1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Jewish girl

1. sfmark12
    sfmark12
    What I use to do is a rubber band thing. Wear a rubber band on your wrist and when you start to fantasize pull back and let go. It is a sting(not bad though), it worked for me for my case. It is looked down upon because sometimes people do it too much and it creates a lot of pain.
    Jul 8, 2017
  2. EverydayIsANewChance
    EverydayIsANewChance
    @sfmark12 Great idea that I've been trying since yesterday! It's a good distraction from fantasies.
    Jul 9, 2017
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    A less negative method would be to just get a fidget spinner, or any other similar coping prop. Something physical that you can always carry, to distract you. They do it in anger therapy sometimes, any instrument that bears the brunt so that neither you nor the world has to.
    Jul 9, 2017
  4. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thanks guys! Great ideas! Im gonna try these out! Im a little desperate. ..
    Jul 9, 2017
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @Jewish girl "Feeling lost, crazy and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty and reason" - Alain de Button
    Jul 9, 2017
  6. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thanks that makes me feel better lol!
    Jul 9, 2017
  7. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    I ordered a fidget spinner. Now i just have to find an elastic that i can comfortably wear around my wrist! :-) :-)
    Jul 9, 2017
  8. EverydayIsANewChance
    EverydayIsANewChance
    Wow! You're putting up your best fight, I'm rooting for you!
    Jul 9, 2017
  9. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thank you! Its comments like this that really get me going! Hows it going for you?
    Jul 9, 2017
  10. EverydayIsANewChance
    EverydayIsANewChance
    No prob! Feeling so tired with the constant chatter of my brain and I can't find a way to shut it up. I need to search for a solution at any cost.
    Jul 9, 2017
  11. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Same! Im so distracted and just cant seem to focus! Thats why im gonna try those 2 ideas! If you find any other helpful tips please post! Good luck to you! Hope you feel better soon! Keep me posted!
    Jul 9, 2017
  12. EverydayIsANewChance
    EverydayIsANewChance
    Thank you very much! Let's do our best! :)
    Jul 9, 2017
  13. Star Lord
    Star Lord
    Hate the thoughts. Truly hate them. Feel disgusted by them.
    Jul 9, 2017
  14. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    @Star Lord i like that better. Despise the thoughts, but not myself!:-) :-)
    Jul 9, 2017
  15. Star Lord
    Star Lord
    I kinda took it to the extreme and hated myself as well as my thoughts, so maybe not a good idea to do what I did. But hate the thoughts definitely.
    Jul 9, 2017
  16. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thanks- i sorta love them but hate the idea of having them all at once. But im gonna start to actually hate them! Watch this space!;-)
    Jul 9, 2017
  17. Star Lord
    Star Lord
    If you like them or love them, you won't ever escape them. The rush you get from them is what makes you think you love them, but deep down you don't and you know it. Grab hold of that deep down feeling and pull it up.
    Jul 9, 2017
  18. Jewish girl
    Jewish girl
    Thanks Star Lord! Im gonna give it my best!
    Jul 9, 2017