1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by vxlccm

1. vulture175
    vulture175
    Drug talk? Woo, I'm triggered :P
    Mar 2, 2018
  2. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    LOL @vulture175. Yeah the drugs are a problem, I hope you can get past that. We won't be getting any more rock into the household.
    Mar 7, 2018
  3. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    Hope you're not burning out. Good thing is, it seems, (some? many?) employers recognise they're losing productivity from employee burnout and are encouraging their staff to meditate, exercise, etc. Drugs burn you out quick as it gets, btw.
    Mar 7, 2018
  4. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    We should arrange for another conversation some time, @vxlccm. My other client--yeah, the one I thought I could count on--seems to have gone cold on me, and I'm sick of trying to nudge him in the direction of paying me. I've said it enough times for him to know: this is software, it will help your business, and it is worth money, which I expected to receive long ago...
    Mar 7, 2018
  5. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Sorry to hear about billing troubles. Accounts receivable is always a dreaded aspect of business. I always put a late fee declaration at the bottom of the invoice. Sounds like you went out on a limb a little. Which is good.
    Mar 7, 2018
    Symbol of Peace likes this.
  6. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Business = risk for reward. So, little risk, little reward. And, larger risk, larger potential returns. Just don't overextend from where you are comfortable. I've spent 10% of my time in 10 years on things that did not return value. Such is life. Sometimes, maybe another 10%, things returned quite well. Enough to cover the difference. So, hopefully that will be your experience!
    Mar 7, 2018
  7. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Testing the water initially and billing for some smaller amounts is good because some people are just jerking us around and won't ever pay and want things for free. Small bit of advice there. Be out on a limb, do a proof of concept, and then ask for a show of faith payment and give them access to an initial demo. One way to help weed people out.
    Mar 7, 2018
  8. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Stay nofap 'sober'... many blessings await!
    Mar 7, 2018
  9. vulture175
    vulture175
    @vxlccm you are the man. Wait, i think weed is ok somehow
    Mar 8, 2018
  10. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    weed and code... cannot mix? you do you man. For me, I'm substance free. Working on that sugar thing!
    Mar 8, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and vulture175 like this.
  11. vulture175
    vulture175
    Great example with the coding. Cannot mix. Agree.
    Mar 8, 2018
    Symbol of Peace and vxlccm like this.
  12. vulture175
    vulture175
    How about cigarette and code? Mix, no?
    Mar 9, 2018
  13. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Ha. Well, I'm Mormon and live by revelation that those things are harmful, so abstain from alcohol, tobacco, coffee... and try to eat healthy! :)
    Mar 9, 2018
  14. vulture175
    vulture175
    Roger that!!!
    Mar 10, 2018
  15. Born_For_War
    Born_For_War
    Yes, fellers, a clear mind *definitely* helps with coding. @vxlccm, My client has come around (finally!) saying that he wants the database after all. I'm kinda inclined not to give it to him and just say, well, you kept me waiting so long, so now you can f*** off... but that would be unprofessional ;)
    Mar 26, 2018