Intro

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Vincent_M, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Vincent_M

Vincent_M New Fapstronaut

Hey guys!

Just starting out on these forums, and I've been PMO-free 15 days so far. I've been doing alright since I've started, except I've been exhausted all the time. I've also been cutting out caffeine. Not sure if that's causing the exhaustion. I also go to the gym nearly everyday.

I started PMO at age 12 when I discovered soft-core stuff on the premium channels we had on satellite TV. Then, we got internet in high school. I moved to that, and was hooked for about 10 years, until now... I'm pledging to never go back to PMO again, but my short-term goal is to make it to 90 days. Once I'm there, I'll allow myself to feel very accomplished.

My main goal is to attain real, sustainable self-esteem. I want to be able to feel loved by others, and love them back. There are girls I get attached to, but I'm starting to think that affection is out of "love addiction" and what Susan Anderson calls "aband-holism". Will this help? Also, is there a love addiction community similar to nofap? I'm trying to get over trust issues and abandonment traumas from the past.

My parents always did, and still do care about me, but they were sort of wrapped up in their own stuff growing up. I didn't had very manipulative friends growing up too... Of course, should have taken my parents' advice, and gotten out of the house more. I should have gone to dances in middle and high school growing up like they wished us to. I was just shy, and didn't know how to relate. It's a byproduct of my obsessive personality I've had my entire life.

Anyway, that's my story. Thank you for reading!

2. freedomwarrior

freedomwarrior Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. Glad you are here and want to heal. Much success to you.

3. 123@@@

123@@@ Fapstronaut

Bro, 10 years!
    It gotta be said that your battle will be long and tough.
    But never give up.
    May the force be with you.