1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by RobinCoenBrosFan

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Did you see the Coen Bros thing on Netflix? The Ballad of Buster Scruggs?
    Jul 10, 2020
  2. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    I actually have not seen that one yet. Want to! Tbh I haven’t seen their newer films since True Grit. Want to see Llewelyn Davis and Hail Caesar as well.

Have you seen it? Is it good? (Although they never disappoint lol)
    Jul 11, 2020
    Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I need to see those too.

They certainly don't disappoint. ;) I watched No Country for Old Men for the first time last year, and re-watched Fargo after about 15 years. The layers of subtlety I can see now, with the benefit of time, are amazing!
    Jul 11, 2020
    RobinCoenBrosFan likes this.
  4. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    Fargo is my favorite. Barton Fink and Burn After Reading are good too. And everyone loves Lebowski, of course. The Man Who Wasn’t There is criminally underrated btw
    Jul 11, 2020
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Turns out they've made more films than I realised...

I just love the fact that they combine beautiful aesthetics with deadpan and dark humour, and their narratives have such sharp, deep metaphysical insights. They're really masterful. They even have the odd explosion to keep the punters happy. :oP
    Jul 12, 2020
  6. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    No Country for Old Men was genius too. I liked the “brooding” quality it had to it.
    Jul 12, 2020
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    That's one of my all-time favourite films. Have you seen A Hidden Life by Terence Malik?
    Jul 12, 2020
  8. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    No. I saw The Thin Red alone a long time ago (dont really remember it, but Malick is a director I still need to explore; I hear The Tree of Life is really good)
    Jul 12, 2020
  9. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    I’m starting to get into French New Wave, I’ve seen “Breathless” and “400 Blows” and a bunch of Godard shorts, just watched one called “Le Boucher” was Chabrol (it was really creepy) but trying to watch Cleo 5 to 7 right now and can’t find any copies online for the life of me with English subtitles right now, which is pissing me off
    Jul 12, 2020
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I haven't seen either of those, but I want to. Hidden Life is the best film I've ever seen - since you like the Coen Brothers, I think you might like it too. :)
    Jul 12, 2020
  11. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    And “Hiroshima Mon Amour” is good too.
    Jul 12, 2020
  12. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I watched both of those when I was a teenager. I remember the famous running shot in one of them. Dawson's Creek got me into it, would you believe?
    Jul 12, 2020
  13. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    I’ll check that out for sure!
    Jul 12, 2020
    FX-05 and Chris_Cactusblossom like this.
  14. RobinCoenBrosFan
    RobinCoenBrosFan
    Wow that’s crazy about Dawson’s Creek. I believe u though
    Jul 12, 2020