I am 52 years old and now I know I have to find myself

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Mikkel Birket Brilner, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Mikkel Birket Brilner

Mikkel Birket Brilner Fapstronaut

Hey fellow human

I am Mikkel or at least I am now trying to learn to become Mikkel and not all the labels I have learned to self-identify with.
    I am an active drug addict, who traded one drug with another, but I have just recently found what my current drug is. It is sex.
    I have never done "a program or steps", because I fooled myself into believing that I was not really an addict. This is my first day, where I will try to be without PMO.

With regards
    A fellow human :)

i_wanna_get_better1 likes this.
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome Mikkel, I'm glad you are here. Let me know what I can do to help.

3. Mikkel Birket Brilner

Mikkel Birket Brilner Fapstronaut

Thanks
    I have learned from wife, how is a social-worker to speak in the following way. I speak only about myself if relevant. I believe that is also used in some forms of group therapy.
    Hi, my name is Mikkel and I am a human. What I mean by this, is that I have learned not to hate and hold hold humans as humans and not as monster including myself. It doesn't mean that I always agree but I accept all humans as humans including myself.
    I try to live according to the serenity prayer, though without God as I am an atheist. I have found that I have to believe in some higher than myself and it works for me as an atheist to believe in humans; all humans are equal as humans and different as individuals.
    What I have found, is that I have a low self-esteem and that goes back to my childhood. I have also issues with accepting acknowledgements from other humans, what I do okay. So I used sex from my wife as an acknowledgement and I hunted orgasms to get high and feel awarded and acknowledged.
    I have learned to try to accept acknowledgements from other humans and I have learned to acknowledge myself. I do it in the following manner: I actually hug my self if alone and acknowledge myself in the following manner: "Little Mikkel", this is grown Mikkel, I am an adult now and I will take care of you. It works for me to do that, since I have issues from my childhood, which are still present and I have to help myself as the child, which I still have in me by reassuring myself, that I know that I am worth something and that I try to live without hate towards other humans and without self-hate.

With regards
    From a fellow human to a fellow human.