1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Pastor Preston

1. CTRL + DEL
    CTRL + DEL
    It kinda just happens lol
    Dec 6, 2018
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Don’t mess with ur body clock. Why are u awake during the night? Is it due to night shift?
    Dec 6, 2018
  3. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    @Basith, I try to be productive at night with homework. It usually doesn't work and I fall asleep. I have friends that only get 4 hours of sleep, and I need 7 or 8.
    Dec 6, 2018
  4. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    Hey Preston, as Basith said, manipulating your sleep wake cycle is one of the worst things you can do! It messes up your hormones, and may cause serious damages! Trust me I've been down the road and it just doesn't work. If my body needs 8 hours of sleep, it's my job and responsibility to maintain that for my body.
    Dec 15, 2018
  5. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    Some bodies need less sleep, some need more. Refusing to sleep as much as it needs is not good! You can find scientific details on the net!

And as for productivity, staying up late doesn't help if you get all those disadvantages!
    Dec 15, 2018
  6. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    And please for God's sake don't use coffee so much! Coffee can be addictive, and very bad to your nervous system! Especially if your body isn't very nice to it, e.g. anxiety or headaches or acne.

All the best
    Dec 15, 2018
  7. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Dec 15, 2018
  8. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    You're other advice is pretty good. I was a psych major, so I should know better. I admittedly don't, and love drinking coffee and staying up working late. But, you're not wrong :)
    Dec 15, 2018
  9. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    @Newgrip Preston coffee is not for everyone! My body is allergic to coffee and gets me heavy reactions! It might not be so good for you as well...just sayin'!

Oh and the caffeine in the coffee... Do you really wanna know?
    Dec 15, 2018
  10. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    Just type "caffeine disadvantages" I straightly get to this:

---Research Showing Harmful Effects of Caffeine
    -More than 4 cups of coffee linked to early death. ...
    -Caffeine consumption may raise blood pressure. ...
    -Increased risk of heart attacks among young adults. ...
    Dec 15, 2018
  11. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    -Caffeine linked to gout attacks. ...
    -Breast tissue cysts in women. ...
    -Caffeine could cause incontinence. ...
    -Caffeine may cause insomnia.
    More items...

Also it could be addictive.
    Best wishes!
    Dec 15, 2018
  12. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    Note: some of the symptoms are yet to be proved by examination, but they're observed a lot!
    Dec 15, 2018
  13. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Dec 15, 2018
  14. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    I mean, really, it's interesting that it can cause those problems. I'm sorry you're allergic to it. I can tell you that I like it and it helps me stay awake. I've known for a long time that I should cut back, but I really like it too much tbh. I'm working on my sleep schedule, as well.
    Dec 15, 2018
  15. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    Hahaha yeah I know... It's so good but it's our job to do not what feels good, but what is for the greater good!
    Glad to hear you're working on your sleep...don't forget to google stuff and do researches! Best wishes!
    Dec 15, 2018
  16. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    I'm actually doing a day without coffee, today. I'm still having some chai tea, though :)
    Dec 17, 2018
  17. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    Glad hearing that! You're a strong man! But don't take my word for coffee; do more research if it's very important to you! Always remember though, that coffee business is a big one, and big businesses always hide the disadvantages of services they're providing...
    Hope you the best!
    Dec 17, 2018
  18. Pastor Preston
    Pastor Preston
    Thank you man! I did a day without coffee accidentally on Saturday, because I stayed with a friend that only had tea. I enjoyed the sleep I got, so I'm doing it again! Thanks for your advice on that!
    Dec 17, 2018
  19. The Ultimate
    The Ultimate
    Glad I could help you, mate! Wish you the best!
    Dec 17, 2018