do it, its just a mayltter of how. In what way can i use my mind to help me out of this? The worst feeling is struggling with myself and my brain fighting itself.
    Jul 10, 2017
  15. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    @Enderswish604 thank you! I hear what youre saying but i dont actually look at it as a punishment/a negative thing. It barely even hurts. I just use it because its a sudden feeling which helps me. Also i kind of like the sensation.
    The fidget spinner hasnt come yet but do you have any other idea that might give me the same effect as the elastic?
    Jul 10, 2017
  16. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thanks both for your support!
    Jul 10, 2017
  17. Star Lord
    Star Lord
    Imagine your brain is a firewall and urges are malware. The firewall your brain sees the malware, separates it from your vulnerable areas of your mind and then gets rid of it.
    Jul 10, 2017
    Deleted Account and Jewish girl like this.
  18. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
    Jul 10, 2017
  19. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @Jewish girl If you're okay with the rubber band, then stick with it till you find a better shock, just at least moisturise your wrist so it doesn't start hurting for real. Apart from fidget spinner, just try more mental control techniques, @Star Lord has good advice
    Jul 11, 2017
    Happy Man, Jewish girl and Star Lord like this.
  20. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @Jewish girl Another idea, is to try and imagine a mental dial switch whenver urges get strong, depending on the strength, give it a number, 11 being highest, zero being none, and then slowly imagine turning it back down to zero, while breathing as deep as you can.
    Jul 11, 2017
    Happy Man and Star Lord like this.
  21. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Jul 11, 2017