1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Deleted Account

1. Arohamystic
    Arohamystic
    I started watching it, but didn't stick with it. Did you enjoy it?
    Feb 5, 2018
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Can't say I enjoyed, I found it quite disturbing. I had never heard a victim of abuse by a priest describe so graphically describe what happened to them.
    Feb 6, 2018
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I think it wasn't just abuse but also blasphemy. For a man to tell a girl that she's a sinner and then have sex with her so she can 'be filled by the holy spirit' shocked me. I guess in many Catholic abuse cases things like this take place. It made me wonder where was God when this happened If God instantly killed Ananias and Sapphira for they what they did, surely the priest deserved to be killed.
    Feb 6, 2018
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I don't think I'll ever not believe in God but I found myself wondering what was actually going on. If God is a God of love then how could he not intervene? Surely any good father would protect their child if they knew were being hurt.
    Feb 6, 2018
  5. Arohamystic
    Arohamystic
    I think that is the reason I didn't stick with the series - I can't really deal with stuff like that.
    And yes, you have asked the age-old question: how could a loving God allow that to happen? I've thought about that a lot. The only conclusion I've been able to come up with is that God has no knowledge of our mortal lives (ie "eyes too pure to behold evil") but that opens a whole new can of worms...
    Feb 7, 2018
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    That's an interesting thought. I haven't given the question much thought until recently. What made me think about it was a podcast where there were talking about all the good Christians have done in the world, but then the question was asked if a loving God that inspired so many to do good then why does this same God stop evil. I think it was the way question was asked that made me think.
    Feb 7, 2018
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    By the way if you're interested the podcast is called Hinge and it has a Christian Pastor and an atheist Philosopher investigate and discuss the Christian faith.
    Feb 7, 2018
  8. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    Since it is true that God is the essence of all love in the universe, then there is much perspective in how our freedom to choose includes being able to wrong others. I could never watch something portraying horrible things. Forgiveness is so difficult, but heaven is then clearly deserved!
    Feb 7, 2018