1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do government workers do anything?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by bboyownz, Aug 16, 2017.

1. bboyownz

bboyownz Fapstronaut

Anyone here work in the government (USA)? Do you actually do anything? From what I've seen, the people I have had to work with in the gov't, none of you guys seem to have any skills, yet still get paid more than me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Buddhabro

Buddhabro Fapstronaut

I used to work with a guy who ended up being hired by a naval shipyard who later complained that all he did for 3 weeks was go to work and sleep!
    I had recently been let go from my job under suspicious circumstances again (even though I was a good worker) and was a little upset. I was driven to ask him (rather harshly),
    "Are you bragging !?! Because it sounds like you're bragging !".
    The leadership in the U.S. is corrupt and exploit their positions, so the problems come from the top down. If you show up ready and willing to work and sacrifice you will feel like you are a crazy freak.
    It's a sad state of affairs here. :(

3. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I don't work for the government and never have, but it does seem at least that it is very inefficient. In my interactions with the government, I often see multiple people involved in a task which one person could handle readily, as well as many redundant systems. They also seem to pay employees a lot more than a private sector employee would make doing similar work.

4. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Yes I did and yes we do.

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I used to work for the parks department, which is a government funded program. I busted my ass and would come home exhausted every day.

6. bboyownz

bboyownz Fapstronaut

I'm talking about work in DC. I live near DC. So I'm referring to organizations close to the capitol.

7. MarinoBigFan1984

I've worked at the federal, state, and county level. I'm at the county level now. Your hands are constantly tied together by forces beyond your control and I don't mean other government agencies.

8. MarinoBigFan1984

I worked at the federal level for CMS the agency that overseas Medicare and Medicaid.

9. It depends on what you do and whos in charge. My mother worked for the department of mental health and she was in management so she had tons of responsibility. She also said when her employees fucked up, it was almost impossible to fire them unless they sexual assaulted someone or where using drugs at work. Government workers not working is a myth but I know Government employers put up with way more shit than private employers.