Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. letter
    letter
    It’s been a dark life, friends, so glad that I am still here...as me...to smile with you all along your way. You really have no idea how precious this little thing is to me, how much it means to be able to still make someone smile.

Ahh...soon I go back into no-wifi zone. Don’t miss me too much, k? I’ll be praying for you all, so I won’t be very far ;)
    Feb 12, 2019
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Thank you for your kind words. It's nice to be reminded that we are not monsters.
    Feb 12, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    Aye! @M.S.H., it feels good, doesn’t it? I’m still amazed how words written anonymously & crossing vast distances can somehow feel so personal, and warm.

Indeed, we all help each other slay our monsters, don’t we? :) Just a little bit of kindness and they evaporate in the light of love
    Feb 12, 2019
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Language has power, written/spoken whatever. Too bad some like to use it to drag you down, and some like yourself help uplift others and in the process may end up progressing themselves. Thanks for sharing your wise thoughts.
    Feb 12, 2019
  5. Liv4ever
    Liv4ever
    Soo true! Lots of love frm a kid who's finding his way home :)
    Feb 12, 2019
  6. letter
    letter
    Yeah, you are right @M.S.H.! It’s just, you know, I’ve been surrounded by people who tried to keep me down. Like, it shouldn’t amaze me, but it does...that you say these thoughts are wise.

I’m sure one who knows wisdom as you do will understand what I mean by saying this, thank you for esteeming me. I receive your words. May you find yourself similarly received and accepted, ‘cuz you’ve got some good stuff in you :)
    Feb 12, 2019
  7. letter
    letter
    Home...oh, @Liv4ever, do you know that I am homeless right now? So, I get ya on that sentiment in a very real way.

Oddly enough, it was my first night on the streets when I first felt this thing called “home”. I found it in the arms of a homeless brother, as we held each other’s broken lives in each other’s arms.
    Feb 12, 2019
  8. letter
    letter
    Yeah, we were both there at rock bottom...no place to go but the cold. But in such a place, what do mistakes even matter any more? For a moment, we had each other and all the things that brought us low didn’t matter, because for just that briefest time...we had another soul who understood us.

May you find that place you are longing for. Everyone needs a home :)
    Feb 12, 2019
  9. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @letter I didn't know that. I have no words to say. Being comfortable all my life, I can't even begin to relate to your situation. I sincerely hope things change for the better for you.
    Feb 12, 2019
  10. Liv4ever
    Liv4ever
    @letter No soul is forever doomed. Fate sets us up for our destiny by testing us with extreme adversities.. U my friend will sooner or later be rewarded for all u have endured!
    Live well nd prosper bro
    Feb 12, 2019
  11. letter
    letter
    That's the weird thing @M.S.H., the way I feel now...I've found exquisite emotions in the meaning of all that is happening. Heh...I was about to write that I hope things don't improve and just got an email from my 'family'. Ehhhh, it was nasty :D

They really think I'm super dangerous, have demanded I don't even speak with my nieces anymore.
    Feb 12, 2019
  12. letter
    letter
    But, you can see my heart here...scribbled across these posts over the past month. The disparity between how they perceive me & who I really am is staggering.

And I just smile and laugh. I've got something real, something worth far more than anything they can take from me. All their vitriol just serves to further establish my faith. As such, I am thankful for the part they must play for my story to emerge like this.
    Feb 12, 2019
  13. letter
    letter
    I don't blame them, yeah...they've done terrible things to me, but they really don't know better. I continually forgive them in my heart and ask God to bless them...for my God commanded me to love my enemies. While I wish there was some way I could reach them, I know they just may be too far gone for me. My best wasn't enough, so, I'm here and they're there.

But somehow I'm happy, and they are all kinds of sad.
    Feb 12, 2019
  14. letter
    letter
    Aye! @Liv4ever! Aye! I know that in time I will see the fruits of my suffering. I just don't expect to see it in this life, such a hope could drive me insane...for unfulfilled hope can be a painful thing to bear, you know?
    Feb 12, 2019
  15. letter
    letter
    But my soul isn't doomed, if anything, I've been set free. Paradoxically, all this hardship does is make me feel better and better. Yeah, it's still tough...but as I pray, I change and rise above these seemingly oppressive things.

It's like they're attacking me on Earth, but I'm flying up here with angels lol. That kind of stuff just can't reach me anymore :D
    Feb 12, 2019