1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 days Hardmode NoFap ,No smoke , No weed , No youtube

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Gol D Roger, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Gol D Roger

Gol D Roger Fapstronaut

One of the hardest things I have done but it was totally worth it. Withdrawals were more intense and the depressions were the one of the worst I ever faced. My resolve and yearning for increasing my concentration drove me to the depths of insanity. Meditation is one of the ways to learn how to expend energy in ways you want and not in the way that is dictated by the mind. This battle all is about your spirit taking control of the mind and attaining mastery over your mind. Although the rewards are the same , more eviler the mind ,the more difficult it is to control it. There are many paths to the top of the mountain, I will be denoting some of the techniques I used.

1. I decided to slap myself whenever my mind started wandering when I was supposed to be in a state of concentration. These hard slaps generated ringing sounds in my ears. I went on a hunch that any waves generated in the brain and not by the brain due to the mistakes of the brain will hasten the sort of transformation I was looking for .First day I slapped myself like 120 times , second day it was around a 100 ... from 3rd day till 90th day , the daily average was around 20. The threat of slapping itself subdued the monkey mind later on.

2.I woke up early every morning to meditate and exercise followed by some pranayama . This is a way to expend all that excess energy and on days where I failed to do my exercises I had to deal with mega urges and a more difficult to control mind and lesser concentration as a result.

3. It is all about transmuting your energy and desires towards your goals. I tried transmuting hunger and desire to eat too but failed .( this is next )

4. On day 60 I noticed two new veins popping out on the sides of my head. This pretty much signifies increased blood flow to brain which is a natural occurrence due to increase in concentration.

5. Make a daily journal. It has proven to be highly beneficial for me.

6. I was reading whatever I managed to get my hands on . Apart from syllabus for my exams , I also managed to learn a new language .

7.Lemon Tea helps in detoxifying your lungs from the harmful after effects of smoking and also manages to stem the cigarette withdrawal symptoms albeit by a small margin only.

8.I had previously removed all social media apps like Whatsapp ,fb , instagram from my phone. These apps are nothing but black holes for sucking the energy from oneself. The things we possess ends up possessing us.

9.You will have to find out your dominant emotion and work on transmuting that . For me it was rage. Inability to control my wandering psychotic impulses lead me to abuse weed and other drugs which in turn exacerbates the problem . It is a clearly vicious cycle akin to how stupid mental health institutions think pills will solve the problems that arise by the virtue of the mind being the master.

10. Sex and any form of ejaculation decreases concentration and focus by a lot though not as much as masturbation which is clearly the worst. Alexander the Great had harems of beautiful women yet a month before battle or so he would never indulge in intercourse with any of them. That is willpower of an altogether higher level .

I was approached by like 15 -20 women during this period. Athough I had pretty much never been in a relationship and had no sort of interaction with women due to my shy nature, I rejected them all and moved on towards fulfilling my goals. I aced my exams and will be continuing this for another year or so to build my concentration up to the maximum so that I can fight in MMA tournaments.

I recommend everyone to read the works of Miyamoto Musashi and Buddha whose quotes regarding mind control are probably the best I have seen .

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  2. Peterandmore

Peterandmore Fapstronaut

Hey, a great post. Very interesting about Alexander The Great. A question re. your first point. Dis you struggle concentrating as you were having conversations with people? I have found i can concentrate on a conversation for a couple of minutes and then i realise my mind is in a completely different place!
    Thanks

3. Gol D Roger

Gol D Roger Fapstronaut

I am generally very bad at conversing with people owing to a disinterest in the usual subjects which most people talk about like movies etc. which is partially the reason for me being a loner. It is not only during conversation that your mind wanders off but every other time also if you notice it clearly. The tendency of the mind to wander off is natural and bringing it back to the present is what mindfulness is all about.

4. Peterandmore

Peterandmore Fapstronaut

Yes thnking about that I see you are correct! I need to keep in the moment, easier said than done though!

Sozboss92 and Gol D Roger like this.
  5. icewizard

icewizard Fapstronaut

What type of meditation were you doing and for how long each day did you meditate/ do excercises? Where did you learn to do pranayama? Do you think it is sufficient enough to practice just meditation, and not do pranayama or exercise?

6. Peterandmore

Peterandmore Fapstronaut

I have never done pranyama, i do guided meditation/hypnotherapy. I do 30 minutes each day. I don't believe it has sped up my reboot, however it calms my mind and i feel more rested after it than even a sleep can do. My biggest problem is no libido, i have had no libido for 13 months now (when i started this process)
    I exercise each day at the gym and i can run many miles, again i enjoy this but i don't believe it has helped my reboot or lack of libido!

7. Gol D Roger

Gol D Roger Fapstronaut

I did the usual breath meditation only. Meditated 5 times everyday for like 10 minutes.( this itself was a big improvement as I am hyperactive by nature) . Exercised for like 1.5 hours in the morning everyday. I learnt pranayama from a yogi who took classes near my place. It entirely depends on you if you want to practise only meditation and skip pranayama and exercise. If you are of a peaceful nature with comparatively lesser sexual drive then that will work for you as it did for one of my friends. But if you have a more violent disposition and off the chart sexual urges then you have no other option but to do exercise and meditation if you want faster results. You can chart out your own exercises or routine that you feel is suitable for you and tailored to your requirements. I made my own exercises by combining reverse breathing techniques from Karate.Only when you have acquired decent concentration you can verify to the effectiveness of your techniques and work on improvisation else you might be practising it altogether in a wrong manner. Follow your instinct. I was instinctively doing some exercises correctly without even knowing that I was doing them correctly. It was only later when I was doing some research I stumbled across the veracity and effectiveness of some of my techniques.

8. Gol D Roger

Gol D Roger Fapstronaut

I had the same reaction when I first read the quote
    Make sure that your quality of meditation is increasing . meditations while listening to some guidance through headphones are a sham. The source from which Patanjali (author of yogasutra) obtained knowledge is within all of us as well. Go to a place infested with mosquitoes and try meditating there.. It will take like a week to master sitting amidst such distractions. You can guarantee a massive increase in conc. and speeding down the reboot path if you manage to do that. Nature is your guide and can help you set up checkpoints . Sage Ramana Maharishi was found to be enveloped with a blanket of mosquitoes , stung by scorpions and bitten by termites while meditating. Yet he never moved.

I had no libido when I was in depressive phase and sometime later on too. It depends entirely on how long the addiction lasted for. Varies from person to person.

9. w4rrior

w4rrior New Fapstronaut

congratulations!!!

Gol D Roger likes this.
  10. Peterandmore

Peterandmore Fapstronaut

I think i would struggle finding somewhere with mosquitos! I live in Manchester England.
    My favourite guided meditations are Michael Sealey whom you can find on you tube. They are addictive for me, they send me on a very trippy/spiritual journey.
    My addiction has been fapping 5+ times a day for 25 years. I even used to take amphetamine so i could be awake all night 'chain' jerking.

I have now been 13 months with no libido, i am trying very hard to be positive and living with hope that it will return.

11. Gol D Roger

Gol D Roger Fapstronaut

You can use the principles behind the guided meditation in improving your own meditation but by no means do not let it interfere with your meditation. The teachings of Buddha are a finger pointing to the moon. If you cling to the finger you might miss the moon. You have held strong for 13 months keep continuing.it is generally darkest before dawn. If you keep improving your quality of meditation you will see yourself out of the reboot and into the promised land. There is no other way to hasten the process. Also make sure that you do not substitute one addiction for another as any form of dopamine increase affects the rebooting process.

12. Peterandmore

Peterandmore Fapstronaut

Yes i realised that very recently, that is why i am now on monk mode. I meditate each day (guided) how do i improve the quality of this?
    Thanks

13. Sozboss92

Sozboss92 Fapstronaut

This is awesome! I hope I can get there some day.

14. icewizard

icewizard Fapstronaut

Do you not listen to music or play any games? What do you spend your time doing all day besides meditating?

15. Gol D Roger

Gol D Roger Fapstronaut

I used to listen to music 12 hours a day previously also used to massively binge time play Dota 2. Nevertheless once this program started I restricted music to about 2 hours per day and completely stopped gaming. I spend most of the day learning something new , figuring out theorems or inventing new fighting techniques

16. Gol D Roger

Gol D Roger Fapstronaut

Go to a place filled with distractions and try meditating there.Initially it will be hard but later you will adjust yourself to meditating there which actually signifies improvement in meditation quality. Too bad you dont have mosquitoes in Manchester. Those little vampires actually help haha.